Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so i did a search and couldnt find anything, was just curious as to what women thought about this topic, if your partner asked you what your thoughts on the topic where/if you would consider getting them how would you take this?

Personally i dont have any qualms with plastic surgery and anticipate getting it myself when i get older, for me personally i view the idea of having it done much the same as getting a hair cut (yes i realise there are risks involved as there is to varying degrees with everything in life).

so was just curious as to what reactions ppl have to the idea, how much is your self esteem tied into your body image and would the above question upset you?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
mm, i actually kind of like the shape of her eyes, a bit small though... anyways that's not the point.

I'm happy in my skin, sure, my tummy's maybe a bit too round for me to be comfortable wearing a bikini, so i don't. my boobs are great, and i think full breast implants look seriously weird.

however, i have a friend who seriously has no boobs, her chest could easily be that of a 12-year-old boy, and yet she's a very feminine girl and likes to wear trendy low-cut tops, but more often than not has to pad them out so they don't hang weirdly.

i think in that situation it's understandable that it would affect her self esteem and i don't think anyone could fault her for having the surgery she so desperately wants.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

(side note)

Is it only me that is slightly annoyed with having to scroll sideways to read every line? umm

Nope - me too... so much about implants... all your clothing and bras suddenly don't fit anymore..

RAVEHEAD! Please resize the first pic! mad wink
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1161340487)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
The thing is, I don't quite agree with all the surgery being necessary for someone's self esteem.

Even if you have no boobs to speak of, that's what you look like. I mean, if you feel you have to change it, alright, but what about all the people who can't change the things about their bodies that they hate? They still have to get on with their lives, and usually do quite well.

I don't see how anyone's self confidence can be seriously affected by them being flat-chested. But maybe that's just me. Sure they can pay for a boob job if they feel they have to... still I'd recommend first to look a bit deeper and try and find out why you can't love yourself just because of a few inches missing.

Personally I'd feel more self-conscious about a pair of breasts that anyone can see is fake, or being stuffed with a padded bra, which usually is quite obvious, too wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
i think it would make me feel like i was a bit deformed (ok, strong phrase but hear me out) if i couldn't go into a clothing store selling age-apropriate clothing and find anything that fitted.

think seriously about it. without automatically taking the "love thy body" approach.

clothing manufacturers *don't* make clothes for adult women that don't allow for the extra inches around the chest. if *every* shirt you put on flops about on your chest, it's gonna make you feel a bit inadequite, a bit like there's bits of you missing.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think that's where the irrationality comes into Birgit...

I wholeheartedly agree that implants would be pandering the ideal that looks do matter and psychological counselling would be more the ideal solution. But truth is we don't live in an ideal world.

No matter how much we can convince a girl that breast size doesn't matter, all it would take would be one idiot to call the girl 'flat-chested' and even though that idiot wouldn't be worth bothering about the girl's self-confidence could potentially still be shattered...

It's not just limited to women. How many times have men been told 'size matters' despite repeated assurance to the contrary. How many new cases of buttock or pectoral implants have emerged with the rise in prominence of the 'female gaze' slowly overtaking the 'male gaze' which is now becoming something of a joke and a point of weakness in men?

I would prefer it nobody had to worry about their bodies, but people worry about other things as well, their intelligence, wit, skills, class. Even transgendered people. COuld you convince a transexual that they should be happy with the gender they were born with despite their feelings? This is a tenuous link I know but it does have SOME parallels between idealism and real life complexities of the human ego.

I am all for counselling to despell their anxieties about their bodies but would be wrong to deny someone surgery as a 'final solution' it that is what is preventing them from being happy.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
i'm happy in my body now, but a while ago i was starting to consider a boob reduction. now i never got any further with it (thank god) but i was seriously considering it. now i'm a bit older and filled out a bit more (the rest of me is in more proportion) i'm much happier, and no, i wouldn't change it for the world. my boobs are not huge, not at all, but the rest of me was just so skinny i thought i looked ridiculous and i got a lot of attention that made me really uncomfortable.

now i'm a little squishier about the middle, it makes so much more sense and i am so glad i waited before making any decisions.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ben-ja-men

so i did a search and couldnt find anything, was just curious as to what women thought about this topic, if your partner asked you what your thoughts on the topic where/if you would consider getting them how would you take this?

If Jon asked me I would tell him "No, Why? Have you ever considered castration? biggrin"

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol this threads turned into a horror gallery of people with body dismorphia syndrome.

i'm not too bothered if someone has a boob job as long as it's not grotesque ubblol tongue

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Are you going to resize that pic rave head?

Love is the law.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ado-p

NO tongue wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

i disagree i think if you have a healthy relationship and you are both happy in yourselves you should be able to raise any topic with a partner

*raises an eyebrow and reckons that ben will continue to learn the hard way*

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

Written by:

i disagree i think if you have a healthy relationship and you are both happy in yourselves you should be able to raise any topic with a partner

*raises an eyebrow and reckons that ben will continue to learn the hard way*

no i think that's true. i'm in probably the most honest relationship i've ever been in. i think adam could say pretty much anything to me & wouldn't be offended, not because of what he says, but because we've got in to the habit of just coming out with the little things we wonder, like would you ever get fake boobs!

i like to think i'm mature enough not to be pathetic about it, and i'd expect the same from him if, like, i dunno, i wanted him to lose weight or something. anything else is childish as far as i'm concerned.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Dave I know it's not easy for a lot of the girls who go for breast enlargements. I'm not trying to demean the ones that really suffer, or say noone should get them. I mean, it's a service and as long as you pay you'll find someone to do it for you. Easy as that. I just think it's too easy to just say "sure, if they're happy with it". Cause let's face it, every woman who gets her breasts enlarged means one less customer for clothes for people with small breasts for example, and means more pressure on those who didn't go for the op or don't have the money.

I think the number of people who change their body by invasive methods does not reflect the number of people who have serious enough issues for that to be the only way.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... but you are taken already, Tao ...

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Dave I know it's not easy for a lot of the girls who go for breast enlargements. I'm not trying to demean the ones that really suffer, or say noone should get them. I mean, it's a service and as long as you pay you'll find someone to do it for you. Easy as that. I just think it's too easy to just say "sure, if they're happy with it". Cause let's face it, every woman who gets her breasts enlarged means one less customer for clothes for people with small breasts for example, and means more pressure on those who didn't go for the op or don't have the money.

I think the number of people who change their body by invasive methods does not reflect the number of people who have serious enough issues for that to be the only way.

ditto

I do think it is just TOO EASY...
i agree completely that should it be a major issue, and all other avenues have been explored and rejected, and someone is still majorly unhappy with the way they look, to the point it is makeing their life uber difficult then yeah - surgery should be considered, but there should be councelling to go with it, all the pro's and cons gone through, equally and unbiased, and then the decision should be made.

I think the whole "my boobs are not big enough lets have implants" attitude is a little.... irresponsable...?

~|x.,x.,x|~

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: me

I wholeheartedly agree that implants would be pandering the ideal that looks do matter and psychological counselling would be more the ideal solution. But truth is we don't live in an ideal world.

I am all for counselling to despell their anxieties about their bodies but would be wrong to deny someone surgery as a 'final solution' it that is what is preventing them from being happy.

Put it down to free trading and that the cosmetic surgery industry is exactly THAT - and industry. As long as people demand the service, it will continue to be be available to those who can afford it...

I'm gonna turn my sympathetic viewpoint on its head and say something like 'any person that's superficial enough to want to fork out their life-savings (or in the case rich Beverly Hills Housewives - their annual shopping bill) to make themselves LOOK better deserves to have that dent in their bank account and suffer for their looks'.

Agree or disagree?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
How do people feel about breast implants after breast cancer, as a kind of reconstructive surgery?

I'm really not bothered by what people want to do with their bodies. If it does make them happier, who are we to judge?

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I find it hard to get across what I'm trying to say... I know people will do it, but I think society in general is just a bit too ready to say "yeah, her self esteem is seriously damaged and she needs that job" instead of "she's doing it because she's a vain cow who can't accept that there's something about her body that looks better in other women."

I know that sounds horribly un-pc, and disregards those few women (or men) who really need the operation. I can accept that that need exists, just like your transsexual example. Though I assume there are way less transsexuals than people with boob jobs BECAUSE generally the people who go through that process really need it? The cases who need an operation are excepted in the following statement, too:

I can't stand people who go to their health insurance and claim mental damage and the need of the money for the operation, thus ridding an already overstrained health system of money direly needed. And people with real mental problems to be disregarded as similarly not serious. Same thing for those stupid people who go and do it at the cheapest "clinic" they can find, then needing twice that money from the public health service to correct the damage some charlatan's done to them.

If you're rich enough and go to a proper place with proper doctors, fine, go and have your boobs and confidence inflated with silicone and continue being slightly empty inside until the thought pops up that your legs are a bit too fat and THAT's REALLY why you've been dissatisfied for the last 5 years. Or be actually happy with your body and think that those rubbery appendages are the best thing that's ever happened to you, cause otherwise how could you wear Beckham-style size 0 and still have a C cup?

Sorry, I know I'm doing this all in the extreme, but I've just finished writing a bit for a satire magazine, so don't take this by the letter, but get the general thing I'm trying to say, please?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
I wont get them. I have a small chest, and oh well. I had a big chest when I was nursing my daughter, and now they arent the same... they are smaller and dont seem as firm (which is understandable, i nursed for 14 months) but would never get implants.

I have a friend who has had a boob job, tummy tuck, and liposuction twice. I have advice for that... lose weight. And its not as if she cant... she eats fast food ALL the time, never works out, and sleeps all day. I dont like plastic surgery at all. And neither does my boyfriend.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
I used to have small...uhm...ones...until I got pregnant. They became eek ubbloco.

And referring to one of the pictures here; wow, Latoya Jackson looks so much like Michael! Except for the breasts of course.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

Written by: ado-p

NO tongue wink

I'm starting to wonder why a large pic on a thread on a page about big boobs would bother me. Sorry dude.

Love is the law.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

https://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/cat_scary_celebrities.html
now THAT's bad!

Did you notice that the celebs shown there became lookalikes? Either the facial features were in fashion at that time, they had the same surgeon, or whatelse?

All of them looked nice - just notice how Meg Ryan changed eek wonder what Antonio got to say to this...

Birgit, I'm really interested in that link (wanna test my intuition, too) could you please PM it to me? I'm just over 18 wink so no worries biggrin

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
I know why I used to want plastic surgery, I was an athelitic tomboyish teen, toned, thin and as flat as a pancake. I use to get bullied for it, and was referred to as "Sam...the man". I grew up with this stigma that to have small breast was unfeminine.

Anywhoos, I started my first serious relationship when I was 18...went on the pill. Bang, I was always a late bloomer. biggrin

Now I long for the day when they were small and didn't sag. Though I do love them, and touch them alot more. redface Is that odd, maybe? Funnily enough I feel more feminine since...

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Link is on its way... I especially like that bit:
"CAUTION: this test features pictures of uncovered and uncensored breasts, real and fake. As we all know, children will be irreparably damaged should they see pictures and images of real breasts, so please take this test in an appropriate environment."

(G.W. Dahlquist)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thks Birgit - I wanted to do this next to the elementary school where all the kids hang out... [/ironic] wink

Honestly I also held the misconception that a woman with no chest would have problems with her feminity - guess that also applies to "oversized"... Is that socially based?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Durbs, your loathing of chapstick still makes me laugh.

I only see certain reasons for having them.

My mothers friend lost both breasts to cancer. She has implants to help her feel feminine again.

I know someone who was less than an A cup. She got small implants to help her feel feminine. Female body builders do this as well.

There are women who are born crazily lopsided (one breast alot larger than the other). It helps even that out.

For strictly vanity purposes to get large knockers, especially when it is things like "My boyfriend wants me to..." Ummm, no. It is absurd. If the boyfriend can't accept her as she is then no. It has to be the woman's choice, done for herself.

Myself, I have known people to get both...enlarged and reduced. I myself concidered a reduction at one point.

FireTom, when a lady is well endowed, quite honestly, it is hard. People accuse you of having fake breasts. Men can't really tell you what your eye color is and for some reason women automatically make rude judgements about it. Then again, so do men.

I've had bosses hit on me. I've people assume I'm not bright.

I have a hard time find clothes to fit my chest (large) and my waist (not as). So if I fit my waist I get called a hoochie cause my chest is pronounced. If I get clothes to fit my chest I am told I look dowdy and unprofessional. It can be hard.

Plastic surgery is a decision each person must make for him/herself in the end. I have yet to meet anyone who has regretted a reduction. But know several who have regretted their augmentations.
EDITED_BY: Pele (1161527748)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

I know someone who was less than an A cup. She got small implants to help her feel feminine.

^that's what i was trying to get at with my friend, she doesn't want huge knockers, she just want's enough to make her feel normal. being 21 and having never worn a bra would not, i imagine, be a very nice feeling.
EDITED_BY: FoxInDocs (1161497346)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

FireTom, when a lady is well endowed, quite honestly, it is hard. People accuse you of having fake breasts. Men can't really tell you what your eye color is ...........

In fairness though- can you honestly say that men can tell women their eye colour even if they haven't got large or enhanced breasts?

A lot of us find the female assumption that eye colour is of such significance, that it should be noted, memorised and stated on demand, to be a little bizarre.

Not knowing someones eye colour isn't necessarily a sign of being distracted by their breasts, it could simply be that we don't care smile

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

Not knowing someones eye colour isn't necessarily a sign of being distracted by their breasts, it could simply be that we don't care smile

i agree, i usually take a few minutes to work out whats different if my girlfriend gets a hair cut or dyes her hair a slightly different shade. however i remember her opinion on capital punishment/societys values/religion and stuff that matters smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ummmm...you guys do realize that we use the whole "eye color" thing as a metaphor right?

Alot of times when we meet a guy, they don't look us in the eye first. They look at our breasts, then do that whole up-down thing, then back to the breasts. We actually appreciate being looked in the eye.

Ben, once you hit boyfriend status, the rules change..we just don't tell you that. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Page: