Forums > Videos > Overcoming Camera Shyness

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
To overcome a fear, you are meant to confront it. So here is my attempt to overcome camera shyness.

Thanks to my brother for the wizarding camera genius and my sister for being cool!

So here it is. It is meant to be a therapy video so please don't be too harsh!!! ubbangel

Hope you enjoy! redface

Broadband 16mb

Dial Up 6Mb

Full Fat! 51mb

EDITED_BY: Pink...? (1115544089)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Very nice, Pink. Really liked it. Perhaps in the next video youd be willing to put your hair back and lift that chin up a bit so we can see your pretty face more? smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Ditto.
smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ditto

how cute and fluffy biggrin, see cameras are your friend now. watch out for the sheep though wink

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Cute Little Burning BallBRONZE Member
101 posts

Posted:
lovely Spinning and very nice Video! clap now that u´ve become a star cool ppl will be wanting some more... rolleyes

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hun you spin beautifully and you look gorgeous. You have no reason what so ever to be camera shy! hug When do we get Vol II?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Lucky you scared away that teeny cow-monster before it ated you eek

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
oh and I like that Helen gets credit for her jumper holding skills. After so many years going unrecognised....

wink

Meh

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hey, this is a really good video! I love how it gives a real sense of place with the great scenery. And soe nice artistic shots like the one with the focus on grass in the foreground. And the music fits as well.

From the shyness I was thinking maybe you were a newbie as far as poi itself goes, but lots of hard tricks! Very nice waist wrap and hyperloop stuff. Don't know how long you've been spinning, but keep that up and you'll have some super-crazy stuff pretty soon.

And nice car.. smile

Cheers,
Shawn

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Actually, I just wish there was an even higher res version, though I'm sure hosting is an issue. A couple of sections looked pretty pixelated at full-screen. Busy backgrounds like that are murder on compression.

But other than that, great stuff. smile

Shawn

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
Yay! great vid... great song (yay Lemonjelly!)... great spinning!

wow 5bt btb waistwrap turns!

great sense of spinny movement style as well -- sure to improve as you get over your shyness... especially around 1:30 where you really start to groove a bit, and around 3:30 the close-up stuff looked like you were totally groovin...

I was quite camera shy for a long time, but then spinning (and dying my hair with blue highlights) helped me get over it. Hard to really flow when the camera's pointed at you, though...

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
clap nice one! That was a really pretty, happy vid! biggrin So glad you've got over your camera shyness, and what a way to do it! smile

When's the next one coming? wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Thank you all ever so much for your lovely comments.

Firstly - no the little cow monster luckily didn't attack me

- the car is my sisters (she likes fast cars)

- The editing was done by my bro and me (well me saying, "no i look really ugly in that shot" a lot.)

- We are now putting up a big whopper of a file if anyone wants the full fat version.

- And lastly... I still can't believe i have posted a video on here eek redface Don't expect my courage to be up to making another one for a while yet!!

hug2

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pink...? hun, you are not and have never been ugly! Get back in front of that camera and show me some more moves I can learn!

hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

mrprolapsenewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hello, I am Pink's bro, and helped her do this vid! I have to say that most of the idea's were hers and she looked very pretty in my opinion!

Thanks to all for you comments, I am not strictly a poi person, but I really enjoyed shooting pink! ubblol I will try to persuade her to do more vids!!!

Glad you liked the car.. brummmm brummm! biggrin

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Very nice Pink!! I loved the music!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Can I just say - SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

does this mean that you won't run away when I point a camera at you next time we meet Alice?? wink

And not only is it a nice car, its a fine choice of colour too! biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
SHEEP SCARER! eek

We had to hide our sheep's eyes! You should add a "not suitable for small sheep!" disclaimer to the link!

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I like it. Nice scenery smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
pink, we have been telling you for a long time you are pretty, and have no reason to be worried about be on camera!

thats a lush vid, well shot, with lots of good moves in it, you have no reasons not to wnat it online!

and you know it

well done lady hug
biggrin

do you wnat me to upload it to poiinthepark, so that you dont have to worry about the mailing link expiring?

Step (el-nombrie)

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Pink's got a video! Wooooo! Lovely stuff indeed, nice locations biggrin Those 5 beat waistwrap thingies are lush, I didn't think 5 beat behind the back could be done neatly... smile Well done for overcoming your shyness!

"Take that, math!"

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Huge hugs to Pink. your bloody brave hug and fantastic all at the same time hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Brilliant stuff Alice smile

I remember seeing you spin at Falmouth and thinking why on earth I hadn't seen a vid of you before. Both on screen and in person its beautiful to watch smile

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing more (on screen or in person) soon biggrin

hug

Chutney

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Top vid Alice! Can't imagine how long it'd take to do what you do! My waistwrap is only just starting to come together now frown!

Brilliant camera work Pink's bro.. you two should collaborate more often!

Keep up the good work!! clap clap clap

ps. Downloaded the fully fat file one and a half times.. halfway through the first time the server reset the connection. Do I get extra points? smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
wow that was really beautiful alice hug loved your body movement and some really cool body shapes, love the pose at 1.26 ill be adding that to my repetour smile. your hairs looking fab loved the artsy filming of hair flicks. the filming style and location where really nice to i really liked the variety

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
Amazing video, stunning locations only appreciated in the 50mb download, Would have loved to see a day to night transiton somewhere in the movie going from socks to fire or glow or somethin. Your BTB stuff was top, the zoom ins were like sexy slow motions from classy movies, haha it was brilliantly compiled. Song matched well, haha lemonjelly makes some crazy beats, i have this one song where he has some crazy guy making noises at the biginning. Anyway 5star poi vid. Really liked it.

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yay for Pink videos biggrin

We like very muchly

and a big Yay for sheep in videos - need or of these please people wink

*Tries to think of pun involving sheep and Circles of light - but gives up*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
absoutley amazing, amazing video. all of the elementa were put together very nicely. and as much as i love fire, sometimes it is nice to be able to see the whole poi, including the chain/sock/etc, and being able to see some more of the person doing the dancing is sometimes good too. especially when someone wants to watch the video and possibly learn something from it...

kudos to you for putting the video here... would say it took a lot of guts, but with a video like that it is more just common sense smile

I have only been dancing about a year, and I started staff then it was stolen so i started poi and lost so much of my staff skills and now i finally have some new staves and other fun toys, and my troupe had a big performance and i am confident on stage in My troupe, even though i am not the best there, but i wouldnt dream of posting a video to this site, because i watch the vids here and drool on a regular basis. 5bt btb waist wrap? i literally just ::started:: to get regular 3bt btb this morning at like 3 am when i was procrastinating from a research paper, and for the life of me, now matter how many threads i read, i have no clue how to do a waist wrap...

SO since i will NOT be posting any videos any time soon, you should prolly go ahead and post a couple extra smile

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the 50meg version of the video. Makes a big difference in the quality. smile

Shawn

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
i swear one of those sheeps went moo shrug

Anyways, loverly vid, loverly girl hug

I love the camera work, twas nice... ubbrollsmile Yay! hug

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Nice stuff Alice. Bens not fibbing we watched it lots and lots and were very impressed by your unreal video.

Thankyou for sharing with us. hug hug hug

Nice hair too. biggrin biggrin clap clap clap

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: