Page: ...
inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Scottish Invasion 2006,

18th - 20th August, Inverness

Sorry guys I deleted this thread in a fit of madness, but ti is still all go, PLEASE let us know if you wanna come so we can get the site booked asap.

EDITED_BY: Sunbird (1158249201)

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
yeeah mr bluecat you should stay till sunday!! we meet at bellfield very pretty little park, complete with bandstand..

ive been eyeing up a fair few staffs, including practise staffs strangely enough, but ive also been asking nitty gritty questions about wick heads for staff on ebay that cost not very much and might sort out my shoddy quickfix jolanta....

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Everyone up for tommorow night then?

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi there. i'm new to inverness and looking for people to spin with and maybe an idea of where i can go to practice? i'm up in inverness tues-thurs for college and don't really know anyone or have my bearings yet. def don't know anyone that spins =[
if anyone is up for a mid week spin then give me a buzz! =]

do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Cool!! Howdy!! I'll be up for it maybe weds this week? We usually meet on Sundays at Bellfield park (down the hill and along the river a bit from the castle - or opposite Eden Court), but I won't be able to go this Sunday cause I think I'm heading to Glasgow, so midweek sounds cool! I'll get in touch with Clavey, see if I can't persuade her to come join.... hug hug hug hug

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi =]
wed sounds good to me! i can't meet on sundays... i'm in aberdeen at the weekends for work =[... i know where the castle is (yay me!) and i think i know where bellfield park is...if its near ness islands??? anyhoo just let me know where and when and i'll find my way!

do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.

926 posts

Posted:
hey hey! yeah im up for it tomorrow..(today..) i have a meeting at 7 in inverness but free from 3 till then or after chelle hun i wont be online during the day if you do decide to go, or thursday im working till.....6. either way its cool...

if its easier we could meet at the castle..? bellfield is near ness islands past war memorial on the left side of the road.. smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Oki-doki. Rach, I'm going to meet Clavey at Barbazza's (is that how you spell it?) at 6 on Thursday, you fancy coming for a spin after? We could meet you at the castle around 6.30ish? I'll PM you my number if you fancy, to make it a little easier? hug

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys, I changed this one now into the "Inverness Fire Nght Thread" hehehe Oh, there's a gorgeous new photo of Tink in my Gallery, go take a peek!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
That's a wicked photo dude, did you take it on a phone or is it photo-chopped (tee hee!)? hug

Ooh, and I'm heading to Glasgow this weekend guys, so I won't be able to come for no spinny fun.... frown

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
What you studying?
I am in Uni too and cant make weekdays for at least another 4 weeks. Look forward to meeting more spinners.

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
im studyin environmental and heritage studies at the college. either tues or wed nights are good for me in inverness...im back in aberdeen the rest of the week for work... which sucks! whenever you are free gimmie a buzz, i'm always up for a spin =]
i meet up with a group of spinners in aberdeen on a thurs night [we all met through myspace] so maybe one week i could persuade them to take a wee trip up too!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hey Chelly, it's a Cam phone shot, not manipulation at all biggrin just her natural gorgeousness biggrin (I'm a lucky dude!)

926 posts

Posted:
rach thatd be cool we should arrange something...

tams dreads look sooooo much better than mine, hers are funky chunky beasts!!!

Owned by Brenn smile

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Too wet to come and play tonight sorry guys!

926 posts

Posted:
yeah its ok was still a bit too wrecked to come spin anyways...!!

Owned by Brenn smile

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
So here I am thinking about buying some fire poi, Im not hitting myself so much these days so I figured I had better start researching them, what do you guys recommend, apart from bringing a lighter?

926 posts

Posted:
id say paraffin is a good idea, cheap and unpoisonous... wee darryl is the one to ask about fire poi, if you want heavy long burning ones go for monkey fist heads, but normal heads work just as well...

ive been meaning to suggest, how do folk feel about changing the day of the meet? because a few of us have problems with buses on sundays cos they dont run as late, and rach hasnt got a spin with us yet and shes never up at weekends... and im more likely to be off in the evenings during the week... what do people think??

Owned by Brenn smile

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Sounds good! During the week is a little bit better for me now anyway! hug

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
=] thats so nice - i'm up for weekday spins!... in aberdeen next week coz it's october holidays =] but i'll no doubt be free the tues & wed the week after!

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Im home for the next week, anything happening?
Can someone remind me the name of the fire spinning group that is quite popular in edinburgh, a friend of mine is interested in checking them out. I also want to know what are the rules and regulations in fire arts in the UK (especially in public places) any links would be greatfully recieved.
Ta.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
TePooka is their name
www.tepooka.org methinks.

ubbrollsmile

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
hey tribalray, the way i understand it is you need to get permission from the police and fire chief guys for public displays. i thought you may need a street performers license or something coz u need one to busk and trade in the street but i emailed a guy at aberdeen council and he said thats not the case, there isn't any license that would cover fire performace. we would need permission and it was unlikely due to involving fire =[
but you should get in contact with a license person on ur own council or the police and they can point you in the right direction.
i've done a couple street burns for a nightclub in aberdeen with some jugglers, we got away with it the first couple times then the last time the police came along and stopped us after about an hour. they had been watching us on cctv =[ they asked for our license numbers hence why i contacted the council....kinda shows that no-one really knows the rules and regulations but if you are in agreement with the police then you at least won't get stopped.
hope that helps!

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that guys, sounds like it is a bit of 'depending on who you know' kinda marlarky then.
Anyone spinning tonight? Weather report looking good so far. Anyone planning on doing anything special for halloween and bonefire night?

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Hi all! Tink says Hi! she misses you all!

926 posts

Posted:
hugtackle for tink!!!!

halloween is two days after my birthday and bonfire night i think a few people are up for a spin and im def up for it as long as im not working but ive asked for soooo many days off already i feel bad about asking for more....

im doing a wee show in nairn on wed for some kids in the drop off centre....arrrgh!! oh hey chelle text me or something if you're free cos the more the merrier!!

and if anyone else is up for a wee sesh in nairn let me know, pm me and ill check on wed afternoon, dont have a computer at home but i have ways of getting online!!

Owned by Brenn smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Yes me say harrow! and goodbye! lol biggrin

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi
i'm back in inverness next week if anyone fancies meeting up tues or wed night?
i'm up for a halloween spin too =]
Rach x

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
Hello!! I'm just about back in the land of the living now......I quite fancy a spin sometime this week, give us a shout and I'll see what can be done.... hug

RachdymagateGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
weather has been a bit rubbish this week =[
hopefully it'll be a bit nicer on halloween!
*fingers crossed*
have you guys heard about the fire festival in Aboyne at the weekend? check out spiritofthemoment.net for details! =]

tribalraySILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
I just checked out this site, 2 days too late!
sounds fantastic, did anyone go?
perhaps we should all try and go together to the next one, sounds like a great night.

Page: ...