Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, do you ever find that you have patterns to the names of the people in your life?

For example, the women in my life all tend to have uncommon names...Reed, Allyson, Noelle, Denise, Pauline, Bernice, Paula, Irene, Danielle, Michie, Rafiqa... none of these are really common names, at least not around here.

However, the men tend to fall into patterns.

I know no less than 6 Jims. They all are fun loving, tend to be fix-it guys, very inventive, kind and giving.

I know about 5 Christophers, and they all preferred to be called Chris. They are all extremely artistic, mellow, nature loving, inquisitive, caring, adventurous and all of them have a great sense of humor and quick wit.

I know 4 Marks. Each of them plays it safe in life, tend more towards 9-5 living and computers. They are the strong types, but are very social and funny.

Now, I am not saying this is true for every person with those names. I just found it extremely interesting how I have such extreme repetitions with similar personality traits (obviously each is still a very unique individual though) in the males, but the women are all quite diverse.

Anyone else run into something like this?
I think it is really interesting but it gets confusing when I tell stories! lol

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
interesting...i've known a lot of kellie/kelly/kelli's (male & female), & adrians (again male & female - though they all had different nicknames...), & liz's (who all seemed to be called liz, not elizabeth), my ex adam had a best mate adam, i know too many megans!! ubblol i could go on...

i haven't really noticed a pattern in people's names...but now that you mention in pele, i'm going to look into it! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
I have a fairly unusual name and have only met another with my name once before in the past, however I have noticed 2 other people on HoP called Bryn as well.

So are all people called Bryn jugglers? smile

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pele

I know about 5 Christophers, and they all preferred to be called Chris. They are all extremely artistic, mellow, nature loving, inquisitive, caring, adventurous and all of them have a great sense of humor and quick wit.

you know another Christopher... only if you call him by his RN, he preferes Christopher... That's the name his mother gave him... use the whole thing or sumthing else altogetha! Dunno about being artistic or quick witted tho'! But the rest tends to run true!

i know very few people with the same names... altho there are a few marks... but they're all quite different from each other, and i know 2 john's who are not very alike either!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I knew at least 5 Sarah's and 8 or 9 katie's. Mark's Matthew, David, Richard and Michael were common too.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Page: