Forums > Help! > Fire Twirling Make-Up :)

Login/Join to Participate

Ningnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Hi all, please help!

I'm trying to find the make up stuff you use on your face (not the neon stuff) you typically use when fire spinning. Where can I get the make up set & guide book on how to apply it accordingly? Thanks much smile

Ning

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
you might want to ask maus
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...word=#poststart

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
hey way ahead of ya!
i buy all my body paints from the local costume shop,whereabouts are you from?(its kind hard to tell you where to get it if i don't know where you are!)

the make-up i use (and find to be the best) is grimas,available from costume/theatre shops and even some joke shops.
as for books theres not much around but if you just wanted basic stuff i know whsmiths and woolworths do books on face painting as do most good book stores,(obviously only applicable if ur in the uk i think)

other than that the best advice i can give you is to find some willing victims and just practise.

your local library may also have face painting books in the kids section,and very possibly something on body painting but you'd have to ask the librarian.

um....other bits of advice.....use waterbased paints,although they do tend to run a little wen you sweat they're far better than oil based paints,as the greasy ones get very slippery if doing contact staff or anything similar.

you can also buy barrier spray for water based paints,againn available from most good costume/fancy dress stores.

hope thats of some help,and if you let me know where u are in the world i may be able to help a little more.

happy painting!x

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
just spotted you're from singapore,in which case the places i just recommende probably don't make much sense.

most good brands can be ordered online if you have that option,other than that the other brands that i can recommend would be:
Grimas-body/face paint
Leichner-traditional stage makeup
Kryolan-stage paints
Ben Nye-effects paints

Snazaroo-is another cheaper alternative to the proffessional body paints,but tends to melt under heat and run a lot quicker.

other than that....google it???

Ningnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Wow, hey thanks much smile Yes I'm from SG and we're a tiny island... will have to import these things over then I suppose. I love the way fire twirlers paint their faces... very Cirque Du Soleil like! Are there any specific books that can guide me towards that certain look?

Thanks for the help! smile

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
www.facepaintingdesigns.co.uk

should find everything you need there!

good luck!x

Ningnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link maus smile