Page:
linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ok so im thinking of getting a tattoo

at the moment (and for the last few months) i think the best one to get done is a version of my avitar - probably in black - on my left shoulder

i was just wondering if any one had any thoughts or advice on this as well as voting if you think it would be worth it tongue and yes if i get it done i will post pics biggrin

thanks

sam ubbrollsmile hug

well (as i say further on) i have a tatto and im very pleased with it

its as i said it would be and there is a pic in my gallery smile

thanks for all the advice and tips from you all hug grouphug hug

smile much love smile ubblove smile your all amazing :P

EDITED_BY: linden rathen (1126992129)

back

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but make sure its exactly what you want.
You CAN have them removed...but it HURTS.

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
yea ive been putting it off snise about march to make sure its what i want and im pretty sure smile i definately dont want to have to get it taken off

back

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
try getting a semi-permanent style one first, to make certain that it's right for you.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
mm i agree, go for a henna one or something first, you know, just to be sure. smile

thegreatnonamemember
58 posts

Posted:
get one and never look back.

Isn't sanity a one trick pony? Rational thought is all you get but when you are crazy the sky is the limit.

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
reminds me of a tatt i designed for my ex... https://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11358756/

thought it looked pretty good... the only thing though, with a design like that you ahve to make sure that tattooist knows what they are doing because you can instantly tell if straight lines arent straight or if a circle isnt a perfect circle... but go for it i say!!

i procrasitinated about getting both my tatts and i love them both and could never imagine me not having them. both have so much meaning to me! but yeah... if you have been thinking about it for ages and the same design keeps coming back at you. GO FOR IT!!!!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i say get a practice one for a while, see if you like having it there and see what people say.

Do we sleep when we die?

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I used to do mehndi. I'd try the design out first, it would last up to a month, to see if I liked it. My advice is go to someone who does Mehndi/henna, but not the crap you see at markets, get the real stuff.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I heard some good advice on here somewhere...

Get a picture of what you want, and put it in a place you'll see every day - If your not sick of it by the end od the month, go for it smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Captain_Hi_TopBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
if its on your shoulder you wont see it all that much-
just go for it-i got three stars on my right anckle had them for 3 years and i love them -i say go for it juggle

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw
a revolver at him?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I think FRD is refering to what i said in the piercings thread, I put a pictures up on the wall and look at it every day but normally for a few months. Its a really easy way to tell if you're going to still like it I've designed loads and only a few have made it to the ink stage because i realised that i would regret a lot of them.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Are you sure it's what you really want? I dunno, but by personal experience I got mine because it meant something. I personally wouldn't just get a pattern...But if you like it, and you want it then go for it.

Tattoo removal can be very expensive. smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I normally think these things through for a while (a year for my first small tattoo) then last year on spur of the moment i got a large shoulder peice.
I love it. partly thanks to a great tattooist. it has faded a bit due to too much exposure to the sun as it healed but wouldn't change it for the world

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

dingynewbie
2 posts

Posted:
tatoo is a great thing u have ever get..
go 4 it..

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Just do it!

Both my tatoos were misty thoughs in my head for a while and then on the spur of the moment I'd get the tatoo artist to finalise my idea and ink me. (Fair do's, I knew the tattoist beforehand so trusted him).

Both my tattoos are quite big, one that wraps and is the length of my right arm, and one that wraps around from my left hipbone and right around my thigh. Two very big life-choices to make, especially for a girl and at such a young age ( was just 17/18 at the time).

Luckily I have a job where I wear a suit, so it's completely covered at work, but the one on my arm at least limits the stuff I can wear in work situations.

I will tell you one thing though, I would'nt change them for the world! I have at no point regretted either of them, and Ive had them for a few years now.I don't think I will ever regret them. The one on my arm means something to me, the one on my leg is more decoration, but both embody significant turning points in my life, and bring back only the fondest of memories.

Just do it! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
My back peice reminds me of a tough time that I have since gotten through. A permanent reminder to be myself.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
cool thanks biggrin

roarfire - it does mean something to me although i didnt come up with it :P its a symbol meaning creation

my only realy reservation about it is that i think it looks a bit like a cult symbol tongue

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
There's only one flaw in the poll... there's no "meh" option smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i want a tattoo but im afraid of needles frown

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol you know i still want the massive back one but i wanna small one first and i need a lot of cash for the big one tongue

back

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
do it - all of my tattoos have been somewhere between impulse and thought-out ideas, and i love them. plus that design is awesome.

just make sure you are sitting naturally when the tattoo is done, otherwise it will look a tiny bit odd.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
can they make the tattoo spin as well??
That would be the coolest tat in the world.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lmao i wish they could smile would probably annoy the hell out of the artist though trying to do it as it span

back

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
do it, 2 of my tattoo's were done on total impulse, and i love them...they bring back memories of certain times of my life. i wouldnt change them and i certainly wouldnt get them removed! biggrin

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Written by: squarexedge

just make sure you are sitting naturally when the tattoo is done, otherwise it will look a tiny bit odd.

You only need to make sure that you are standing/sitting naturally whilst they are tracing it on so that its not all wonky. Once you're being needled it doesn't matter so much, unless they are doing it freehand. It was a mission getting my wings central but once they were drawn on i ended up sitting in all sorts of postions to get comfy and so that the tattooist could get to the different parts of my back without leaning on the bits he'd already done!

If you truely want it, get it...BUT only get it because you want it, not because we're all saying 'do it do it!!'

and be warned Tattoos are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!! It is such a buzz getting it done biggrin

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lmao thanks for the tips smile i was almost 100% certain i wanted it

my only real douts were about the design but i think using slightly curved lines on the squares (yes they are curved) rather than perfect squares will will better smile

so i think im gunna go for it - will try having it just doodled on my arm for a while first though before getting it done fully

back

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*bump
jst for some more opinoins

back

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
can you post a pic of it not spinning round so we can see it properly? my eyes are going funny!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
be careful with palcement - if you want a back job later on - save that part of your skin - otherwise you will have to integrate the smaller ink into the larger work - it's easier to have a blank canvas to fill...

my first tattoo was straight lines and circles - understand that you will not always end up wth straight lines or perfect circles - I'm cool with that, as it's part of the symbolism of the design, but symetrical tattoos will stretch and change shape over time.

I think for small symetrical tattoos it's harder to find an artist who can execute that well than it is to find an artist to freehand well...so I'd advide on looking through their portfolio very well and trying to find examples of similar work...

just my 2 cents...
ubbrollsmile

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol thaks ade smile that was something that was concerning me a bit was how well it would be possible to do a series of stright lines and circles ok im gunna up load a pic of it to my gallery smile

back

Page: