blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys

2006-May Spin

27/28/29 May 2006 @the level from about 14:00 each day

2007- Easter weekend spin.CANCELLED!

7/8/9 April 2007 @ the west pier on Brighton Beach from about 16:00/17:00 each day. Watch this space, a date in the warmer months is being discussed.

4/5 August- Brighton Gay Pride

As we do every year we all mostly go in fancy dress and normally set up a little base in Preston park where we also have a bit of a spin, right in the middle of teh festivities. Unlike last year the poi stall will be back again this year, so we will more likely be near there. Any out-of-towners comming and need a place to crash please let me know beforehand. The Fair in the park is on from 12-8pm on the saturday and there is also an over-night free party on the beach which people may be interested in , but most don't know about wink

https://www.brightonpride.org/

I'll update with more info closer to the time.

Hope to see loads of you there!

x

The plan is to spin in the usual place on the beach by the west pier (the old burnt-down one)each afternoon from about 4/5. If the weather/wind doesn't hold out we will go back to the level, if it rains,I'm not even going to leave my house.

We have crashing space for out-of-towners, but you need to let me know if you are comming beforehand please.

I can also provide directions for all those who require it.

Bring snacks/drinks/toys/fun.

Hope to see quite a few of you there.

X

ubbrollsmile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Bonus! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ok, no final plans yet but I'm thinking of arranging the first Brighton spin of the year for easter weekend (7/8/9 April 2007).

Spinning each day on Brighton beach by the west pier (the old burnt down one) from about 4/5 in the evening. If the wind is too cold/strong, we can always move back to the level.

All are welcome. Out-of towners requiring crashing space need to let me know in advance please.

All those requiring directions, let me know and I can help you out. ie: walk towards the sea, once you get there look to your right, you should be able to the west pier. Thats the spot ubblol

Also those of you who have frequented the halls of casa del Blu might be interested to know that we have moved, so there is more crashing space and different scenery. biggrin

Come on all you lovelly lovelly people, come and play.

The first post will be updated shortly.

biggrin

hug

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I am going to check my datyes. But Im going to try and come down to this! biggrin biggrin biggrin Had an awesome time last time andt hope to repeat soon!! biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Yay!!! Come play Dougie, come play!! biggrin hug

965 posts

Posted:
Right..Am a definite to come! Will see you there!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

baby_LeeSILVER Member
RUBBISH!!
1,443 posts

Posted:
We now have that park over the road from us so no need to walk all the way to the level, plus it was a bit rubbish there.

Also I don't think we should do it so early on in the year. We done it round the same time last year and it was still windy and cold. It will be better to do it on a later date when we know the weather will be better biggrin Then we can go to the beach all day and have the added bonus of going swimming and maybe a few hours on the pier to go on rides and do silly things. Then at night we can make a fire and spin on the beach biggrin It will be awesome!

Colourful but not very bright.

Blu_valley: oh, and thats the only place where you get the ability to multiple-orgasm Baby Lee...the only place in the universe.

965 posts

Posted:
Sounds good! But.....dates...or relative month? I got a busy schedule wink and need to plan stuff biggrin biggrin Anyway I will come and visit you soon! biggrin biggrin biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
We can do another one later in the year. Last year the weather had been nice it was just a fluke weekend. I don't deny that it will not exactly be summer sun, but it's a nice long weekend to play in. I'm very keen to learn a couple new things.Plus there are loads of other things going on over the summer.

We can't really spin fire in saint Annes well gardens as thats where they have that thing for the blind. The last I heard, the fire performers had an arrangement that they were allowed to spin fire, but only on the level? Dunno? But I suppose we could give it a go but I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly people appeared from the bushes and hosed us down (Happened before in Greenwhich ubblol)

That gives us one big event/festy a month from April-September. I cant really try and pack too much into the summer months because my mom is going to come for a visit at some point.

965 posts

Posted:
Yay! Lois' Mum can come along aswell! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin Well sounds good whatever! See ya Soon!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ok, just spoke to Baby Lee and it looks like the easter weekend is a no-go for spinning, we'll move it to a warmer time, the date is currently under discussion, any suggestions? Watch this space.

hug

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Anyone coming to Brighton Pride this year? We cant seem to settle on a date for teh spin yet, but I thought I would just remind everyone about Pride. Hope to have lots of you peeps down again this year as last year was ace.

First post will be undated with this info shortly.

x

https://www.brightonpride.org/

965 posts

Posted:
I cant make this.....Im in France! I gotta see you soon Lois!!! hug ubblove hug

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
im gonna come to pride.... i hope, me and a firend were hoping to come down for my birthday, make a few days of it

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
Hello Brighton! Where are you all hiding and spinning these days? All info on meetups here seems to be dated 2007 smile

I've just moved here, and need spinny goodness!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
well chaz will be moving there in september and he's pretty handy, but not on here much.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Page: