Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
==============================

TICKETS UPDATE 11th April 2006

==============================

TICKETS ARE NOW ONSALE!! bounce You can follow this link to the online Shop to make your purchase. If you buy a ticket with the forthcoming DVD you will get a £3 discount. Please note that the price of £25 will only be valid until the 13th June

Finally, we have a venue for play biggrin

Thanks for being so patient, the location for PLAY is now confirmed as being at Fordhall Farm, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 3PS

The gates will be open from 10am Thursday 22nd June until 6pm Monday 26th June (yes that's FIVE days biggrin ) and will cost the princely sum of £25 in advance and £30 from two weeks prior to the festival. The tickets will be on sale from Sunday 2nd April right up until the event. The ticket price covers all facilities and events once onsite (bar, food & drink etc excluded of course) all workshops, the show(s), the childrens creche area etc etc etc

A beautiful organic farm set in the countryside (although 5 minutes from the town of Market Drayton) that will make for the most wonderful setting for this years (and hopefully many more) PLAY Festival.

(Please visit the Fordhall Farm website, they need to raise £600,000 by July 2006 to stop this beautiful fertile place from becoming yet another industrial development, if you can help their cause please do so hug )

It has great links to the M6 motorway via the A53 and for non car users we will post all info about the local transport situation asap. There isn't a train station that's particularly close but we will be laying on a PLAY Bus to make collections to/from the station as often as possible to help everyone out. There may be a very small charge for this (ie a quid or two) to cover the cost of the driver etc.

I will keep this post updated and of course keep your eyes on the PLAY Website and forum for the most up to date information.

If you could keep your questions in the PLAY Forum we'd much appreciate it as it will help us keep some control and ensure we answer as many as possible. It'll save Malcolms badwidth a little too.....

Hope to see you all there!

bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Yup.... clapfor the porta loos, only on one occasion did the smell and that was sorted out within a couple of hours, which is dang good for a 5 day festival if you ask me. smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
The Portaloos were amazing considering they were portaloo's!

The only negative part of Play for me (except it ending, and having to go home) was the food, I know it wasn't your fault & it was a last minute thing (kudos for getting someone in so late). Just thought i'd mention it.
Ideally something like last year (not necessarily the same people) would have been ace.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Food...all in the bad. You'll love it next year beleive me biggrin I hope you liked the meat from the farm too for those who ate it smile

We're glad the portaloos weren't to hateful. It was really important to us, we'd set a reasonably large budget for the loos to have nice demountable buildings brought onsite but because we can't drain we'd have to have them emptied 1-2 times a day which is a huge cost for us ontop of the cost of the loos. So we decided to use the entire budget and get the most and best portaloos we could find.
I was really happy with them and the service was great. The frist emptying was sooner than we expected but they were there within an hour or two to sort it out for us.

Skully that's ace feedback, thank you so much. More threads like that (especially on the website or by email to reviews@playfestival.co.uk or by using the contact us section of the website would be marvelous biggrin hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Thou I personally think that Gayles workshop had the most wonderful cheesy pop music. I still remember the moves whenever I hear the nelly furtado song... biggrin

biggrin

Written by: jo_rhymes

ubblol i think i love you meg!!

ditto

Gayle.....!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I also thought the loo's were ace smile
Only once did I discover no toilet paper, but that was fine as I had emergancy baby wipes in my pocket biggrin
What exactly does a compost loo entail? I heard horror storys from my dad of just a big pit in the ground and a plank to rest on...
I don't know about anybody else but I found it really hard to go if I'm in a public place!

The only downside to them being towards the end of the 5 days, when everything started to build up....and the flappy down bits in the bottom got stuck down because of all the poo ubblol

I didn't find not washing that atrocious either. It wasn't too hot, so I didn't wake up in a sauna like tent all sweaty and minging, and a quick baby wipe wash was enough to keep me feeling fresh-ish smile

I didn;t find the layout too bad. The food was right by the big top which was lovely, and the stalls were just a skip away. As for the noise the only time I found it too loud was when the death metal where on and despite Ed's cries of "Listen to it properly! They're great!" I could couldn't enjoy it.. shrug But thats down to personal taste and if other people enjoyed it then its fine by me.

I can't comment on the noise levels at the stalls...besides the cheesy dance workshop the only time I was using that area I was um....*ahem* in another state of mind so much so that I didn't notice the noise shrug

All in all i thought it was a fantastic festival and 10x better than last year, and if it were conducted next year the same as it were this year I would have no quams biggrin

There were too many good bits to be focusing on the bads bits...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

There were too many good bits to be focusing on the bads bits...

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
the loos where the best i'd seen at an event, mainly because ther where no coke heads/mash heads useing loo roll then throwing it on the florr instead of in the pan ubblol

BELIEVE me................... try going to the loo at a squat party and you'll know how grim they getubblol

with you all on the wash screens but being "combat collin" baby wipes did it for me wink( had a HUGE pack of them.

i cant believe after gayles workshop telling people to find their own rythem no matter what tune was playing people still cant grasp the main point of the lesson............
-------- what ever the pace of a tune find your own rythem-----

well thats what i picked up from it anyway tongue

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
luckily hoppers tend not to be coke heads of mash heads. smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I didn't really have any problems with either the music that was played or the levels it was at. I wasn't over keen on the stage set up or the speaker set up, but that has all been covered.

The toilets were incredabily clean, I have seen protaloo's at one day events in much, much worse states than that wink I think the trough idea by at least one of the taps would be a good idea.
I agree with Skully (and others) that a seperate area away from the main tent for quieter spinning/chatting/chilling after the shows would be a good idea as well. I appretiate that power is an issue. But for the light you can get either solar powered garden lights that stick in the ground or some oil/gas burning heater lamp's to dot around outside away from the main tent.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I though the porta-urinal at Workhouse was a good idea. Beer increasing the number of times one needs to pee, whilst reducing one's ability to aim straight.

Any chance of getting a couple of barrels of the stuff they were serving at BJC, or is there still a mountain of Whitbread + Labatts?

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

luckily hoppers tend not to be coke heads of mash heads. smile

I'm not entirely sure how true that is wink

I think everyone was just being well behaved as they were there to spin / juggle / play and not to party hard.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think the prospect of being on a comedown in that heat could have put a few people off wink

I know a few people who got pretty mashed on the herbal highs, although it was pretty late by then, so not many people would have noticed.

I like to party so hard that sometimes people come up to me and ask me where I get my drugs from. They don't seem to believe me when I say I'm not on anything biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I get that ALOT Polarity. Especially in clubs. People ALWAYS without fail would as me what I was on or ask me to sell them something. And be shocked that I wasn't on anything except good music...

I've sorta of calmed down a bit in recent years from from the whirlwind dancefloor safety hazrad I used to be, instead toning it down and being more of a freaky thai chi/bodypopping hybrid (nowhere near as proficient as Mr Ed but it's what I do so gonna kept on doing it)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Spike18journeyman
69 posts

Posted:
just thought i would say again the metal band and the scar band were amazing.

I know its not to everyones taste but they were awsome deffently need more of them next year (though to be far there was a good mix of music and i could ignore or at least tolerate most of the music being played that i didnt like as it was only fair)

as ive said before it was an awsome festival one of the best ive ever been too and one of the friendliest (sp)

hugs
SPike

Don't Drink and Drive
Smoke and Fly

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Spike18

scar band

not to be pedantic but ska ubbidea

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

i cant believe after gayles workshop telling people to find their own rythem no matter what tune was playing people still cant grasp the main point of the lesson............

-------- what ever the pace of a tune find your own rythem-----

well thats what i picked up from it anyway tongue

confused Do you mean Drew's workshop (musicality and dancing like a twat!)?

Gayle.....!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gayle......!

confused Do you mean Drew's workshop (musicality and dancing like a twat!)?

Damn! Was that the title of his workshop? It sounds immense!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I think it was just musicality but it involved huge amounts of dancing like a twat. I enjoyed it immensly!

Gayle.....!

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Check My Gallery for Play photos!!! more goin up tomorrow when i have time

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed drew's dance workshop lots, I was eating a blueberry turnover, which made it even better! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
And you gave me my very own private turnover dance....you rock! ubblove

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I've just read this in Blu_vally's MySpace blog nad I thought it was so nice I thought I'd post it here. Hope you don't mind babe!

Written by: Blu

I had such a good weekend. It takes little get-to-get-hers like this to remind me why I started spinning in the first place. Ive met so many good people through spinning. I got to meet a lot more people that I had only heard about before, or spoken to online. I met up again with quite a few of my favourite people again, who I just dont get to see often enough because we all live so far apart. I made some more friends too. It is such a big part of my life and one of my favourite things to do. I am quite willing and prepared to live my life festy to festy. And Im not talking about these big music festivals. censored that. Im on about the intimacy and beauty of these small gatherings. A bunch of smelly hippies playing in a field. I really cant wait until the next one. I reccomend it to anyone

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1152276916)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

I think it was just musicality but it involved huge amounts of dancing like a twat. I enjoyed it immensly!

Dancing like a twat makes me want to learn more poi and make a cheesy dance routine with you gayle. biggrin A cheesier than 6 month old wensledale cheddar stored in never washed ten year old socks sort of cheesy routine... biggrin weavesmiley ubbloco ubblove ubbidea

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:

Dancing like a twat makes me want to learn more poi and make a cheesy dance routine with you gayle. biggrin A cheesier than 6 month old wensledale cheddar stored in never washed ten year old socks sort of cheesy routine... biggrin weavesmiley ubbloco ubblove ubbidea

Sounds wicked. Let's do it! biggrin

Gayle.....!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Sounds wicked. Let's do it! biggrin

She's a maneater, make you work hard
Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love

!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

do it - can you sing too!

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I'm sure we could mime pretty well!

Gayle.....!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh sweet can we do it as drag queens like in priscilla queen of the desert... oh no wait...

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol I would pay good money to see that Meg! hug

V.v.v.v gutted to have missed your w/shop Gayle.... but pleased I got to practice it with you in your garden... damm the rain! i was getting well into it.

All I remember is the tit-hand movement thingy in the Man Eater song....

More next year please......with the renegade idea biggrin

[oh and edit]

Was chatting to Si about Play after we got back, and do you know what his favourite workshop was.. Can you guess???

..... CHEESY WIGGLING WITH GAYLE.

clap ubblol clap
EDITED_BY: Helz Bellz (1152278963)

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Helz Bellz

All I remember is the tit-hand movement

confused ubblol