Forums > Social Discussion > Teaching Kids Poi, Any Advice?

Login/Join to Participate

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Tommorrow I'll be attempting to teach some primary school kids some poi. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience teaching this age bracket and if there's any helpful advice you can give. It's a small group of about a douzen rangeing in age from about five to twelve.

Should be a blast but I'm a little worried about injuries. Thanks you.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
My number one piece of advice, when teaching kids or anyone else, is to run a search. You'd be amazed at what's been discussed before, like [Old link] and [Old link]. If you've a specific question you're more likely to get a reply by bumping an old thread.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
morning gordon.

i've got some stuff to send you.

smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Ah thanks for the threads flid, I look stupid now frown (hehe, I'll train the kids to dislike anyone matching your disciption so mabey one day you'll meet one of them and I'll get my revenge. kahaha)

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

If you've a specific question you're more likely to get a reply by bumping an old thread.

But less likely to get a reply by Flid. Which is all we really want anyway. hug

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hi Jeff,

Don't know if this is any help to you:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=2

I used this for teaching children - really simple poi making instructions. It occupied them for as long as the actual teaching (about 1.5 hours).

Jo. smile

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!