LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Somewhere in the deep dark expanses of the internet, I stumbled upon this site. They are essentially tiny little super bright LED lights that you put inside of a balloon that lights it up, either strobing or constant. I saw the site, I saw the video on that site, and I thought of the amazing spinning potential for those little doo dads.. especially since they're marketed as "disposable" even though the batteries can be changed, and sell at $1.74US each. I'd think they would make great little tracers...

Has anyone else heard of these things or actually seen one in person?

https://www.balloominator.com/index2

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
hmm yeah, what your saying could be cool, u could also put them on parts of your chain for different effects, but if u try anything with them, show us some pictures i would love to see how it works out

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
Great spotting, does anyone know where to get them in Australia?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
those are pretty groovy!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Magumbonewbie
1 post

Posted:
What you would want to use for twirling is the new V5 Balloominators that'll be out and available in about three weeks. They're 2.5X brighter and are constant or flashing capable. I understand a big floating and glowing pyramid of helium balloons will be using them this year at Burning Man.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
UK people...they don't post to UK but you can get them on ebay.co.uk just type in balloon lights...they might send to aussies too 88jack88 or be on aussie ebay

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
Holy crap! I Have a couple of those already. They were just giving the out with little clips on them in the city. Throwing them in some poi as I'm typing. I'll tell you how i go...

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
same product name here in Oz jack? the promo give out have a melbourne contact?

88Jack88newbie
21 posts

Posted:
There weren't any markings on them. It was around new year's last year. The're certainly bright enough but I can't stop mine flashing. This would be fine except it takes "ages" between the flashes so you only get glimpses of your trick

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
You need to set a load of them flashing at different times, so that at least a few of them are on at any one time. That'd make them look good.

I'm quite tempted to try and order some of these to have a play around...

"Take that, math!"

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i bought a couple from ebay and they are nice and bright but as 88jack88 pointed out, the flash is relatively slow.

I got 4 so i'll try putting 2 in each poi and get them to flash at different times...hopefully...i'll see how it goes!