whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
hey guys! i was wondering if anyone was going to the blues fest and wanted to twirl, spin or any of those things you may want to do? just a thought, if anyones going post on this thread and we may be able to organise something, i'm going to be there on the sat, sun and mon.
so hope to hear from you
:P

the lord works in mysterious ways

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I would LOVE to go to this festival....but argh, it's so far away from where I am. Have fun though!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
have you been there before?

I have been there a few times and in general it is a very loud, crowded, boozy space with no street/community vibe. Not like a Woodford or Bellingen festival. And I suspect that security could have an opinion about using fire there....it may be worth checking with the organisers unless you have done it before/ know it is cool there.

They get great acts but I wouldn't bother going again unless they move to a more appropriate space...

It is possible to leave the site though, cross some bush and access the beach not too far from there, which gives a break from the sound spill and crowds...and maybe nice for spinning... seems odd that the best thing about a Festival is that you can get away from it though confused

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm

To go or not to go....

Last time I went I woke up in the morning to that some assholes had kicked in the back of my car...

I don't think this festival is as good as it used to be....

then again it is bryon bay and it is a festival..... ohh the choices

whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
oh no, it's the first time i've been there and now i'm starting to wonder if i want to go... frown
but thanks newgabe, for reminding me of some of the practiacl issues that i didn't think of.
oh well another time, another place.
basil

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
If you wanna meet up for a spin I'm going for 3days, I'd say we'll head down the beach for a spin......stay at the northern upstairs so yea let me know.

Doc smile

whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
yeah, sorry i can't go anymore, my boss decided that he wasn't going to give me the time off he said i'd get months ago. damn it.

but if anyones after a 3 day ticket from sat to mon (they're very sold out) definately contact me. whosbasil@hotmail.com

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey all.

im goin for the full 5 days, and staying a day or two either side, would love to meet someone up for a twirl.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

whosbasilnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
and if anyone wants my ticket go to:
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Blues-Fest-3-day-...1QQcmdZViewItem
initial price is only $175
anyway,
wish i could come pete but alas it was not to be, maybe one of these lovely people will join you
basil

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Yea Pete, if ya gunna be up this way and wanna hook up for a twirl let me know dude......I'll be in Byron Fri - Mon

Doc smile

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
So did anyone end up going to the Blues and roots........how did you all fair??? What was the highlight???? Seeing the Cat Empire TWICE was GREAT clap and I also had a little boogie at Blue King Brown they rock wow anyhow hope any of you that went enjoyed yourselves as much as I did

Doc smile

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey docta, sorry i missed your post otherwise i wouldve pm'ed you my number.

was on the barrier for the cat empire, theyve really gone downhill since i last saw them 2 years ago, they dont put in as much as they used to.

i was on the barrier from midday til midnight on monday, it was worth it. franti and friends blew me away, and i hugged mike.

doba caracol, blue king brown, kieren murphy and rodrigo y gabriella were some great surprises.

were you there for the spontaneous drumming thing at the end of monday night?

wouldnt recomend the dagwood dogs.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hey guys... I was really hoping to get there this year, but couldn't get away

although... thanks for the heads up, gabe... because I've not heard that about bluesfest before... thought it was all a bit more laid back than that

I *LOVE* blue king brown... saw them a few years back as a support for JBT. that natalie can sure play/sing... they have a percussion group too, skin, which I've not yet heard... did they play?

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
blue king brown played a great set, they even had michael franti and harry (the guy with the trumpet from the cat empire) come out.

cheers, pete hug

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
I think they might have done a skin song....just one I think, the first piece they played. They were one of the highlights for me.

Wasn't brave enough to enter towards the barrier........I just enjoyed from afar. It was sensational, my 1st one, but definately not my last.

Doc smile