Page:
tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I watched a program on the tv last night about the long term effects of cannabis. it told the viewers about a mental disease caused by the paranoia built up after smoking weed to much for too long. This program was clearly biased towards putting people off smoking as can be expected on national television.
It claimed that the paranoia that cannabis can give some people can turn into a permanent problem and lead to a mental state called cannabis psychosis (very much like schitzophrenia) The program said that this usually happened to people who had been smoking regularly since their early teens. it also said that some of the stuff we (myself included) are smoking now is up to 30 times stronger that the ganga from the 1960's. this got me a little worried but i found that there were many loopholes in this program and that they were saying that this psychosis could affect many many people. i just wanted to know other people's opinions on this and cannabis in general.Does this information worry you?

I did not set up this thread to promote caning it or tell you all to 'just say no' i am just curious to find out other people's opinions from outside my local area. where i live people smoke more weed than cigarettes it seems and most of them are too stoned to think rationally about whether they are harming their heads...but none of them are suffering from mental illnesses just slurred speech and lethargy!. is this really a threat to probably one of the most popular pastimes in england (and abroad)?

Tennis

whispering is not a loud.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Cannabis physcosis is very real and happens to stoners.. I know of at least 4 close friends that had had to take it easy on pot.. I've had the same - but it was agrivated by other things. I knocked the other things on the head and I'm ok now.. but it is real.. smoke too much and you a) loose the get up and go b) go mad.. oh and I would say that cannabis is addictive - mentally addictive not physically..

So if you've not tried it don't.. if you smoke too much - chillout.. there is more to life than reefer..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

psychoactivated neural rustmember
33 posts

Posted:
unfortunately misstix is right. it does exist. however, my experiences of it suggest that it's something that only affects those who smoke too much.

the only problem here is finding out what is too much. i'm sure i'll get nobody here disagreeing with me when i say everyone on the planet is different due to their genetic and social situations.

some people, by no fault of their own or of others, are just physically and psychologically unequipped to deal with certain specific chemical imbalances in their bodies. although in general cannabis may be one of the safest recreational drugs available, everyone has a limit on how much of its many active chemicals their body can take at once.

it's the same with any drug, regardless of legal status. for this reason alone there will always be people who take too much without meaning to - after all, if you see a good friend taking a certain amount of any drug and apparently proving (by not freaking out or dying etc) it's perfectly safe to take that much, i'm sure most people would be happy to take the same amount. but just because the dose was safe for one person doesn't mean it's safe for everyone.

i'm perfectly aware of the dangers inherent in the drugs i choose to take - and there most certainly are dangers, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. just be careful you don't take whatever for you is too much.

happy smoking

No left turn unstoned!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i personally thought that programme was superb.

i know 9 people that have given up on weed after smoking it happily for at least 5 or 6 years. none of them showed the full symptoms of cannabis psychosis but i have seen someone diagnosed with schitzophrenia attributed to heavy use of weed. the others all developed a recurring feeling of illness or paranoia when they'd had a smoke.

what the program made me realise is that we can't really just ignore it if prolonged use causes us problems. i personally have been smoking heavily since the age of 17 and have not, as yet had any serious ill effects. if i did however, i would cut down (which i have done before over fears of impending apathy ) or if i experienced serious mental difficulties, stop althogether.

i smoke every night of the week and all through the weekends. maybe it is time to start taking a day or two off in the week - after all, no substance in the world is safe when used to excess.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
One of the things about all recreational drugs is that it is very much a matter of degree. These programs would have you believe that every time you smoke pot, you are at risk for developing psychosis. The programs don't say that explicitly, but they also fail to make the point that moderate use of cannabis (1 time/week or less) presents almost no risk at all of developing psychosis. There are other risks (head, neck, and lung cancers, for example), but the psychosis would almost certainly never happen in such a user.

The fact of the matter is that development of cannabis psychosis requires prolonged, heavy use of cannabis.

I see two issues. The first is this misconception that cannabis is harmless and that smoking out every single day is just fine.

The second issue is the fact that people seem to think that if you have five beers a day, you aren't abusing alcohol.

I see a double-standard here. The problem is that in ALL drugs, whether it is alcohol, cannabis, or heroin, the main risks (ASSuming you aren't injecting anything and assuming your drugs are pure) come from abuse/overuse.

With some drugs, like heroin and cigarettes, it is nearly impossible to use these highly addictive drugs in moderation. With other drugs, like cannabis and alcohol, some people may be able to use them in moderation. It depends on the individual.

In any case, if you find that you can't get through a day without a drink or without a hit of pot, maybe it's time to carefully examine why you are so dependent on the drug. Sobriety is a spectacular experience and I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it in a while.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
interestingly enought that you bring this up, because thanks to Mr. Cannabis, my mom has developed anxiety and depression, which is now leadsing to her exhibiting the signs or paranoid schitzophrenia. so lots of fun for me right now. but she has brought on herslef, instead of cleaning house and helping out, she thinks that it is a tiring day to go for a walk smoke a joint, come home yell at us bout how we do nothing around the house and she does everything, and then go smoke another. should pot be illegal, NO, this way they can do more studys on it. is it good for everyone, NO

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Just a thought, but could the paranoia be caused by the fact it's illegal, and smokers have to always look over their shoulder to make sure they're not going to be arrested, stigmatized and suffer for the rest of their life for something God gave people?

Mentally Ill people are mentally ill, whether or not they take drugs. They just happen to be mentally ill people who take drugs.

There was a study realeased in UK (I think I saw it on www.newscientist.com) that said that the correlation between ecstacy use and mental problems is more likely exaggerated than not (aren't all studies indefinite?) They followed kids growing up, using surveys every couple of years to determine those who use, and those who didn't, and found that there was a very strong link between people with mental problems BEFORE using e and mental problems AFTER using e.

Mental now= Mental later.

Who really knows how it would be unless things were legalized and studies were done.

You can't make a prediction on what the stock market will do, without affecting what the stock market will do. Positive vibes going round can cause the market to overinflate, and negative vibes and deflate.
Moderation is great! So is being positive!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Bram if you need someone to chat to, send me a pm

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I saw the show and was quite stoned at the time, it actually gave me paranoia. I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't crazy and was ok.

I also know a person who was diagnosed with the psychosis and now has to take lithium or something like that.

I reckon it's nothing to worry about though cause the impression I got off most of the doctors on the show was that even they were stoners. Granted I wasn't in the best state though.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Deepsoulsheep

Don't worry. You are not paranoid. You really are psychotic

quote:
The first is this misconception that cannabis is harmless and that smoking out every single day is just fine
Mike is spot on here. I firmly believe that smoking is very much like drinking. I don't get drunk every day (although it is Dec so my liver has been strained a lot more than usual) I don't think getting stoned every day is good either. In the same way that some people are addicted to alcohol you become addicted to smoking cause of the way it makes you feel. I used to smoke heaps in Uni and stopped smoking for a few months when I stopped dreaming at night. I also don't smoke when I know I need a clear head the next day, as like going out drinking, my mind feels sluggish the next day.

My memory has also become really crap in the past few years. At first I attributed it to short term memory loss cause of too much smoke. Then I realised it is just a family thing. My mother is terribly scatter brained, and as my sisters and I get older so are we. My sister had a baby recently, she has never smoked a joint in her life but she is worse than I am.

I have been paranoid going out in the past, but that is just the general 'ohmigod, everybody must know I am stoned'.

I love to come home and kick back, enjoy a spliff, a Baileys /a glass or wine / a beer. But if you do it every night it stops being a treat.

