Forums > Social Chat > The Official 'My First Burn' Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
I thought this may be helpful to the many newbies.... and everyone really. biggrin

There are a lot of 'my first burn' threads so this will cut down on those and help the moderators out... so please feel free to get excited or... whatever really!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
loving the pictures. amazed this is still about. and only on page 5. i had my first burn so long ago i can't remember. my last one was pretty great though. Christmas party for the kids at a local pub. they all loved it an were all shouting 'hayli queen of fire' twas immense!!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
someone come to wisconsin and help me with my first burn

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Loki_the_tricksterSILVER Member
Has sharp edges
1,266 posts

Posted:
If i had the money I would but alas my funds are too darn low.

My ADD makes it so that.....Ooooo SHINY.....wanna go ride bikes....wait....where am I.....

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
so last night, my "student" brandon lit up for the first time. and he did FANTASTIC. unfortunately, he doesn't have internet access for the moment. but if you would like to send him a line and congradulate him, he is on home of poi as 'beavercluster'

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

Fire Taigermember
105 posts

Posted:
w00t for beavercluster!!!!!!!!!

The quest for poi perfection may bring much enlightenment...
and burns
OOUUUUCCCHHHHIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd add to this by noting my first fire session last night, with a couple of friends on Clapham Common.

It was to kind of celebrate one year of learning poi and I managed to carry it off without any major incidents, other than a couple of slight blows to my cotton and leather-insulated body smile

What an amazing sensation, like being in your own little cocoon of light and noise - I'll definitely be concentrating on learning some new moves to incorporate with those I've already picked up and am looking forward to some fire-filled Sunday evenings this Summer biggrin

It may stop, but it never ends.

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
Fire is amazing! I did my first burn at last Play, i remember being very worried, till i remembered i was wasted and therefore invincible! Probably not the safest attitude, but it worked

Did lots of fire spinning at falmouth too - i do poi and staff so while one lot was cooling/refueling the other was being twirled madly!

Well done to everyone who has started playing with fire - you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars

"To alcohol, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!"

Page: