Mr_chazBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
hey i me and my girlfriend have just recently come up with a brainwave. I have been drooling over those gorgeous aerotech staffs for a while now...but can't quite afford the £350 , a little over my budget methinks ubbrollsmile
So instead i went out an bought a packet of those glow bracelets, the ones that start to glow when you bend em. They work a treat!! I just wrapped em round me staff, with a load of cellotape an had my very own glow staff!
It only cost me £1 for 25 and this was enough for my 1.5 metre staff, the effect was truly cool...better than i ever thought it would be. My very own glow staff (well for about 6 hours) Give it a try if u fancy somwthing a bit different (unless of course u win the lottery and can afford an aerotech 'lightsaber' staff ubblove )
Has anyone else done nethin similar? biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Glowsticks on the end can look quite flashy smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Mr_chazBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
yeah i bet! fire is of course the most wondrous thing though.....glow doesn't give u the same sort of feeling. fire is just kinda hard to do indoors!!

U know anywhere to get cheap glow staffs..that don't break? (they all look rather fragile.....!)

happy days smile

chaz

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Or get the battery powered LED glowsticks, so you can tunr them off when yiu are done, and not have them keep on glowing til they run out... :-)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Mr_chazBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
whoops just found the glowstaff thread.......... he he. battery powered sound cool though......then i don't have to keep selotaping stuff on

...anyways back to reading this glowstaff thread smile

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
A guy down at my meet put the long thin glow sticks along the handle and then lit the ends on fire....That was cool....and made it a load easy to catch in the dark

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
ive been using glowsticks for a while for when i do clubs and stuff, but theyre realy not worh it, i generally spend £12 a time on 8 sticks at £1.50 a pop, (dont know if thats right, not in a thinking mood) and over three gigs i could have bought a nice looking glow staff from https://www.firetoys.com/juggling/glow_staff.html

proper glow staffs look more "professional" if your on on the entertainment circuit. and look cooler than sellotaping glowsticks to your wick.

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

allfiredupstranger
19 posts

Posted:

it not the same

no kero high lol

but i think it look cool

ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power

Ignarnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Yeah, i like the glow stick idea- if u get sum really small ones u can use them on poiheads too (i know i'm in the staff forum, just thought i'd say it). Only thing is, your glowstiks are gonna last about 6 hours- has anyone here tried to do a show that long?

116 posts

Posted:
i got my glowsticks form an army and navy store, one of them was glowing for two days! they stay bright for about 10 / 12 hours, which is more than enough glow time. the longest gig ive done was spinning half on/ half off for about 8 hours. i hurt after that!

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i get my glo sticks from army surplus too, and i think the longest i sup for on and off was at an event (in the crowd) for 8 hours too, and hell did i ache the next day ubblol
that was when i first started out spinning and didn't know any better redface

116 posts

Posted:
everytime i do a club i always come out with tubigrips over every conceivable joint which throughout teh night has been twisted, smacked, sprained and everything else. but its so fun!