Its when you have a crap evening / night out cause you are not using any extra stimulant that you need to sit back and take a break, try and learn to enjoy life without the artifical crutch of alcohol / drugs

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
argh, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I didn't make that post looking for sympathy or pity or whatever, I made it to show the effects of being a chronic to the enth degree

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
ALRIGHT!!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SUBLECT!!

ok..here are my thoughts on cannabis, the plant and i mean plant not a drug because it is more of an herb than it is a drug in my opinion because it is grown and not processed as ALL other drugs are such as pharmaceutical drugs, cocaine, and alcohol yes alcohol!! the substance which is not even a substance at all, it in-fact is a plant that goes thru no processing. it is simply grown dried and smoked!! no other chemicals go into the plant at all!!!

i see where smoking canabis can cause a potentially paranoia, but i think this is much more from the fact that it is illegal, like toneman said. if canabis was not illegal everyone who smokes it would lose alot of paranoia because they would not have to worry about being f***ed with by the police or government. the paranoia that most people feel from smoking weed is from being caught by the police, parents, or other officials of society, not from the fact that they are high. i have been smoking weed for near 10 years...and only when i first started smoking did i feel this kind of paranoia. the paranoia that people are feeling usually goes away within a small amount of time, when one stops worrying about getting caught for doing something they enjoy. almost everyone of my friends smoke canabis and not one of them suffer from paranoia!! shit i get more paranoid when i drink!! and that shit is legal!! ( but we wont go into the fact that alcohol kills more people a year than all of the drugs in the world combined!!! ) and this is not from the fact that drugs are illegal because everyone knows that if you want to smoke weed you will!!

now should everyone smoke canabis?? that is hard to say, a majority of people that do not smoke say it is because they have freinds that think it is not socially acceptable. if it were not illegal i am sure that these people would feel differently. an until canabis is legalized then we will be held back on knowing the actual effects of the HERB.

i also do not think that canabis is a GATEWAY drug, i think if someone wants to do another drug they would end up trying it regardless of weed, a matter of fact, i think alot of people smoke weed to calm themselves down when they are not enjoying the effects of a certain drug or the drug becomes to intense for them such as acid of mushrooms of other phsycadellic drugs such as ecstacy. i feel very strongly that when our government finally realizes that canabis is a hell of alot less harmless than other substances they have on the market, such as ciggarettes, pharmaceutical drugs and alcohol, will we truly understand the reason that this plant was left here for us to enjoy and savor!!

canabis is a very mild mind altering herb that does no more harm to a persons body than normal day to day activities. when, not if, but when canabis is legalized will we only begin to understand the actuall effects of the herb!!!

[ 19. December 2002, 07:47: Message edited by: XtremRavR ]

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
some people should just keep off the weed,just like anything.Ive been smoking happly and heavly of about 8 years now I work at a hemp shop and Im
convinced that peoples paranoias are created by there own issues and insecuritys.(and the media creating a "bad buzz" amoungst people who'll listen to what they hear over what they know)
Paranoia isnt nessesarly a bad thing to(it can be) but it can also be the thing that keeps you out of trouble,trust what your body says not your tv.If youd like somemore have somemore(but share it with me!)
keep on playn
keep on smoking
Keep on keepn on!
Smark

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I quit smoking the stuff for a reason sort of like this. After about four years of smoking I suddenly started to have violent panic attacks. This wasn't some typical stoner parinoia, this was I phisically can't move thinking that I am going to die panic attacks. Like, imagine the worst, most gut wrenchingly horrible moment of your life and then multiply that by a billion, and then you might, might, have some idea. it was fucking horrible. At first I didn't want to think it was the pot, but when I quit oddly the attacks went away and never came back.

As I was listining to Love Line a few months ago someone called in with a similar problem, and Dr. Drew went off with his speach about brain chemistry. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem, in fact it seems to happen to a large percentage of longterm users. Maybe not to the degree that it affected me, or it may manifest as severe depression, but it affects a large number of smokers.

On a side note, however, that I haven't touched the stuff in over five years I have a hard time dealing with people who smoke regularly. I occasionally run into friends that I hung out with back then and they haven't changed one single bit. They haven't matured, grown mentally, spiritually, or emotionally at all.
I go to parties and to try and be nice I strike up a conversation with the kids off in the corner puffing on the bong and rarely have I ever had anything resembling an intelligent conversation with them that didn't revolve around pot. It's creepy, all these people sitting around worshiping a plant like some sort of god, imposing all sorts of ritual and imortance that really isn't there, talking it up like it was the second coming of Christ.

My personal opinions of it's users aside, however, I do think it should be decriminalized. I would better than solve Americas problem with over crowded jails and prisons. It would also make it much more likely that hemp products would come back into mass production. They would start putting the facts up on TV rather than the propaganda, and you would hear things like the fact that you can make five times as much paper from an acre of hemp than an acre of trees (and hemp is quarterly crop, as opposed to a once in a lifetime crop). It makes better and stronger clothes and textiles. And you can digest more than twice as much protien from a hemp seed than a soybean seed. All this from the mouth of the US department of agriculture...

Jesus helps me trick people.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tennis:
[QB]I watched a program on the tv last night about the long term effects of cannabis. it told the viewers about a mental disease caused by the paranoia built up after smoking weed to much for too long. This program was clearly biased towards putting people off smoking as can be expected on national television.

I saw the same programme and I did not think it was biased. It was showing that cannabis can can cause problems to people who smoke it too much and that it is a real risk that people should be aware of when they choose to do it.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by XtremRavR:

ok..here are my thoughts on cannabis, the plant and i mean plant not a drug because it is more of an herb than it is a drug in my opinion because it is grown and not processed as ALL other drugs are such as pharmaceutical drugs, cocaine, and alcohol yes alcohol!! the substance which is not even a substance at all, it in-fact is a plant that goes thru no processing. it is simply grown dried and smoked!! no other chemicals go into the plant at all!!!

Ok, Mushrooms are grown, dried, and eaten.

Tobacco is grown, dried, and smoked.

Coffee is grown, roasted, and brewed.

Green tea is grown, dried, and brewed.

Pot's a drug. Or rather, THC is.

That doesn't make it bad, it just means that it's a non-nutritive substance that has a physiological effect.

This business of trying to decide whether pot is a drug or not is a bunch of BS, in my opinion. It's as sensible as saying that alcohol and cigarettes aren't drugs. "Drugs" are a nebulous concept with no clear definition. Alcohol is a drug, yet the body burns it as fuel. Sugar is a food, yet some people treat it as if it were a drug. And where does that leave us with chocolate? Not only does chocolate have caffeine in it, but it also has theobromine, a caffeine-like drug. Tea has theophylline (given, a cup of tea has maybe 5 mg of theophylline, which is negligible), but theophylline is used as an asthma teatment.

Does it cause harm? Hard to say. This "psychosis" business is interesting. It's obviously more harmful than caffeine, but it can't possibly be as bad as alcohol. But the smoking bit can't possibly be good. If it were possible to get pot legally, I bet a lot more people would be baking brownies and not smoking it. It's just that baking brownies is inefficient since your liver destroys most of the drug before it ever hits the rest of your bloodstream.

Alcohol, BTW, causes a form of reversible liver damage whenever you drink enough to get a decent buzz on.

-Mike

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I think it's different for everyone. I enjoy it now but if it became a problem, I'd drop it.

Have to say though Sickpuppy I used to have panic attacks and you have my sympathy. The first one ever had was the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life. Very scary.

Later folks

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have thankfully never had a panic attack. But one of our professors, a board-certified cardiologist, told us about the time that he wound up in Emergency Medicine absolutely convinced that he was having a heart attack.

Nope. Panic attack.

Yeah, they're BAD...

-Mike

337 posts

Posted:
originally posted by mikeginny:

quote:
Ok, Mushrooms are grown, dried, and eaten.

Tobacco is grown, dried, and smoked.

Coffee is grown, roasted, and brewed.

Green tea is grown, dried, and brewed.

Pot's a drug. Or rather, THC is.

That doesn't make it bad, it just means that it's a non-nutritive substance that has a physiological effect.

This business of trying to decide whether pot is a drug or not is a bunch of BS, in my opinion. It's as sensible as saying that alcohol and cigarettes aren't drugs.
quote:

ok not to be an ass or anything but mike...comparing marijuana..to alcohol and ciggarettes made you look really stupid..it is a mind altering substance..true, but if you look at ciggarettes..they have over 900 chemicals in them, as for alcohol like i stated above it is processed..it goes thru a fermenting process that uses grain to ween out the product in grain that will affect your mind..now as for weed, it is grown dried and smoked...nothing goes into this product!! nothing!! every other substance known as a drug is processed!! as for shrooms..they are a fungus that has a temporary affect caused from psycolobin..a mild poison that is in the fungus itself that has a mild affect on the brain causing one to have a certain feeling and most of the time get mild visuals. now tell me mike what chemicals are added to weed or shrooms to make them do something to you? or better yet how are these substances processed..besides basic drying and eating or smoking?? because my definition of a drug is something that is a chemical that is processed to give a certain reaction from the body..and that is basically what a drug is. now i know that by most people that drugs are constituted as any mind altering substance...but if you had read the whole post then why is sex not considered a drug?!?! it can alter the mind..in more ways than one!! so like i said before i consider weed an herb since it is grown and not processed before consumtion, as well are shrooms are a fungus, not processed either. and if you really want to get technical then you honestly do not even have to dry out the shrooms or the weed..so that takes out any "processing" at all...so now what? i mean im getting tired of people considering an herb or a fungus harmfull when the only affects of these are a temporary paranoia that is most likely caused because of the fact it is illegal!! i highly doubt that if weed was legal that it would cause any more of these so-called paranoia phsycosis cases...its all in your head people!! like toneman said earlier

f**ked up in the head now = f**ked up in the head later!!

so if you really believe that the government is not trying to tell you about some bullshit paranoia to get you to stop smoking, then you are a fool!! panick attacks are not caused from weed either..they are caused from stress..which just happens to be relieved by smoking weed...at least in every study i have read about it...and believe me i have read alot.

so like i said...ive been smoking for 9 years steadily and have no problems with paranoia...but then again im not all screwed up in the head like some people either...and if you dont like what i have said in this post then dont read it again...and go smoke a phatie boom battie blunt..that will relive your stress
and yess i said blunt!!

aaaaaahhhhhhh im so stoned i think im gonna freak out and stuff man!! c'mon...dont gimme this crap...you have problems and you need to own up to them if your paranoid...dont be scared...its only pussy

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by XtremRavR:
because my definition of a drug is something that is a chemical that is processed to give a certain reaction from the body..and that is basically what a drug is. now i know that by most people that drugs are constituted as any mind altering substance...but if you had read the whole post then why is sex not considered a drug?!?!
Sex isn't a drug because it doesn't involve putting any chemical into your body. And before you protest, THC is a chemical. Water is also a chemical.

Furthermore, just because something isn't a drug doesn't make it non-addictive. Gambling isn't a drug, but people get addicted to it. Exercise isn't a drug but I'm addicted to it.

As for your definition of a drug, then by your definition, no pot would not be a drug. Again, neither would natural tobacco. Or coffee. Or green tea (black tea is fermented, so it would be a drug).

An interesting few pages on this topic is presented in Andrew Weil's book, From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything You Need to Know About Mind-Altering Drugs." Fascinating book. I highly recommend it to all you psychonauts out there.

-Mike

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Right cool down you too before something breaks out!

Anyways...

I personally believe that the main reason we (stoners) are 'paranoid' (I dont personally suffer any effects from cannabis except for memory loss which comes back when I stop smoking for a while) is because society in general does not accept its ussage.

Drugs have been used for hundreds of years. Because they are illegal or not does not make such a big difference. If you go out and reasearch what you put in your body you might find that there are safe and unsafe ways to use every drug illegal or not. I personally have a friend who just quit doing everything due to a mad stint with valium which got him arrested twice in the same week for being so off his ass.

I believe that there are several misconceptions in society because people judge to their standards. Let people be and maybe people will start thinking for themselves and realise that at the end of the day it is not the drugs its (as Mike and others have said) THE INDIVIDUAL! .
I have seen many people fall to many addictions some not even considered as drugs... i.e. pepsi and coffee...
I have found through my experience that most people who are addicted (except to physically addictive substances where your body develops a dependance) will be addicted. They can be addicted to television, heroin, a joint, or whatever else...

