Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so i did a search and couldnt find anything, was just curious as to what women thought about this topic, if your partner asked you what your thoughts on the topic where/if you would consider getting them how would you take this?

Personally i dont have any qualms with plastic surgery and anticipate getting it myself when i get older, for me personally i view the idea of having it done much the same as getting a hair cut (yes i realise there are risks involved as there is to varying degrees with everything in life).

so was just curious as to what reactions ppl have to the idea, how much is your self esteem tied into your body image and would the above question upset you?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

Ben, once you hit boyfriend status, the rules change..we just don't tell you that. wink

ubblol to something along the lines of
blue eyed girl asking
preboyfriend status "whats my eye colour?" answer "hazzel" result *slap*
boyfriend status "whats my eye colour?" answer "blue" result *slap*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

I've people assume I'm not bright.
I have a hard time find clothes to fit my chest (large) and my waist (not as). So if I fit my waist I get called a hoochie cause my chest is pronounced. If I get clothes to fit my chest I am told I look dowdy and unprofessional. It can be hard.

yay! it isn't just me then!

i have larg-ish boobs and a tiny waist in comparison and have a nightmare of a time finding clothes that fit.

can we start a campaign for a new clothing line? that FIT boobs and waist?!

the assuming i'm not bright? i have big boobs and am naturally blonde. i dye my hair dark, because i got so sick of people assuming i was thick. redface

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
If someone wants to get their boobs up to a size that makes them feel feminine, then that's cool. If they want to go to ludicrously Lolo Ferrari sized bazongas, feel free. It doesn't affect me so other people can tattoo themselves blue all over and have buttock implants all the way down their spines if they feel like it.

Personally I'm prepared to have so many tummy tucks that I end up with a hairy chest if I feel so inclined. Other people's opinions matter not one jot nor tattle.

I was explaining what cellulite was to the bloke the other day, he looked at me in horror and said "please promise me you'll never get it." The fact that my backside looks like I've been sat on one of those nobbly car seat covers for a week apparently has gone completely unnoticed. Our perceptions of our imperfections are far more intense than other people's.

(rambling. Been down a mine for two weeks and have only just been let out into the sunlight.)

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well you know there are a lot of guys with pretty small balls. I reckon there's a lot of money to be made from implants inserted in the scrotum. It might feel wierd and be potentially lethal but hey, if it makes them more amusing to fondle that's got to be worth it eh. And it would make an interesting bulge in the trousers that random people could look at for fun. That would make up for the increased difficulty sitting down, possible effects on sterility etc, right. Can't understand why its not a mass market item already. Might go home and suggest it to the fellas.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Eera and Gabe, you just made my morning at work biggrin

Eera's absolutely right about boys noticing some imperfections less. Once I was talking to an ex about what I didn't like about me, and it turned out he preferred confidence to perfection. Looking at how even the most beautiful women complain about their little imperfections, that's a good thing smile

And Gabe, fantastic idea! If you ever get it patented I'll buy shares biggrin ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
toobie...I'm there with ya sistah! I find if I get button down shirts that are darted in the waist, they fit. I have a hard time finding any other form of shirt with that though.

Every guy I know prefers confidence. Absolutely. But more than that, there was study years ago, and I put it into practice in the movement classes that I teach and in my life coaching practice. People with depression and self-esteem issues had their walks and postures evaluated and adjusted. They had to then carry the adjusted posture, a more confident appearing one, for a set amount of time. What they found is that people passing by started to respond to them in a more positive way, which then reflected in their moods and demeanors positively. It's a cycle along the lines of you get what you give.
One of the most confident and lovely women I know has never had to wear a bra in her life. And she LOVES her IBT's.

OMG Eera, the hairy chest...ubblol

Gabe, they have testicular implants already. They are available for cancer survivors.

The ones I don't at all get are ones like calf implants. Wtf?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
I seriously considered a breast reduction when I was younger. I am pretty well endowed to start with, but when I was a teenager I was pretty much obese. (according to BMI charts at any rate). Having large breasts was a huge burden at high school (My nickname was Anna Nicole Smith, even though I'm short and brunette) and it had a huge effect on my confidence for years.

I lost weight, my breasts shrunk (down to an E cup, if your curious) and even now they feel something of a liability.

But I love them. They've become slightly misshapen, saggy and not as firm as they were. I know the situation will only deteriorate.

But they belong to me.. I'd feel odd if I didn't have them. If my physical symptoms (back pain, etc.) gets worse as I get older, I might consider it then.

But not for cosmetic reasons. I was born with the genes to give me the breasts that I have. They aren't perfect, but at least their mine.

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

Page: