Page: ......
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey lovely Moonfesties!*:.

Well, it’s that time again… yummy fruits to feast on those hot humid days… the smell of summer blossoms in the warm summer breeze… Must be time for the SUMMER Moonfests!!!

The summer ones are always a bit bigger than the winter ones… as people are more willing to come out from there snuggley warm homes and run around under the moonlight frolicking about on the beach*:.

So the Summer and 2006 Moonfest dates are………………::::::*

Dec Friday 16th (last for 2005)

.:*2006*:.

January Sat 14th

February Mon 13th

March Wed 15th

April Fri 14th

May Sat 13th

June Mon 12th

July Tues 11th

August Wed 9th

September Fri 8th

October Sat 7th

November Sun 5th

December Tues 5th

.:*2007*:.

January Wed 3rd

Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore. Every full moon from Sundown (or earlier in the arvo for a juggle jam play and picnic) Bring along your instruments, drums, fire toys (+ fuel & safety gear) twirly whirly toys and magick makers… dress up.. Have a ball…bring your friends, have fun and frolic under the luminous Moon and sparkling stars*:… bring a picnic dinner, or grab a bight to eat from the local Café on the Park… Please take ALL your rubbish and belongings with you when you leave…..:* Moonfest is for fun!*:. Come and BE the festival…. Festive*all …. ALL FESTIVE… It is the beautiful people who come along each month that make this gathering such a gorgeous one… so thank YOU beautiful people! Moonfest is growing into its 10th year!*:. It will be our 10 year anniversary this coming Spring Moonfest (Friday 8th September 2006) So a huge big thankyou to all of you for coming along each month and making this the amazing beautiful thing it has grown to be. …………::::*

Other upcoming events…

*:.Earthcore is this Saturday 3rd December www.earthcore.com.au

*:.Woodford Folk Festival 27th Dec 05 ~ 1st Jan 06 there’s a cap on ticket sales for the first time this year … and tickets are selling out fast! www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

*:.A couple of Earthy Gorgeous Goddessy Gatherings and camping like lovely things happening over this summer… too gorgeous to mention in one sentence… contact Gillian for more info (07) 5446 7470

*:.The Summer Solstice is 22nd December … chances are there will be some lovely happenings around this time… if not we should make one yeah?

So yeah… there you have it… a load of moonfest dates and a few fun things to do this summer… have a happy Summer and hopefully we’ll catch up along the way*:.

Summer blossoms, fresh fruit, and joyful juicy bits to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1154653542)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
petey! that could soooo work! biggrin hug see you friday!! bounce tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
.:*grins*:. biggrin

heheheh! compleately floorless plan!

... but I was thinking more one of those foot paddle thingos than an actual cannoe ... but each to their own i suppose wink

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
does anyone know somewhere nice to have tea nearby, that will be open on good friday? shrug I've got my mommy and nan comming with us so I thought we should feed them first! Any idea's?

angel2

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
that place up the top of the hill from moonfest is a fish & chip shop, so i reckon they'll be open!! biggrin

what time will you be coming down leah?? bounce

we should all head down there around 4.30 (i think all the bayfire stuff finishes areound 4...) & have a picnic & enjoy *sunfest* biggrin

what do ya reckon!? bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah Cafe on the Park (the fish and chips shop that gita was talking about) also has a little indoor sitting area and I'm pretty sure they surve tea and coofee and cakes and things too smile

hey lovely idea to go down early gixie... I got a family thing too, but I'll do my best to get down to catch some sunlight ... the weather has been simply lush for a day play!*:. and with any luck it'll still be gorgeous blue skies and sparkling water by then too.:*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
sounds lovely, cafe on the park sounds just the thing for a nice easy dinner. I think we will be getting there eary, I'll let you know! wink

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
Hiya leah/gita/elke etc... mind if I (and what will probably be 2 of my boys @ this stage) crash your *sunfest* fish'n'chip picnic?

Will be my 1st Moonfest, so it'd be a good chance for me to meet some of you lovely people before the festivities start...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
no probs pogo!! biggrin i'll probably be around pretty early...but we'll see what time leah's getting there & then crash her dinner with her mum & nan too!! tongue (if that's okay leah!!)

bounce

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hell no!!!! (just kidding) ubblol

The more the merrier.

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
two nights in a row playing with fire under a glorious full moon by the sea.. how lovely is that!! see you all tomorrow night.. .:*:.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
leah... eek ubblol hug what time are you getting there lovely?? i think i'm pretty much a certainty to head up there (or down for you! tongue ) around 4.30pm...or maybe earlier...ry seems quite keen to go back & check out those markets again!! tongue

eek bec is coming to moonfest!? biggrin clap bounce bounce2 *squeee*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
that's cos there's CAMELS ubblolubblolubblol

Ry is now a master of inserting the word CAMEL into any sentence on any subject!!!

Coming next ubbidea Contact Camel bounce2

Oh hang on , he already did that... ummmmm Camel snakes!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Handy Camel being a colour
and an animal
and a ciggie
and a slap of the hand
and I am sure many other things

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
A slap of the hand? Gnor! ubblol spank

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
Another beautiful moonfest, it was huge! It sucked that I could'nt get there earlier, I finihed work 3 hours late, wasn't happy Jan! eek

My mum and nan came down with us this time. My Nan ended up getting kero in her eye from a guy that spun his staff too close to the spectators. Everybody sitting on the ledge near him got covered in fuel. Her eye is still a bit weepy. frown A few people complained but I'm not sure what happened. But other than that, they had a great night and would love to return. clap I guess with last night being so big things like that happen.

See you all next month!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ooh that is really a shame!!! Indeed, it was huge!! And there were lots of obvious newbies... so close to Bayfire too, I suppose that brought a lot of people in...

It was great to see your Nan there Leah.. nice for me not be the oldest person around too!! wink

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
ubblol

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
aight, plans are already in the works. i have parental permission and a way of getting money. hopefully ill be flying this time, and might make it to a festival. definetly goin to moonfest again. unfortunately, it wont be til december or january. it will however, be more than a week this time *bounce*

on early planning stages yet, what i get up to will depend how much money i make before tongue

cheers, pete hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Pete you MUST come to Woodford! then there's a Moonfest on the 3rd, straight after you get back!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sounds good, but yeh, money may be a problem.

on the other hand, some new fire toys ive been making me have secured me at least one, large, paying gig *bounce*

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hello all! I will be coming to the Moonfest with Mr. Bird in June...

Anyone up for housing a random Brit and a random Victorian in for a day or two? ubbangel

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
The Brit sounds ok...but a random Victorian...they can be dodgy! wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
 Written by: roarfire

Hello all! I will be coming to the Moonfest with Mr. Bird in June...

Anyone up for housing a random Brit and a random Victorian in for a day or two? ubbangel

Firstly:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! bounce

Secondly:

Your coming from 105 years ago? wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I booked my flights!

I arrive on the 8th and leave on the 13th biggrin

Now I just gotta figure out what to do for the 4 days before Moonfest! ubblol

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Come and have a spin with us on Thursday the 8th. biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Sounds good. What's on Thursday the 8th?

More importantly, is it easy to get to cause I can get lost easily!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
Hey roar... a bunch of us have gathered the last couple weeks @ Orleigh Park in West End on Thursday nights from around dusk.

It's started kinda slow, but the idea seems to be picking up some pace... anyway... Thursday the 8th is well... a Thursday... so we'll be twirling @ west end.

OK, for the important bit... alright, I had to get out the refidex after driving aimlessly through the streets of west end. But it turns out I was heading in the right direction in the 1st place... so, my advice... trust your instincts!!!

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
 Written by: roarfire

I booked my flights!

I arrive on the 8th and leave on the 13th biggrin

Now I just gotta figure out what to do for the 4 days before Moonfest! ubblol

YAY!

bounce

I'm sure I can have a crack at providing 4 days entertainment! wink

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Page: ......