firecirclemember
6 posts

Posted:
The way I see it, everyone has their own individual style. I can watch differant people do the same moves but on each person the come accross totally differant. I have noticed particularly a differance not only from person to person but between men and women. Swinging poi for me is a way of expressing who I am. My own personality and idividuality is shown through my twirling.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
True!I think your dancing style is reflected when you poi and vice versa.I especially notice this when my friend chooch and swing together. She is beautifully graceful and fluid where I am more energetic and use my body more.Poi truly is a wonderful form of self-expression

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
I like to vary my style depending on the music. Generally i have a flowing, dancy stlye, but love to try a more energetic routine when i'm raving or listening to techno.