pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hey all,
im about to start a project where i will be teach kids circus skills, it will be 2 hour session once a week in a local arts centre. after a few weeks we will be looking to put together a show for there parents and community ect..

myself and other volunteers have or will be crb checked. but what else do i need to consider. i think we will almost sertanly be getting funding from the arts council. but what insurance do i need ect as well if any one has done something like this before it would be useful if you could share what was good/bad/ugly ect..

thanks a lot
biggrin

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine actually used to own the Discovery House of New Brunswick, New Jersey, our local children's museum. He said the experience was completely awesome. He used to tell me great stories. However, that was in the US, so I'm not sure what laws apply. If you're really interested, though, I can see if I can hook you two up to talk.

//*sighing* *remembering chrimmas parties at the House*

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Pitman that sounds an amazing project. Unfortunately I haven't got anything helpful to say about insurance or previous experiences, but I really hope it comes together well - good luck and let us know how it goes smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pitman get in touch with Circus Eruption in swansea. They will be able to give you lots of advice on all of this as they have been doing it for years.

THIS is a web page for them.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone and yeah if you could hook me up with anyone who may be able to help

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!