Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok well its confirmed.

IVe booked the date in, and so now we have a lovely big Hall with a Kitchen and toilet block, along with a big ass campign area and flat area to use for the weekend! sept 30, Oct 1, 2 and 3. Its in a beautiful location only 5 minutes from the closest Public Transport and Supermarket, or 25 minutes by car from the Adelaide GPO. We can arrange transport to and from the site from the Bus stop given a bit of notice.

We've also bought a big ass markee to use as a 2nd learning area if the workshops get too big to fit in the hall.

I was thinking we could also have a bit of a party on the saturday night if people were able to chip in for a PA...

so yeah - if you are interested in something or doing something else - say so!

and yes - there will be a large campfire, and a big fire spin.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1117711328)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
www.commonground.ca
www.commonground.org
wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no fook money, i means the one for the common ground hop meet up monek nuts

it might not belisted on google for a list of reasons, shut up andgo back to work wink

Step (el-nombrie)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hmm, at the moment, it doesnt look like im gona be able to make it to moonfest like id hoped, but since the bus to adelaide is less than half price, its looking quite good for me.

cheers, pete hug bounce

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: Katinca

Well we are looking at weekend of the 14th of January.

It will more than likely be held in a recreation/caravan park closeish to Adelaide and a 10 minute walk from the beach, pool, volley ball net and kiddy play equipment wink. With a bush walk in a conservation area next door.

These are still ideas, just floating them to see what ppl are doing.

It will go ahead anyway but it might just be the Adelaide crew there if no one from interstate is up for summer fun. I know summer is an expensive time. smile

pick me, pick me bounce2

i'm coming down to adelaide to work at the fringe and i was going to arrive around the 20th of jan, but that has just been revised to the 4th jan. i will probably only be able to go on the weekend, but seing as though i know almost no-one in adelaide it sounds like a fine thing to do for a weekend!

guess i'd better start seriouly practicing poi so i'm not embarassed...perhaps i could ask the spunky shirtless french boys spinning in the backyard for some tips wink

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
ubblol
well seeing the spunky shirtless French boys are Stef and Jay, the hottest spinners I ever saw (and not just cos it's Brissy in the summer...) that's probably a good plan, Tilly!
You SAians will be fortunate to have Miss Moo at your beachside campout, her laugh is enough to bring the tide in!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

You SAians will be fortunate to have Miss Moo at your beachside campout, her laugh is enough to bring the tide in!

thanks gabe hug you are so good for my ego
what am i going to do when i am away for 3 months?? i will come back a blubbering, self esteemless mess eek

Dr Suess

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i can make a commonground subdomain if youse want!!.... gimme a yell guys!!!
bill

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo - would be tops to have you there Bender... now all we need to do it snaffle Kyle and DSS hehe biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: pineapple pete

hmm, at the moment, it doesnt look like im gona be able to make it to moonfest like id hoped, but since the bus to adelaide is less than half price, its looking quite good for me.

cheers, pete hug bounce

eek ubbcrying But but..

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im sorry ry, but at the moment its lookin like im not even gona make it to adelaide frown

all my plans are still pretty open, so i'll figure it out soon... ish.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

693 posts

Posted:
So peoples,

I'm looking for approximate numbers now. I need to make a booking for that time. I think you are looking at about $6-$10 a night and then you will need to provide your own food etc..

A few other details, but as I said b4 just throwing around ideas. And seeing whose up for it??

Takers?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
aight, ive worked it out. sorry, but i can only afford to go to either brisbane, or no where.

see you all in october *snug*

cheers, pete hug

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: Katinca

So peoples,

I'm looking for approximate numbers now. I need to make a booking for that time. I think you are looking at about $6-$10 a night and then you will need to provide your own food etc..

A few other details, but as I said b4 just throwing around ideas. And seeing whose up for it??

Takers?

i am tentatively intersted, depending on logistics of getting there, and when i have to work smile

Dr Suess

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
obviously i will be there... theres really no excuse 4 me is there... sori to miss all you interstate ppls smile

693 posts

Posted:
That right Brett theres no excuses for you or any other locals...

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Um..I cant see which weekend it is on....
One of our ppl is interested

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
sorry crew - I dont think we are going to be able to organise this - as we are going to be out of town til like the 8th or the 10th.

I feel ferry dodgy about this frown

Perhaps someone else who isnt going away for the summer could organise it? :looks at Ben:

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Hey BrettStar wave

you mentioned in Baccory's intro that this might be happening again soon! bounce

any idea of when that might be? i'm down south until mid-may although i have had so little chance to practice i may embarass myself next to all you uber-talents redface

Dr Suess

DaizBRONZE Member
Radioactive Member
106 posts

Posted:
Shouldn't this be a private message????

I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I ain't cut you up so bad.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: WilliamDeyl

Shouldn't this be a private message????

Maybe, maybe not... could be that one of the CommonOrganisers will spotto this and be sparked to post a General Notice of Datage.... which would be a Fine Thing... smile

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
thankx gabe

btw, i love your new signature clap - a philosophical word play - right up your alley!

(and i don't care if that should have been a PM rolleyes)

Dr Suess

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
preparations are beginning for this years common ground (most likely be the same long weekend in october) the local community was really pleased with last years event, at the meeting following the issue of insurance was brought up, so we have to sort out insurance before we can rebook the venue this year.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
See, it worked!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
aye october ish be ye date of ye ground thart be arf comern rrr... pirate rrr... yeah so it will be ...'uber'... *awaits legal suit from rob regarding copy rights to the workd uber... and yes adelaide crew... organisational meetings soon yes... any suggestions form all you other onlineish ppl? peace

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*wiggles and wiggles and wiggles*

WE LOVE COMMON GROUND ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
can we have hippo racing? ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Wow that's even more dangerous than eek eek firespinning eek eek *cue scary music*

Did you know that

*Out of all the animals in Africa, hippos cause the most deaths each year. Hippos run faster than men can and they are very territorial.*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
eek common ground..those words make me happy bounce2 biggrin

hug me!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, liability insurance eh? I don't know how far into researching it you guys are, but I really, really hope that it doesn't make the event a legal impossibility. The need for public liability insurance, DA's etc for doofs here in Sydney make it really hard to do parties the legal way.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: BrettStar

aye october ish be ye date of ye ground thart be arf comern rrr... pirate rrr... yeah so it will be ...'uber'... *awaits legal suit from rob regarding copy rights to the workd uber... and yes adelaide crew... organisational meetings soon yes... any suggestions form all you other onlineish ppl? peace

psssssssst brett thats pirate not scottish tongue

ed you bring the hippos ill bring the ..... racing? ubblol

as for liability insurance i think we just need it for the fire show as hall has general public liability (otherwise they couldnt hire it out at all)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Page: ......