Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Ok, the search didn't show anything that looked like this. The other day, a good friend and I were having a session in town, and came up with the idea that we should attach our poi to our staff, a single loop attachment with the poi looped through around the staff. Doing it with doubles proved to be incredibly interesting and incredibly difficult, but the burn was brilliant. Whooooooo, new toy juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Don't quite get it from the description... Any kind of Video, Photo or even diagram scribbled of a napkin???

Sounds pretty cool though (If it's what I think it is lol)

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Hehe A mate and I were doing this a couple of weeks ago, we decided that the best way to describe what we were doing was Poiffling

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Soundls like the amount of tricks possible with this apparatus would be quite limited, since the swinging of the poi would create an unsteady weight distribution. Have you experimented with contact or throws, or have you been limited to spinning tricks? Do you think completely new possibilities are available?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
I have tried a few throws and discovered that when I throw it a certain way, the poi spins out horizontally which looks really cool when lit up. Also done a few shoulder wraps with it that when done properly the poi doesn't tangle around my arm.

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Point_Blank

Ok, the search didn't show anything that looked like this. The other day, a good friend and I were having a session in town, and came up with the idea that we should attach our poi to our staff, a single loop attachment with the poi looped through around the staff. Doing it with doubles proved to be incredibly interesting and incredibly difficult, but the burn was brilliant. Whooooooo, new toy juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

Saw this done on Clapham Common 'bout a year back..... You might as well spin a staff with four wicks...

But it does look nifty! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."