Forums > Social Chat > Worst Fears Coming to Life

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
What do you do when your worst fear comes true?

My parents called child protective services on me stating that I am not stable enough for my child. So now councellors and police are investigating me.
My family disapproves of my career (performing) and have been treating me really shitty since my accident. I have swallowed it all so that they could still see my son, because I believe it is important for him to be around family. Those of you who know me know that Noah (my son) is my world. I do my damndest to provide him with a good home, people who care about him, all the love he can absorb...
Thing is, I won't lose him. I know this. However, it just brings all the insecurities I have about being a mother to the surface, and it kills me that my family would do something like this to me.
I am really breaking down here, and just needed to vent. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele, I dont know what to say. I can not believe that anyones parents would do something like that. Your not unstable, your still recovering from a lifetheatining accident.

My goodness, I am sorry but this really pisses me off. If you need anything please let me know.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oooh, I hate this. The problem is that when CPS gets involved, you have to prove that you're innocent.

Pele, get through this. I just can't see you losing him.

And then when it's over, maybe it's time to separate yourself from them. After all, if they could try to take your son from you, they can't really be family, can they?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
As a parent myself I offer you my deepest sympathy for what you are going through. I can only begin to imagine how you must feel, and that it must be a horrid place to be right now. I hope everything works out for you. I don't think you'll lose Noah. But if it were me I would probably never speak to the family members involved again.

Here's a big heap of Hugs to keep you going should you need them.

Are we nearly there yet?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oh Pele,
massive **hugs**

have faith in love

it will all turn out right in the end,
I don't know how,
but it always does.

(if youd seen the blanket, you'd understand that below is the very best i can do in the line of top of the range delux hug-o-saurus rex)

**extra big massive bear hugs wrapped up in a snow leopard blanket**

Drew

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Pele, you have my thoughts at this most awful time.

I'm a firm believer in family, and I can't imagine how awful it would be to have your family betray you in such a way.

Stay strong and remember that the pain you are feeling is also the love you feel for your son. Your intense and powerful love for each other is your strongest and most important attribute. It is your reason for life. And this is what makes you a true mother. Nothing can ever erode that or take it away, so fear not.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
i dont really know what you can say over the net at a time like this. all i can say is that my thoughts are with you

be strong

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Pele I know I am miles & miles away, but if there is anything I can do, from rude jokes to make you laugh, to signing an affadavit that says how much concern you have displayed for your son on this site, I will do it.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
*give Pele a big pink *

Stay strong, and everything should work itself out.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Pele,

What can I say Stay brave and if you need character references you have thousands here on HOP.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I don't think I could put anything in words that'd help or make you feel better, so have a few z instead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
Dude that's reall fuckin shitty. Im currently contesting my dad's application for residency over me and my brother. He's a Proffesional bullshitter (salesman) who lives in nowheresville suburbia, been through 4 wives, beat them all, and now he deems hackney, where he Forced my mum to move to when they were together, unsafe for a child to live in. In my experience it's the "fuckin hippies" as he calls anyone who thinks indi and twirls, that make the best parents. Your life is yours, and while Noah does need a stable home i don't see real any difference between your performing as that of a TV actor. If Noah is the centre of your universe then im so happy for you both. Your parents dont agree with your personality, and i can empathise with that. Take care, and just be there for Noah, thats the best you can do.
Luv and lolli pops to you both

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Pele trust in yourself. You can get through this. All will be well and Noah will be yours no one can take that right away from you.

I suggest that after it is all said and done you confront those who are doing this and politely tell them why what they have done has hurt you so.

The key is do this calmly let them see your point of view.

if they cannot accept you then they dont deserve to see him. They might influence your child later on in life. Do you want that? More like: are you prepared for that?

All will be well Pele just stay strong and everything will work out soon enough.

Love and hugs from across the sea to you and lovely Noah,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
daymn that sucks!!!

like others- i dunno what to say! this is shocking. but- as we say down inder- she'll be right mate. and it will be! you and noah will be happy forever! and it will prove to your family (not that u have anything tp prove anyway) that anything anyone throws in your way will stop you loving and caring for your child.

you have all my love thought, Pele.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm at work here... in between parent conferences coincidentally so I don't have time to write much. Then again, I'm sort of speechless but I did want to give you a huge internet hug. It's unfortunate, not only that people are making your life difficult, but that they are hurting Noah in the process.

Keep on being the wonderful parent you are and don't ever let the frustrations get to your sweet little guy...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I am sooooooo sorry.......

Suddenly nothing I've ever been thru seems even remotely unfair.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
The truth will be known to these people, they will see how good a mother you are and they will see a stable and loving home.

Have no fear Pele, there is no substitute for a great mothers love. Best of luck.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone. Iappreciate the support. I have tried to write my family a note, but I just don't know where to start.

Anyway, Noah and I were interviewed seperately today by the CPS. I will be hearing in a few days what is going on. *sigh* The waiting game ensues.

They were told I am a drunken druggie (no offense to anyone who does partake, but I *never* have and found this accusation offensive).
I was reported as an abuser living out of my car in a slummy unsafe area, though that was very easy to disprove (we are living in a really nice home in a nice suburb). That I hurt my child physically (perish the thought! ). That I starve and neglect my son . THat I leave him completely unattended for long periods of time (he is NEVER without an adult in earshot!).
This list just went on. My friend was here and she was offended for me. It was not pretty.
But, I maintained composure. I did not cry (yet today), and I answered all of her questions honestly and openly, offering her evidence if need be.
I can only hope now, so hope/pray/wish for us. I can't lose my son, I just can't....

[ 07 November 2002, 19:40: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
And I think it is highly unlikely that you will lose you son, sweety. These accusations sound so far from the truth, and easy to disprove with the testimony of your son and your friends.

The allegations are rude and just plain wrong.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:

A prayer for you to the Mother...

For the good of all, may truth and love prevail, that your son can stay safely in his true home, and that your parents can come to understand that who you really are is a good and loving mother.

*As we will, so may it be*

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
keep us informed, my thoughts are still with you...cant imagine what you're going through...

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
ack..wish I'd seen this one a little earlier...

You definitely have my thoughts too, Pele.

I would wait until the stress of the situation has blown over (I can't imagine you losing your son either!) - and then have a good sit down with the family members involved in this.

Could it be they just love Noah to death too... and that what they did was in fact just a misguided act of love? (I think what they did was terrible, don't get me wrong!) Cos that would be better than them doing it just to try and mess you up..

I mean... hmm.. I know agreeing to disagree is the best possible option you guys probably have but at least there's a kind of peace then that they won't try and make anymore trouble for you once they see you are doing great. (And obviously without any of their support!)

hmmm...good luck with it *really* .. and me and a thousand billion other ppl are here for ya too..

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Endermember
68 posts

Posted:
I'd just like to add to these people supporting you. I don't post here much but I do read quite a lot and I'm coming out of my silence a bit to say that I hope everything turns out well for you.

I would say "good luck" but you don't need luck. There shouldn't be any "chance" to do with this subject. I'll just pray that the child protective services people know what they're doing and will see the truth behind the lies that they were told.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Pele, I don't have any advice, but am sending vibes of support Hope it all works out alright in the end.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That's awful Pele! As the allegations are so obviously flase lets hope they realise that they've been dragged into a family feud, not a neglect case.

Best of luck!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Pele I am so...

No, you know what, I'll email you. Think it will mean more that way.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
why are good parents called on, and bad ones let run amok? I am so confused by society. All the best to ya pele,

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Pele
i cannot claim to be the most experienced person when it comes to life but what i have to offer is all yours.
It sounds to me as if this is a time to weigh up EVERYTHING in your life and prioritise them. This is easy in your own head. I do not know you very well but you are a hugely respected figure in this site and have inspired many people and we (i included) have benefited greatly from your presence.
The only person to have a solution to this situation is you. May i suggest that you need to explain to yourself why you prioritised the aspects of your life and also why in that particular order.
I am hoping and guessing that family and performing are the basis of your self.
Please and i cannot state enough how much that what i am about to say is completely unbiased and without malice.
Question why the authorities want to carry out the action. find out the exact source of their reason. Ask yourself is this true. If so correct it. And if untrue (as i truly hope it is)disprove them.
There cannot be a worse moment in life when love is questioned. And only you know the answer.

Sending thoughts and love to you
Keep inspiring us

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Pele, I can't believe this is happening to you, of all people! I don't know you except through your posts on this site - but judging by those I'd say you make a fantastic mother - and I'm sure the CPS will see this, too.

All my love,

Charlotte

everyone's unique except me

Tigurmember
43 posts

Posted:
your parents need to stay out of your life and let you ive they way you want to, they can be involved if you weant them to be or not be

i wish you the best of luck, keep hope, stay on your own path, and stay true to yourself and your son,

icon14 *Holds hand out for handshake*

Dicipline Focus Damage

Page: