Forums > Social Discussion > www.ukhippy.com possibly the hardest place..........................

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
not to get banned from!!!! ubblol

i got banned from there for being a registerd member of another message board.

other people i know have been banned for speaking their mind and having their own oppinions eek

they are not hippies, they seem to ban anyone that speaks out against their ideals.

this is not on!!!! i dare anyone to register and see how long they last ubblol

ecomammanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Jo i had no idea! glad i joined here thats a fluke as we just are having a few problems ourself...ive been banned too! please check out the link
https://www.tribal-living.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=22059#post22059

i hope its cool i posted your link into our thread...come check out the forum anyway eh!

ecomammanewbie
2 posts

Posted:
ohh & i love poi & twirling flame by the way!!!
...im not the best at it altho i love it!

Firinnenewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, I'm another infiltrator from UK Hippy I'm afraid.

I hate joining a forum for the sake of a thread like this, but there are a few things that have been reposted to this forum that haven't been represented accurately, and it concerns me. I know a few people on the Poi scene and I wouldn't want my name repeated attached to lots of gossip. From the experiences I've had with HoP members so far (waves to Jo) I don't think I'll be shot down in flames for presenting another side to the debate, so I'm going to give it a shot.

I banned Ecomamma a few days ago, for good reason. She might not agree, but I've been a mod on UK Hippy since near the beginning and I've only ever banned three people (one on their request), which suggests otherwise. After she was banned, she involving herself in a discussion about another banned member and attacked the mods and admin because we were concerned by reports from young girls of his taking advantage of them and weren't prepared to reinstate his membership. Since then Ecomamma has been doing nothing but throwing around accusations, some of which are extremely personal and extremely childish (the mods are paedophiles, I neglect my child, I can't dance either and all my friends on Psy Forum hate me), trying to stir trouble for the mod team via other forums and threatening the mods with messages such as "I know where you live, I'll come to your house".

There's so much potential for things like this to escalate, and become destructive to everyone especially when accusations are flying around. Think how you'd feel reading those things posted about you, because you asked someone to apologise for insulting someone else. Then take into account that I've made no reply to those accusations until I was pointed to this thread, and realised they're going to be copied and pasted over the entire web unless I do say something. Not really the accusations of a spiteful control freak who loves a drama, eh? wink

The last thing I want to see is a revival of the stress we seen when this thread first started, and I don't think anyone here wants to see that either. The majority of the members that I've come across from this place have been smart, down to earth, creative and lovely people who are a pleasure to talk to. In the time since this thread started both forums have gained a sense of respect and friendship towards each other. Let's not lose that over the anger of one person.

Again, my apologies for coming over here and taking up your time with this. I really wouldn't have done so in any other situation, but I don't want to see this turned into a forum war or the accusations that have been made spread any further. It's really quite hurtful having lies about you pasted all over the internet for your friends to read.

If it's any consolation I'll be back to post something more on topic when I can work out how to get past hitting myself in the face with my tennis balls ubblol

Thanks for listening guys.
EDITED_BY: Firinne (1183668829)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"I'll be back to post something more on topic when I can work out how to get past hitting myself in the face with my tennis balls"

Have you tried spinning forwards nana

Firinnenewbie
23 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Have you tried spinning forwards nana

LOL! It's more on the figure of 8 that I catch myself, my arms tire and I'm a bit less graceful and next thing you know I'm impersonating a panda for 3 days and explaining to all the other parents in the playground that my partner doesn't beat me, I just like hitting myself with balls.

I daren't touch the shiny glow poi yet, I might lose an eye redface

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Thanks Firinne for presenting the other side of the story. You are welcome here.
We discussed previously whether this thread should be closed and decided that things seemed to have sorted themselves out so it was ok to leave it.

But, just a reminder to everyone reading this thread - here at HoP we'd like to encourage positive discussion rather than any bad-mouthing of anyone. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

OK?
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Firinnenewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Thanks George, that's deeply appreciated.

I'm looking forward to reading the forums when I've recovered from all the drama, you've got some really interesting discussions going here smile

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Good to see everyone getting along again... smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Good to see you posting again... smile

(Hope everything is good with you and yours Charles hug )

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*moots that the thread be renamed "UKHippy arbitration thread..."*

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

dikodnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I had a bit of a problem around UK intollerance involving a moderator called Starpoi who I think enjoys her authority in a way not consistent with the tolerance and humour you would otherwise associate with "Hippies". I found the culture of that site more like "travellers" than hippies. Cliquey, petty and more concerned with trivia than Culture and Consciousness.
Quote:
“I have to delete one of your posts in that thread because it is offensive and I am going to close that thread if you continue to be rude to people. Other people in the thread are just asking questions to understand why you have said what you have said so to respond like that is unacceptable. We do not tolerate offensive behaviour on this forum. Please could you refrain from making such posts in the future or you will be banned”.

Starpoi

Dear Starpoi, I was shocked by Zee’s suggestion in the Honey thread of Vegan and Vegetarianism that my expressed reasoning about eating honey and expressing thanks to bees could offer an argument to justify eating BigMacs. On researching Zee’s posts I couldn’t help noticing his hilarious and apparently serious remark about being very good at cunninglingus. Particularly as a pagan I could not resist making a comical reference to this. Given that Zee has clear comical references in both his title and title photograph I was genuinely interested to know whether he was serious or simply had a superb sense of humour so decided to explore and make a joke reference to the oral sexual needs of bees and cows. The hippie counter culture that meaningfully commenced at the time of early 1960s anti war movement, Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters epitomised the value base of tolerance and truth in absurdity (e.g.Monty Python etc). The controls and censorship typical of the post and pre-war period were fundamentally challenged and the state sponsored controlling mindset of the typical “Nurse Ratched” (“One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”) to be found in public institutions challenged for the first time. Your private message could have been spoken by Nurse Ratched herself and the conclusion, particularly given that this is a “Hippy” forum is chilling along with your view that you would again kill chickens if survival depended upon it. Are you suggesting that there is a sliding scale of importance among sentient creatures? If survival depended upon it would you eat Zees learning disabled charges because they are less intelligent than you?

Dikod

You have been kicked from this discussion. Please review our terms and conditions before posting again.
You have been banned from this site for the following reason:

You're obviously here to cause trouble and you're not welcome.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

aznarderstranger
7 posts

Posted:
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHfJ__oGxA

Anyone with an opinion who has tried expressing it at this forum will understand this video as they will be in exactly the same position in regard to being silenced as i am!

April 13th 2008-video was posted at UK HIPPY at 11pm on the 12th of april,was online at the site for half an hour and got about 20 hits and responses before being removed and that account the video was posted in banned on a parmanant basis!.

This was the message sent from the delightful UKHIPPY admid/moderstors.

You have been banned from this site for the following reason:

Thanks for giving us all a jolly good laugh! Anyway, I hope you're having fun in that little world of yours you bloody fruitloop biggrin Lots of love from Paul xxx

Date the ban will be lifted: Never (more)

Page: ...