Dont misjudge just because others have written down that it is wrong. Ignorance breeds ignorance. Once we get away from this cycle we can the begin to observe a situation and then try to draw reasonable conlusions and as Mike rightly said: ASSumptions... They make an ass of you!

Before we try to save the world lets each try to save ourselves. maybe one day so many people will be concerned with their well being that we wont have to worry because we will all have that understanding, respect and balance.

Love and hugs to all,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
crikey! I've been out of touch for three weeks or so and have just come back and read this thread and without turning up buried issues. I felt that some people got a bit personal around the entire drugs issue and i would like to say that that was not my intention. looks like its down to the individual!!!!

Thank you for all being extremely honest and for those who have and are having bad times due to any drug use/abuse my heart goes out to you. in fact even if you are not have a bit of my heart anyway!!

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
My two cents:

I agree with pretty much all of what has been said here other than the hardened stoners who are in denial.

I used to smoke a HELL of a lot of pot. I am not a paranoid person. I am a very laid back person. Before I smoked pot I was a happy well balanced person. There is no doubt in my mind that pot messed up my head. After a few months of heavy pot usage my grades started to slip at school. After a couple of years I was suffering from long term depression. Paranoia isn't the only negative effect, and I don't think I ever got it. But I have never known anyone to quit pot for any reason other than it screwed up their head. Even after what it did to me, I still wouldn't say 'don't do this it's bad' cus I had a fun and mind expanding time, and I know that not everyone gets long term side effects. If I went back and had to choose again I still would have smoked pot, maybe not as much as I did. But any pot smoker who is going to sit there and give me the usual stuff about how bad alcohol is and oh no pot's not a drug, they are in MAJOR denial. I am certain that I could sit down with any heavy pot user and identify a multitude of ways in which pot is detrimental to their life.

To reiterate: If you like pot, go ahead and smoke it, but don't kid yourself that it doesn't affect your life both short and long term.

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

337 posts

Posted:
POT DOES NOT SCREW UP YOUR HEAD!!!!!

ok...people sayikng that pot screwed up there head...bwhahahahaha whatever!! you were screwed up in the head in the beginning!! pot didn't do it!! it was your self in the first place!!! you were already screwed up!! duh!! now come on!! if you honestly believe that weed screwed up your head..well then you were already screwed up...sorry to break that one to you but it needed to be done sometime!! hahahah

smoke weed till i die, i will allways get high!!!

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
quote:

ok...people sayikng that pot screwed up there head...bwhahahahaha whatever!! you were screwed up in the head in the beginning!! pot didn't do it!! it was your self in the first place!!! you were already screwed up!! duh!! now come on!! if you honestly believe that weed screwed up your head..well then you were already screwed up...sorry to break that one to you but it needed to be done sometime!! hahahah

And I'M screwed up in the head.. sure.

Don't bother to post back unless you have something intelligent to add.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Denile is Not a river in Egypt.
Pot does have its draw backs! I hear you Sickpup, i have had lots of angziety attacs! but "I loved the way it made me feel, man." I only smoke on accation now, i use to smoke every few hrs since 15 or 16. It made me spacy, and I really started to forget things! That Sucks!!!
I Know all of this is a real thing!
There is No Denying it.

Remember this:
The Weed is a Tool!! Ues it like a tool! Don't let the tool use You!!
~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
I'd have to agree with XtremRavR, in that the people portrayed in this program are likely to have had a predisposition toward mental instability, and the weed will have either been a catalyst, or a trigger to their pyscosis. The thing is there are a lot of people who spend alot of their free time battered, but we dont seem to have overflowing mental wards. Wonder why?

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

337 posts

Posted:
KEV**

quote:
I used to smoke a HELL of a lot of pot. I am not a paranoid person. I am a very laid back person. Before I smoked pot I was a happy well balanced person. There is no doubt in my mind that pot messed up my head. After a few months of heavy pot usage my grades started to slip at school. After a couple of years I was suffering from long term depression
ok..first of all, you say that pot screwed up your head...now that could be due to the fact that you had other underlying problems with yourself or people around you that you might not have realised or taken into consideration...pot does affect the ability to concentrate, if you smoke more than you can handle. that would explain why your grades started to slip..right? ok then i dont know all the details of your life but ummm the depression part could have been caused by your grades slipping which in turn made your parents get on your ass more about studying, you were probably grounded and got in to trouble because you were putting off your school work. which in turn meant that you could not go out and hang with your friends and that lead to the depression. or maybe you had a girlfriend and she left you which also added to the depression..like i said i dont know you nor do i really care to especially after the pretty dumb comment you wrote earlier. but i have been a heavy smoker for about 6 years now. i smoked for a grand total of about 10 years!! so belive me, i know what i am talkin about here. i am yet to expereince an overwhelming amount of paranoia, of course when i smoke i get a little paranoid...but that is due to the fact that it is ILLEGAL!! and i am already on probation..which means that it could get me into trouble if i dont take the proper precautions before i take a UA(pis test).

so if you would like to talk intelectually then please go right ahead and state your circumstances so i can analyze where your depression and paranoia came from...

so please dont talk about something that you have very little knowledge about and then tell someone else that they made an ignorant comment, ok?

well to all the smokers that can handle the effects of mary jane...keep smokin!! to all the people that are weirded out when they smoke...QUIT!! that or smoke less..because you cant handle the effects.

smoke weed every day!!!

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
quote:
so please dont talk about something that you have very little knowledge about...
Something I know very little about? Actually, I have studied this subject in depth for several years now. All your arguments are based on pretty flimsy assumptions, for example, putting my depression down to my failing performance at school and my parents getting on my ass for it? I already said I'm laid back so that's not the kind of thing that would ever get me down. IMO if that is the extent of your argument I think it just highlights YOUR lack of knowledge on the subject. Smoking pot for however many years qualifies you to know shit - I've played guitar for 15+ years but I still have zero knowledge of music theory.

quote:
i am yet to expereince an overwhelming amount of paranoia, of course when i smoke i get a little paranoid...but that is due to the fact that it is ILLEGAL!! and i am already on probation..which means that it could get me into trouble if i dont take the proper precautions before i take a UA(pis test).

so if you would like to talk intelectually then please go right ahead and state your circumstances so i can analyze where your depression and paranoia came from...
If you took the time to actually read what I said, I pointed out that I had NEVER suffered from paranoia. Having smoked plenty of pot around friends I am aware that there is plenty that can get you paranoid while smoking pot that has NOTHING to do with long term mental effects.

quote:
...and then tell someone else that they made an ignorant comment, ok?
I made no such accusation.

With regard to your comment about not wanting to know me - judging by the arrogant way you phrase your posts (despite your obviously limited capacity for intellectual debate), and the way that, whenever someone makes an intelligent point which you disagree with, you dismiss it as a 'dumb comment', I consider you not wanting to know me no loss whatsoever.

Cheers,

Kev

Kevmember
83 posts

Posted:
Something else I thought of.

quote:
of course when i smoke i get a little paranoid...but that is due to the fact that it is ILLEGAL!!
I have yet to meet a hardened pot smoker who particularly gave a shit whether pot was illegal or not when they were smoking it.

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Everyone is made differently and each 'head' is a unique landscape. A 'drug' is simply a substance (processed or otherwise) that can alter that landscape, or the body that houses it - sometimes making it more beautiful and sometimes making it darker.

Cannabis psychosis is a very real phenomenon, fortunately rare, but nonetheless severely debilitating in those affected.

If your head is happy with pot, ENJOY!! If not then find another buzz. Schizophrenia affects 1/100 and is a tragically destructive and painful affliction, both for the sufferer and those around them.

Our brains are the most exquisitely complex systems the universe has yet devised and some are more prone to slippage than others. Look after yours and respect it - it's the only one you'll ever be given....

....still, that's no excuse not to keep partying

Love and hugz

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Page: