Forums > Social Discussion > Accommodation in UK? Quick Question.

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Hey guys...just curious I have no idea about anything in the UK....what would be a reasonable price to pay per night for accommodation in the UK?

I have found some cute little apartments and was wondering what price is quite usual...as I am a tourist I don't want to find out once I get there that I am being totally ripped off...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hehe I just asked the a question pretty much the same as that in the help board the other day smile

No one has answered but frown

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
That sucks...didn't see you question sorry...

Maybe we can both get the answer here then....

I mean I like the look of the price of the unit I have seen but I just want to make sure that because I am a tourist and know nothing about the UK that I am not being ripped off.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Depends where you are in the UK, London is expensive. Rough guide per night...

camping £3 - £10
Bed and breakfast £30 - £60
more fancy hotel £50 - £350

Search about on the internet for hotel websites for more guidance, it really does depend. Or you could try and arrange to crash with friendly HOPpers! smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
It is a unit...for something more long term.

Just a single room with a small kitchen and small bathroom attached.

They are saying $22 per night

https://www.accommodationlondon.net/english/studio-apartment.php

It's the Double or Twin Occupancy one...if you go to the 360 Virtual Tour you can have a look at what we will be paying for too.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Oh... if it's London then I have no clue, it's so much more expensive then anything else! Still 600 a month seems quite expensive for a single room, I think it might be cheaper to have shared kitchen and bathroom.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Depends where in london you want, and to what standard. My one bedroom appartment in Coventry city centre is almost identical in floor plan and size to my sister's old appartment in zone 2 (docklands), which costs over double the rent of mine.

The photos in the url you gave are taken with an extremely wide angle (see the curving at sides). Depending on where in zone 2 it is, i'm not really suprised at all by 600 a month for something of that size with those features.

Really what you're paying slightly extra for thou is the fact that it's an enclosed space (ie you're not sharing) and you can have it for however long you want - no minimum contract.

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
I used to pay £1040 for a two bedroom flat (very similar style to the pics on the site) located in zone 2 (Camberwell). Two points to consider:-

How much are you realisticly going to be able to earn when you arrive? Do you have any money to pay for a few weeks rent as contigency?

Location - transport is expensive, you don't wanna end up travelling for an hour to work in a minimum wage job then jumping back on the tube/bus for another hour home. I think from the website the apartment is in Willsden Green, an area which I don't know that well personally, but it's on the Jubilee Line.

Assuming £95 per person per week thats £760 a month. A tad on the expensive side, but you do have a self contained place. If you could afford that I'd be tempted to say just go with that and save the hassle of finding a hourshare, but houseshares would be a lot cheaper. Also, as flid mentioned, there's no minimum cotract to be tied down with.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.