BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Couldn't find thread dedicated to this and could only find this mentioned in another thread but felt it deserved it's own.

Sydney Juggling Convention 2006 is on from 26th - 29th of January.

Check out their website: SJC Site

On at S t . S t e v e n ' s H a l l , 1 8 9 C h u r c h S t , N e w t o w n , N S W , A u s t r a l i a

They are bringing over a dude named Matt Hall (the juggling sensei) whom I knew nothing of a few weeks ago but am now stoked for the opportunity to see. His specialties are juggling (obviously), some very good Diablo and Cigar Boxes - a pretty rare thing to see done well in my experiences.

Being a Devil Sticker, I'm hoping to see a couple of fellow Stickers there as I asked the organiser and there can be a Jolleystick court set up if anyone is willing to give it a crack....I AM. Juggling games are on from 2 - 4pm on Sunday.

Chairs ubbloco

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yeah would normally be going - went last year and had a great time - but alas it coincides with rainbow serpent so i cant make it.

have fun anyway! ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'm going biggrin

will be mostly juggling, sticking and diaboloing......

sgonna be cool biggrin

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: BEZERKER

They are bringing over a dude named Matt Hall (the juggling sensei) whom I knew nothing of a few weeks ago but am now stoked for the opportunity to see. His specialties are juggling (obviously), some very good Diablo and Cigar Boxes - a pretty rare thing to see done well in my experiences.

Being a Devil Sticker...

Matt Hall is great smile smile I met him at the Scottish last year, really nice guy. He also does devil stick and i think won the devil stick competition at last year's IJA convention (along with diabolo). He also does Cigar boxes VERY well - does 4 cigar boxes, which i can tell you is censored hard.

Have a good time, i might be coming to the SJC next year smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
what is doing cigar boxes? (I mean, what do people do with them?)

(I won't be at the convention so it's OK you won't spoil my fun by telling me)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Imagine a person holding three boxes of a regular rectangular prism shape (cigar box size). They hold them in a horizontal line, putting enough pressure on the outer two that the centre one stays in place without them needing to touch it.

They then sorta separate the two outer boxes in such a way that it lifts and spins the centre one, and then they catch it so the three boxes are in a line again.

And then imagine variations on the theme.

I am thinking of being there for at least a short while. Mark, one of the organisers, will kill me if I bail on another event.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Cigar Boxes

Go to the video section for some kick arse videos smile smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
YAY he talks about the Flying Karamazov Brothers!! I saw them at the Rainbow Theatre in London in like 1978. They ROCKED!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Toby!? Is that you!??

PM me bro.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I hope to be heading to Syd for some of it! I have two gigs that clash with it, but I went last year, and had so much fun. Does anyone have a floor I can crash on for the night of the 27th? Pm me if you do! There will be much juggly goodness!!!! juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle beerchug juggle

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
frown Sorry. New housemate has just moved in, so the sofa bed will be occupied until a real bed is sorted out frown

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...