Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 18th Brizzle juggling convention! yeah baby.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
yes laydeez and gents, it's that time again!!

We all know and love it ubblove, the BrJCheeeese! ubbloco

here's the flyer:

clicky clicky

It rocks! see you there! ubbrollsmile

jammy hugs,

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
I can't believe it's already over

I saw so many people I hadn't seen in ages. and learnt so many tricks and played games and had a great week. I can't imagine anything I'd rather do.

Dammnit now I have to wait a whole year for the next one. I'm definitely adding this to my MUST ATTEND list of conventions where it joins the EJC. I keep meaning to go to the British as well but I never make it

I'l go to play next year as wll if I remember

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
all my photos from the weekend are here

3 pages of sunny hippy love

ubblove enjoy em hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Well, I really enjoyed the few hours we managed to attend this year. So glad we saw the fire on Wednesday night- the guys with the nunchucks were amazing, I definately want to have a go at that now.

It was nice to see people on Saturday. Apologies to anyone who was harrassed by my mentalist children redface

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Jo your photos rock! ubblove although there really are too many of me looking absolutely fooked! ubblol

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Maus, there are too many of you looking fabulous! biggrin
I cant believe that no matter how messy you get, you still look gorgeous! it's not fair! tongue hug glad you like em hun xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
thx bristolians....was a loverly bristolers jc.....and the show on wednesday: awesome dude!

rob and cj...wherever you are: thx for the fire nunchucks, i was really amazed by them as well...........the wonderful wiggling monkey and oli...thx for ymca.....garthy for his tent.....btw. garthy: i think i have left my blue ring in your tent, ....so in case you will ever find a blue ring in there....it's mine!

alice, connor, kev, gayle, sy, rory, matt and si and to everyone else i have forgotten, but talked to......etc. thx for the fun and the most delicious blue, green, purple, golden, red, pink......drinks from the cocktail bar.......the white one rocked most!

thx to anyone else....like indigo, who made me smile......and seb....who made me gobsmacked by his amazing juggling abilities...........hug to you all,

tina

ps: and another thx for richard and his tripple choc cake with ginger on top

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
gutted i missed it frown

sounds wicked though, hope you all had a good time!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Oh man was indeed the best week of the year!

I did so...little!!

Although i do declare myself queen of the jungle speed!

Thank you everyone for making it such a blissed 9 days of fun, games and such.

Also big love to all in the penultimate resort biggrin and our 3 course meal cooked on a small trangia. Was a great curry!

Oh yeah and boo too all those who kept sneaking in to or out of the convention without saying hello or goodbye!

hug2 kiss

Bring on next years with more banoffee pie!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
dudes!?

yet another week in my favourite place has ended...

ubbcrying

worth it tho, for this picture:

Non-Https Image Link

total bristol days: now up to 26 biggrin
that means at this rate, in 51 years I'll have spent a year of my life at bristol biggrin biggrin biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
That has to be a pic of Paul and Hazey. What a beautiful picture!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Rob - Awesome. Dude biggrin

Just back today...

Thanks so much everyone for a fantastic time... definitely one of the best conventions I've ever been too...

It was lovely to meet IckleMatt, FireNix, Jo and everyone else I've been hearing about - and great to see all the familiar faces too smile

Rob, Ros, Durbs, Strugz (until I blinked and missed you tongue), Si, Rory, Kev, Ed, Janine.... actually... it's going to take ages writing all these out, but for everyone I spent time with and had a lovely conversation... hug2

Thanks to you all for a beautiful week... and especially to the lovely Drew, for persuading me to come visit.

Take care, and see you next year, if not sooner smile

Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
its been an amazing week, i learnt allot and enjoyed myself the whole time. jugglers stole my heart an i want to go back to a feild now... or germany umm

well it was brilliant to see you all again and meet fresh faces ubblove ubblove ubblove

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Hello guys, do you know if anyone has videos of the shows. it wud be amazing to get hold of sum!!!!!

Love u ALL!

CJ

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
What a brilliant time! Sorry if anyone got woken by Edan screaming at 6am but when that boy wants his breakfast.....

Was lovely to see so many faces that I hardly see anymore, and meet lots of new people too. The show was amazing, sorry awesome duuuude wink kevs bar was genius and big props to Peachy for making the late nights at Bristol as entertaining as the days were, a definate improvement!!

I think all in all it was the best Bristol I've ever been to!! Especially late night backgammon and super duper thunder storms! biggrin

hugs to everyone I didn't get to say good bye to and more hugs to those who got them anyway hug

Written by: Firetramp

One little note (and not just from me): The big tent is supposed to be smokefree. It would be nice if people respected that, especially during the the Friday show. Near the end, I had to stand outside because it was getting too smoky and I'm not the only one with a small child!

Really?? I can't say I noticed that it was supposed to be smoke free (lots of ashtrays and didn't see any signs) and I had the little dude with me too, I'm also one of the guilty's who was smoking during the show, sorry! I didn't find it overpowering or anything though, you must have been in a terrible spot for it. I hope you didn't miss too much of the show!

Roll on next year....now to find out how I can license play for 9 days wink

See you all soon ubbrollsmile

p.s. Love the pics Jo!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
just browsed through your fotos Jo, ah man, what an awesome convention yet again! biggrin loved the shots across the field, beeewtifull!!

shouts out to Tom and Peachy for the badass music in the workshop tent all night through! cool you guys rock!!
Kev: you're a leg end darlin! kiss
Gayle: our disco jam on sat night was one of the highlights of the festie for me!! You absolutely rule the dance floor babe!! teach me moooorrrreee!!! bounce hug (BTW did you get your cardie back?)
Kelly: nice ass shakin and aerobic dance moves wink
JAM: I miss you guys! sniff sniff.... but lets get planning for next year eh? hug2
Alice: eeeep! sorry for scrounging, breaking things, making a mess and running away!!! I'll make it up to you with some home-baked scones and jam! smile
Dave: teehee! wink kiss

and love and jam to all the rest a yas too biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Lozjam x

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Laura, got my cardie back. Shame about turning the lights on in the workshop tent angry We were throughly kicking ass. It was great! biggrin

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Laura you knows it baby! Now work those abs! wink ubblol hug

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Wow! What a fantastically, beautifuly, wonderful week. Bristol continues to be a highlight of the year.

Highs: The weather, the workshop tent, Kev's cocktail bar, Steve and his hoola-hoops, the show, Friday night, the fire show

Lows: Crane flies, angry naked guy, no table football, not enough juggling (by me), non-attendees

Hello to everyone I meet wave
Sorry but I don't know how to match faces with HOP handles, but I'm sure I spoke to loads of you lovely people.

If anyone has videos of the convention (especially the fire show (especially the finale)) it would be great if you could post it.

A special well done to all of those who stayed longer than they intended (ie. Clare - nice one smile )

I must have spoken to a bunch of you about Performers Without Borders and handed out flyers. If you didn't get one the images are available here

If anyone is interested to see how PWB is progressing then check out my blog

Big hugs to all I missed saying goodbye to hug

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
was truullie awsome...

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
whoop! yeah, even though i was there for but a day and a half, it is tres good convention!

ooh and hurrah for the mystery bottle of alcoholic doom and getting gelfling drunkered, because that's always very funny ubblol

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ickleMatt

Lows: Crane flies, angry naked guy, no table football, not enough juggling (by me), non-attendees

ubblol the crane flies!! They were commiting mass suicide in our tea lights! i think on one night, with 6 tea lights about 30 crane flies jumped into the candles!!

And laura - homemade scones ey? biggrin don't worry about it - I know you had more interesting stuff to run off and do wink

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
was truelli peachy, 'KevDev!' bar-tastically awesome

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

was truelli peachy

hohoho... ubblol

https://www.trueleepeachi.com/index.htm
wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Angry naked guy? eek

That sounds awesome! biggrin

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah - so was the getting pinned up by the throat backstage during the show between my compeering and coat hanger rountine.
Oh how we all laughed at the Psychotic japes.
Still what it did show was how eveyone just helped
BJC - a convention of friends
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well FireNix, I have seen you compere, so you probably deserved it! wink hug

(this is totally a joke and not meant to be nasty)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Actually now you mention it.....It all falls into place
(smacks himself squarely in the forehead!!)
Ha Ha Ha

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: ...