Forums > Social Chat > Finally on our travels

Login/Join to Participate

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Finally me N Gem star have started our travels . We're in Hong Kong at the moment and what can I say it's a buetiful (sp?) place all high rise appartment blocks built on mountain sides with knarled old trees everywhere,we've been lucky enough to have friends who live out here who we're stayin with at the moment in Tai Wai in the new terretories.
our itinerary is:
Perth fligh in 17 march
Brisbane 6 april
Auckland 13 april
make our own way to Christchurch fly out on 4 may to Sydney.
Bangkok 18 may
make our own way to Singapore
Rome 29 Jun
then back to London 13 july

If any one wants to meet up with two very fluffy peps lets us know and if you live in or around any of the places we're goin to you could suggest places to vist and must see's/do's while we're around.
Anyway goin to the heritage museum today and gues what ???? It's Raining but thats ok cause it's only water right?

well big hugz and a warm hello to every one I know on the board

Lou: Keep bouncin' N we'll see ya soon Chuckles

Luv N big happy travelin' hugz to all

[ 05. March 2003, 22:11: Message edited by: Sypher ]

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
wow! ooooooo that's soo exctiting. Iwannago Iwannago. Hope you're having a great time.

Let us know how you two are getting on Cos I for one am very interested I'm also very jealous but that's only to be expected

I've been thinking of going to Hong Kong for a while but unlike you don't have any contacts out there - what's it like backpacker wise??

have a beautiful time and look after yourselves

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nice to hear you finally got off ok guys, good luck and have fun.

any one that lives where these guys are traveling, post, these are two of the most beautiful friendliest people i have had the honour to meet, i hope every one gets to meet them will see two wonderful people before their eyes.

safe travels guys.

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
thanks guys
HongKong is an amazing place to stay, we went to the ten thousand buddhas monastary yesterday which was lurvly, but I most enjoyed the walk up to it. One minute your walking along a busy main road and then you turn down a street in to a village which is packed in to valley. all these little huts built in around the forest it was like somthing out of a fair tale, it was a really magical place.

As for hostel there are 7 all together most in the new terrotories but there are two on Lantau Island which we are goin to stay at for a few days. the cost of living out here is cheap, take a room in the hostel for example for one night in a double room with aircon is $35 (hong kong dollars) which is 2.40 pounds (sorry there is no pound sign on this computer) the public transport is soooooo easy to get around on and it's fast.

any way off to HongKong Island for the day so I'll post more later

N

PK: hope everything is goin well for you at the mo how did things go in Scotland?

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey guy!

Good to see you still finding time to pop in

It all sounds amazing, say hi to Gem for me and buy her a vodka or sumfink

Check ya pm's too...

Happy travellin' & may your backpacks always be light

*still bouncin'*

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ooooooo that's so tempting. Glad to see you're having fun. And if PK says you're nice, you must be - so have two hugs on the house (one each)

Glad to see you're having fun and look forward to your next update

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Hi 2 all who read this.
well the past few days haave been busy but we've seen so much.
We went to Hong Kong Island yesterday and did all the tourist bit. we went to victoria peak for the views of hong kong, It was amazing, a sea of high rise buildings surrounded lush green jungle covered mountains.
We had a wander threw Hongkong park. A very beautiful place, water falls, lakes, Tai Chi Lawns and a walk through aviary. The whole place is covered in old twisted trees.
Today a good couple of hours looking around the jade market in Mong Kok, An Indoor mass of dealers and stalls, after alot of haggling and a hell of alot of trying to find real jade and not the fake stuff (of which there is lots) We managed to find a blue jade pendant carved with bamboo with a dragon on one side. There where some amazing pieces of art work in there.
It's been a day of markets today really it's been fun, The flower market was amazing the whole place filled with the smell of all the flowers.the Bird market was an interesting but slightly disturbing experiance.

Catch ya later
Hugs n nice things

answers on a post card

twirlywhirlyfiregirlie (nancy)member
78 posts

Posted:
im wishin u the best of luck you two hope u have loads of fun ill be thinkin of u

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Are we going to Hong Kong too FNF?

It's one of the places I kinda want to go to.

Bruce Lee was born there for one thing

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its all manic dude, glad your having fun out there.

has premenissions of cantus being jaki chan

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
how good is this
we've got to perth and we arrived on st Patricks day
we've found a realy nice hostel and are well settled in now. we're gona start off across australia after the weekend. So if you Know where I can meet up with any spinners in perth and if ther are any fier meets between now and monday let me know Pwease

Syph

answers on a post card

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Hello there!

I hope all is well on your travels.

Twas nice to meet you and Gem at PIP!

Much love and huggles from the pixie,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!