Forums > Social Chat > Remember we talked t-shirts???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay so these are really rough drafts but right now it's all I can put out there...and yes I am working on a guy and the girl can actually be interchanged with the toys...staff, glowsticks, poi, comets, fans...well you get the idea.I never promised they'd be great...or colored! Suggestions and *constructive* criticism as always, is welcome.Check them out at:www.freespeech.org/spiderblade/pele/What do you think? Anyone else come up with anything??? smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hi peleI coudn't get to the web page to see the shirts, but as long as they are simple and have a cool disign im all about it! Maybe we can do something for a fundraiser for the big fire party in New Zealand! smile Put it on a shirt? Well Talk to you later.skichristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the heads up SC..I'll try to figureout what is up. Two are simple..one is not. Fund raiser...good idea...help defray cost of where ever we end up being...though you and i are still the only two discussing this.......oh well.Later dude! *off to nurse nasty ass sunburn*------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Where are you getting a sunburn in NY? smile I think that people will come if we start it off, and say there is going to be The Biggest Fire Party In The World! shocked In New Zealand! Hey all we Need is a few Friends in New Zealand, and I think We do, To find a place to hold it! The T-Shirts can help to pay for the place. What do you think? I know I can get people to come! But Noone wants to start it off, and plan it. I think we can do this! SkiChristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i see it working Pele...id go with something like the first design...keep it up."S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
i like the first design pele.what if there was a set logo for this website.BUT, the logo would be slightely different depending on if you poi, staff.Everyone who is a member would receive one for their particular skill.Or prehaps one logo but embroidered in different colours. :Psomething simple would be cool H.O.P (home of poi)?, in nice stitches. that way everyone would be pleased (to some extent).if you go for a logo, there are always bound to be people who would have loved to wear a t-shirt, but are against certain designs.whatd'ya reakon?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I really like the third one Pele...SPIN I'd make a pair of the arms clubs though...just MHOI don't wear labels on any of my clothing, but would certainly wear that Tshirt.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
hey pele, i think the t-shirt idea is great, i like the first one. i think i might be able to come up with a couple more logos for you to post. after all i am trying to get into logo/web design for a living, figure i could use some practice smile i think the fundraiser idea is cool. P.L.U.R------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
i like the first one pele.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I like the third one Pele. Although the martian (Girl from mars) had a cool little design. I think she might send it too you.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Wahey...the first designs for our T-shirts!! Nice one Pele; I like No. 1 the bestest and am feeling so inspired I'm going to have a go too. Erm, but as I haven't got a website, can anyone suggest where to put them? (keep it clean! wink) I can get them scanned/diggie-photoed but I'm not sure what to do next confused. Any help would be muchly appreciated.Cheers Noods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
First of all, thanks to all for the feedback. smile Yup N8 I did get Laurie's.Noods...once you copy it in email it to me as an attachment and I'll figure it out from there. There's enough people who host sites that I'm affiliated with, mine are on my personal site and worse comes to worse I'll put them up there until the Pyromorph site is done then I will transfer them over there.Oh and Cained, I agree that something simplistic of just letters would be a good idea for this site but that is all Malcolm and I would never impose upon him to create a design for him. These are more generic, for anyone who likes to poi/spin.So far 1 and 3 are the favorites....1 by a long shot so when Prom gets the silk screening up we will prolly make them both, just to let you know but that won't be for a few months. grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Cheers chuck,I'll get my crayons out tonight and have a scribble!!All excited grinNoods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
i am only an artist about once a year, but i will try to come up with some ideas tonight. i also like the first one Pele. the material the shirts are made of is very important. the normal concert shirt material i dont think would be appropriate. it doesnt hold up very well and gets uncomfortable. i guess it all depends on the type of stitch.------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Hey I finely got to the site! I do like the 1st and the 3rd. Can we put the 1st on the front and a small 3rd on the top mid back?(off the subject, Shibiki,I LOVE SWAN DIVE!! I think Im going to make my house out of Car tires and Chicken wire when I move to New Mexico grinHey do you have any Ani Imports? I have a bunch! would you like to trade? My e-mail is skichristian@hotmail.com. Always good to find a Fire spinnin Ani Lover smile)

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I've got spare space now, as I dont yet have my page done, so you can have my main page (will post URL later)for a while. In fact, I can put all ideas on it, so we can come up with a decision. I would like a hat (beanie? rasta? ballcap?) with one of the designs, Im likin this idea.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Very cool PSM thank you!!!!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
OK, sorry guys, it seems that the server space I had is no more. I will look into it because it was really cool ie: no ads no weird, long URLs, but alas. I will put something together on tripod or something if you still want. Perhaps Malcom will donate space? I have no quals about doing the web monkeying, I just have no space. Sorry.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
A good place for web hosting is www.sphosting.com. They give heaps of space, and no popups or stuff.

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I have an idea for a shirt thing. I did it on computer. it's not that good but i dont mind it. Does anyone have some free space on their webpage so i can show you guys? I don't have a web page at the moment frown

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Malcolm, that would be awesome!!!Let us know when and where things can be forwarded to you!!!! smile Fantastic!!! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i have some, but im not sure how long i will have it, my class ends next saturday, and i will have to clear my site off the school's server probably within a few weeks of that, but thats still time for a quick view. if you want to send it to me ill put it up for youemail it to: josh@cheek.tc

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I, as well, have webspace. (run off DSL line) Very permanent. smile Let me know if you need webspace to post to so everyone can look at. (I can set up FTP, and WEB..)

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I sent it to Malcolm, so he should be putting it up shortly. Once it is up feel free to pay it out. tongue

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Is this an open submission? (I would like to make an attempt at a design..) And can they be color?

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
GO ahead CRD...give it a go...it's for anyone to try!!!

Pele

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I like the poi ones but I don't think that the T should be limited to just poi beacuse a lot of us do other things to like single/double staff, contact juggling, etc. It should be something along the lines of the third one I think, perhaps if any of you could take that general design and photoshop it with some cool colors, 3d, etc.This site is for more than just poi spinners, and I think that the T shirt should be too.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
can anyone invert the home of poi thing for me? so that the background is black and the lettering is either white or light or something like that, but not invert the fire twirls around the word "home" homesmall i would do it myself, but my comp is old and all my graphics editing software is cheap and sucky (i have a summer job though, so that will all change soon hopefully)Also, are we allowed to use any of the pics on the site? i would like to use some from the pictures section.redbrotherGod bless

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
N8....I think I mentioned (but maybe overlooked it) that I can adjust the photo's to pretty much fit anything. Third one is definately the favorite..because of th emulit tool stuff. I am going to transfer the ones i have from GFM, Noods and myself to Malcolm site for greater ease. One thing I have noticed withthe submissions, I am the only one who didn't use a computer to do them...mainly cause I am a moron about stuff like that, so my rough drafts (and that's all they area have no color.Cheers and keep 'em coming.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Humm, that sounds pretty cool, personally I think a shirt with a catchy phrase on it would be the coolest.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i was thinking something like this
Non-Https Image Link
except my software sucks so i cant change that stupid spinny thing at the top left to be fiery. also, is it okay if i use that pic on there? i got it off the site.

Page: