Page:
IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Is it just me or are the 'socks' not really socks at all, there reeeally long, aqnd i dunno about girl socks but mens socks arnt even like...1 8th the size :P

Sock poi are really more like tights arnt they? Call me a dumb ass but where the hell do you buy the 'socks' from?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Sock shops biggrin

-edit- and here wink
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1126195795)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
um socks is merely a description...
you can buy long knee high socks with no ankles and that would make good sock poi... If it makes you feel better you can call them practice poi... but that doesnt really do them justice...

socks arent a big deal., its what you do with them that counts

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Aaah forgive me, im a boy after all and we just dont have socks that long. I didnt know you could even get ones that big, all I could think of was tights and there kinda thin...and how gay would I look buying a pair of tights LOL

Hey thanks for the e-bay link lots of nice colour ideas, but I wanna make my own, soo what shop in real life should I look in? BHS? M&S?...what?

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
dumb ass.....sorry...couldn't resist!!

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I find that market stalls are the cheapest place
you could also try hippy shops and goth shops

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Good idea, but ive changed my mind. I dont want funny looks buying womans socks ^_^

E-bay it is...I just have to be the first to open the package b4 my parents start wondering why I orderd knee length socks

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
say you're buying them for a friend if anyone cares enough to ask you, its hardly a 'gay' thing to do, buying socks is buying socks, you could even say you're buying them to make poi.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
lol this thread is so funny...

dude you could even sew some but your mates might call you gay for picking up needle and thread... oh you would have to get fabric...

yep the verdit is in... male poiers are gay!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol ubblol i didnt mean it like that dromepixie. Its just (call my old fashiond) but ladys socks are for ladys :P

*sigh* my paypal is being a bitch its telling me my cards being refused when I know ive got enough in my bank account I got a statement 3 days ago, so the questions back on, where do you buy socks from?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
go to the market lol if needs be, ill buy you some and post em to you!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
god! dude sorry to if i sound a bit annoying but just go into any girls clothes shop and look for some socks, any that are long enough, altho u can get cool ones that are stipey and cool colours, or just go to a market like others say and while your doing this just don't worry bout what people think cos it doesn't really matter does it?

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
if you're that worried about it why don't you get a girl friend to go and get some for you??

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
tapes Joe on the head and waits for the echo

Are you seriously telling me that you can't walk into a shop and buy a pair of socks because they are 'girls' socks??? Jeez........

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I remember some of the HoP boys went round the whole of Camden testing the elasticity of pretty much every pair of knee-length girls' socks there.

I never think twice about buying men's clothes for someone else, and plenty of guys buy clothes or underwear for their girlfriend. It's just socks!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Mine are actually socks, my dad's old rugby socks biggrin

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"I remember some of the HoP boys went round the whole of Camden testing the elasticity of pretty much every pair of knee-length girls' socks there."
I bet that was Pyrowill wasnt it wink

I used to have a pair of sock poi.. which were in fact just my old rugby socks. Long and red. Like a long red snake. But they tangled better than snakes though smile

But really Joe, if you cant go into a shop to buy socks..... theres little hope for the future of the Empire frown

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
The difference between tights and socks is probably the fact they are joined together... got the whole skin tight crotch thing going on. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ok, first off, get over buying girls socks. i'm sure that shop assistants have seen peolpe buying a lot more embarrassing things then a pair of socks, especially a pair the you don't intend to wear.

secondly, the one's that i use look like they are meant to be footy socks or something. nothin girly about em smile i bought them at a shop in australia called target that i guess is like a department store. but i'm sure you could get them in a sports shop, then you'd look manly tongue

go get em tiger

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
For god sakes I only asked a question, fine yes I do get embarresed about what people think thats just me, im sorry were not all like you im only human. Some of us dont have thick skin ok. Now if your not gonna say anything usefull piss off

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i have some wicked socks, well ankle warmers really, made of wool and don't stretch too much.i got them in the sock shop whilst my female freind was trying her best to embarras my by holding up pairs of pants and askin what i thought, so i played her at her own game and said they'd look better on her bedroom floor when we got back to hers. all i did was tie a knot in one end put a tennis ball in each one and roberts ya fathers brother i have sock poi for under £8

i had to sew in some finger straps because they're quite short but i love them hug

and they glow under u.v. light ubbloco
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1126271267)

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Claire's Accessories and Topshop usually sell long socks - they are almost always more expensive than a market stall though and usually don't have as good a range. Sports shops will also sell rugby socks, but they're never as pretty.

They're not women's socks anyway, I think they look great on a man. :P One size fits all, right wink

"Take that, math!"

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I find market stall ones stretch waaaay to much... Topshop ones are good but you might find someone else has the same... (Isnt that rite puresock!!!) xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
yup, just go on a sock adventure, you'll have fun, really wink

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: University Can Offer Future

"I remember some of the HoP boys went round the whole of Camden testing the elasticity of pretty much every pair of knee-length girls' socks there."
I bet that was Pyrowill wasnt it wink

ubblol :lol

Joe first off your being very silly and i shall spank you and drag you into a sock shop whterh its girls or not when i come to manchester soon!
Also if you find it very hard to do so why dont you jsut go into a shop like JJB sports or something, i made some nice sock poi from some rugby or football socks and im sure tehy wont look down on you for buying them either tongue

Dont be a pussy you big girl ubblol

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I ubblove PyroWill! yay! xxx

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I ubblove Joe.
hug

Sorry if what I said seemed a little harsh mate.
*hangs head*

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
No its ok it wasnt you, but anyway it dosent matter. Sorry everyone I shouldnt have snapped like that, I havnt been myself latley.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
If you really can't face buying knee length socks, ask a mate to pop in and buy them for you

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

matty390GOLD Member
71 posts

Posted:
hey ima a guy and i got my socs from a market stall for £1 and made balls from two asda bagsclap (yaay for asda) and filled them with a cup full of rice so got some soc poi for £1.20!!! and dont be afraid of girls socks if you buy them you must be 'comfortable wth your sexuality' and it will earn you many man points ubblol

matt

Page: