Page:
TribalLordSILVER Member
3 posts

Posted:
This year I intend to experience the Burning Man Festival for the first time. It is located in the Black Rock Desert region. The closes largest city would be Reno, Nevada. I would like to find other people who have been there and can tell me more about the festival. Would like to find others who are going this year as well. The website is

www.burningman.com

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ICoN

Im especially glad to hear MCP is coming smile

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. wink

Good to know about Philly Expt. We're at Gnomecamp at 7:30 and Destiny. Feel free to adopt a gnome. Or if you see a gnome anywhere, at least take your clothes off and take a picture with it.

We'll try to make Weds at noon but... you know...

Where is 'fire conclave camp'?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
NYC: tongue you're fat.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It's spelled 'Phat'.

And if you're well hung, phat, and really proud of it I guess you can open a grocerey store.

Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
fat = u.

You are von bloaten cat.

Non-Https Image Link

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Fire conclave is in center camp at the 11:00 position (next to first camp and close to the culdron). It'll be much bigger with more room to hang out and discuss fire. Come by and say hi, I can't wait to meet everyone. I'll be the scrawny pale kid wearing mostly Orange (doesn't narrow it down much does it) I'm leaving tomorrow early AM see yall on the palya.

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

fat = u.

You are von bloaten cat.

Now you're just cutting and pasting old Rob insults at me?

That's just lazy.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I believe the word is "slack."

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Dude, the cat wasn't the insult, the insult was suggesting that you drank bud-light. sheesh.

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Cody: I was with Fire Conclave in 2002! Have a spin on me, I wish I could be there!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Written by: ICoN

Im especially glad to hear MCP is coming smile

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. wink

Had I not seen it, I would not have believed it. MCP at Burningman. I was proven wrong and am a large, fat, budlight drinking feline.

Except I hate beer. But if I drank beer I would drink bud light because I didn't think MCP would make it and she did.

And I even think she had some fun.

Themecamps, right Meg? Themecamps are the way forward.

Happy to meet those of you that I met. I didn't spin much but it wasn't really about the spinning for me this year.

The conclave was awesome. A bit scary when the fireworks went off into the crowd but I guess that's "Safety Third" for ya'.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yay!

Made it out of the desert alive. Only 9 days this time though as opposed to the 10 I did last year. More than enough IMO. I was kinda ready to be out by the time the man burned. Was great to see all my friends again though... And Im glad I got to hang with MCP a bit.

Until next time...

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh yay! The kids got to play together after all. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I'm back alive and I hope everyones exodus was safe. I finally got to meet many of you, it's great to finally put a face to a name. Still workin on that butterfly weave and flowers, thanks for the help Mtbeer, and thanks for the kangaroo Dexta. smile
EDITED_BY: Cody (1157560977)

Cody Canon

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Check out the New York Times slide show. It made me nostalgic already. biggrin

Cody, I kept bumping into your brother looking for you. Bah.. oh well.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Playa time, and stuff happened, meaning Mand and I didn't make the HoP meetup. frown

NYC, we totally intended to come find you in GnomeCamp, but, again, playa time happened. I'll hold on to that hug for some time in the future.

We did run into Lightning, which was a totally random event.

The spinning that we saw was amazing. Spinning in the conclave was...amazing, and words don't do it justice.

Phoo on being back at work, though.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that link NYC, the fire performer with the flaming mohawk is Pyromancer form the Netherlands. He camped with me, cool guy.

I think I want to work less next year so I can spend more time with everyone. I always feel I need vacation from my vacation. smile

Cody Canon

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Sorry I never got to teach you flowers Cody. Our meeting was brief indeed... But at least I caught you this time.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Yah that's playa time at it's best. I'm glad your feeling better. smile

Cody Canon

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
More Required Viewing.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Everything was awesome. Burning man is amazing. There are no words to describe it. There are words to describe people thou, like NYC = amazingly unaffected by destructive dust. And mikey ICON = babyface uber quiet person totally unlike online personality.

Burning Man!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I actually think 'unaffected' is a pretty good way to describe me in general. At least in real life. wink Yeah, I was suprisingly comfortable in the heat and dust. Kinda funny watching you Brits flail around and gasp for air. Reminds me of me in winter in Scotland. frown

And ICoN was even more quiet than usual and probably even more so later on in the week.

I'm really glad that you got to make it out MCP. There are so many times that I want to drag people across the Atlantic and be like "SEEE?!"

Our next goal is to get ICoN to an EJC. So I can be like "SEEE?!"

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
how was it for molly? The weird simularities and complete differences to beltane made it all the weirder for me.

I think the pyronauts conclave is a lot different to the other conclaves. I think they would have more energy involved.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Molly stayed at home on the sofa - she's still sulking tongue

I had a great time though - I didn't see much beltaniness, except for the kickarse stick drumming and the lamplighters ritual. I loved that bit.

Someone had told me that there was an ex-beltane white warrior woman who wore her costume at BM but I didn't see her.

What did you find similar meg?

I think beltane should have art cars. And EJC. Art cars rock! biggrin

And I only gave myself sunstroke once NYC, and it was only of the mild woozy sort, and only cos we walked to the cathedral for the wedding, and I barely flailed at all...

...so tongue

On a separate note there should be more handpuppets at BM. Cab the Squirrel had the time of his little furry life, took up raving, now has a glowstick fetish and got high on half a cashew nut.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
crimson lighting the fire at the start of the week that went on to burn the man.

Circling around the man. The energy expelled in the conclave, performers getting front row seats... The organisers being in control of the conclave but not exactly. lots of people not having a very good view. Having two big burning things (thou over seperate days) that mirror the two big bonfire there should be at beltane. I guess it's quite a bit like firepoint but not so much like beltane...

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
I'd forgotten about the first fire being lit from the sun. I really liked that and lit my poi from the torches but the rest of my conclave group were cynical New Yorkers with lighters wink

I was never in firepoint anyway.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oi! I lit from the torch. tongue

And how often is it that firespinners actually have lighters?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

I'm really glad that you got to make it out MCP. There are so many times that I want to drag people across the Atlantic and be like "SEEE?!"

you don't have to be like that though - its nopt like we don't believe you!

its just a big undertaking if you're not a teacher and don't heppen to get like 70% of your working year as holiday... tongue

thanks for links and photos and stories and stuff hug

looked like a beautiful festival again this year - time to start dreaming about next year already...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

you don't have to be like that though - its nopt like we don't believe you!

its just a big undertaking if you're not a teacher and don't heppen to get like 70% of your working year as holiday... tongue

Hey, hey... I worked yesterday AND today. Oh damn... is it 2:45 already? Almost time to go home. wink

Nobody's more aware than me of how tricky it is to get across the ocean. I just wish I could drag people across the atlantic so they could see because I think THEY'D like it. smile

There are a few folks that I wish I had a "conjur" spell and teleport them to whatever party/dj/festival I was at because they would have loved it. There are a few times a "Conjur Cole" would have come in handy... or at least been fun.

I think it's also that Burningman/EJC are so perfectly 'different sides of the brain' aspects of the same brain that it's natural to want to yin/yang them.

Which is again why folks like ICoN need to get to EJC. And why it's nice that folks like MCP got a shot of Burningman.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Nice footage of the burn.

If you've got a good eye, you can spot Arashi. Which is funny since I didn't actually get to see him live.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Yeah good link ! thanx smile

Very glad to be part of it, it was truely amazing, met lot of people, had great fun and inspiration.

>> my pics

>> all is full of love <<

Page: