Page: ...
Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
So all you lovely people - it's time again biggrin - who's coming this year ?

Tickets go on sale this sunday (3rd April) at 9 AM here: Aloud.com ... good luck .. took 8 hours last time ... ubbloco

Mike wave

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
yep, i know exactly how you feel - cause i feel the exact same way. i just want to be at home now, so i can go to bed + have the time till tomorrow go by as fast as anything.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
its like i'm little again and waiting for santa lol

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
YAY! My Glasto pilgrimage starts in 25mins with a boat trip to the mainland! Phew, what a manic day i've had, maybe i'll tell u all about it chilling in a field! smile

See you all there! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

hug

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
whhooo hhoooo. i'll be offically finished work in 15 minutes. i can't wait. this has got to have been one of the longest afternoons ever.
can't wait to meet ye all in pennards.
if i'm feeling deviant i might head up to dragon to see if there's any camping left there.

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I'm heading down tomorrow, should reach Worthy Farm at midday I reckon.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

etc.

ahem

biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quick post before I read the Ireland thread.
See you all there.

bounce

Say "Whoopdeedoo for Jam" if you ring me. smile

Getting there early Tomorrow morning.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Cool - just got up from sleeping recovery. Fantastic time, missed the river running through the green fields by about 30 feet!!. Have piccys and videos from the flood - the newspaper doesn't do it justice. Was a lush weekend - the rain didn't spoil it that much....

...Loved meeting all you guys that went. Really made my weekend. Photos on the way.

I have a few photos of Chimaera, X Fire and Te Pooka so hopefully i might be able to put them on CD for people.

Trippie - the grow light has been installed biggrin wink

Gayle.....!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Just got home, had a wicked time! I saw the Levellers (brilliant), a bit of Royksopp, some of the Fatboy Slim set (which looked awesome, specially with the smiley face specs they gave out) on my way to see Roy Ayers, DJ Format, Coldplay, Brian Wilson and Basement Jaxx.
Possibly of more interest to people on this site, I also saw the fantabulous te Pooka's 'Cabaret Saute' and the stunning Chimaera fire show and the highly amusing Xfire show.
On other notes, I have now witnessed a man dancing in the various stages of being in and out of a large purple bubble, learnt that you can buy bubbles which pop with a flame and demons telling people to go to confession.
It was also really great to see some familiar faces, and to meet some new ones.
It's been an amazing few days, with sights ranging from the horrific to the beautiful and then the downright wierd. I loved every minute of it. Now I'm going to eat and sleep.
hug to all who I met out there

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
I somehow managed to meet all you lovely HoP people on Wednesday, set up my tent, and promptly vanish into the festival chaos. Apologies for going missing all weekend, I don't quite know how it happened smile

It was lovely to meet you all, thankyoo for your kind offers of donuts and tea and suchlike! I will see you all again at Falmouth and/or Play, I'm sure, and maybe I won't have anywhere to run off to then!

Oh yeah, and the festival was awesome. Dresden Dolls were a big highlight for me, as were LCD Soundsystem and Bright Eyes. I somehow managed to miss most of the good circus stuff, but I did get to see a man playing a saw, so I guess it's all ok.

"Take that, math!"

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Have just slept for 12 hours and feel almost human.....hurrah!

I just wanted to say wave to everyone I met at Glastonbury from HoP and to say thanks to Gayle for the fab pics and for twisting my rubber arm to do my first fire spin...at the stone cirle...at dawn...at Glastonbury! WildChild for the lend of the fire poi and Trippie for filming it. Thank You! ubbrollsmile

Really enjoyed the bands, fireshows and random-ness of it all. The crazeeeee last night at the stone circle was hilarious. I swear that LazyAngel did not learn those female tennis player grunts from me! wink The man covering himself in baby oil and climbing inside a 5ft purple balloon and dancing around was odd and fab to the extreme....like watching a lifesize Ribena berry! WooOoot!

Again, Gayle, those pics are fab. Thanks for posting them. beerchug also thanks to all at the Te Pooka stall for their hospitality. You're all stars.

hug to everyone and see you at Falmouth

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mraaak!

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
what in the name of all that is human was that noise?

Too many comunal beans smile

Viva UGLY STAFF

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
ha ha.
what a brilliant weekend. and though i searched and searched for a tent with a HOP flag above it, find it: i did not. and i really wanted to meet up with you all. ah well.

the highlight of the weeked for me was the bravery - go dirt + your naked guitar playing. madness.

i missed the guy in the purple baloon - that sounds a little crazy.
i managed not to fall over in the mud - but my pants were just as muddy anyway.
caberet saute was funny, though it wasn't what i had been expecting at all. did anyone see chas n' dave (your dad) and that jason webley (??) guy before them? they were hillarious.

so yea - can't wait to go again. it'll be 2008 for me (i'll be in new zealand for 2007) and it can't come fast enough.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
so I take it the rumours are true and that Glastonbury will not be running in 2006?

Damn I so wanted to go when we got to the UK.

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
yep - not rumours - truth.
they have a fallow year every 6 or something to give everyone (including the cows and fields) a rest.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
*poutz*

Oh well at least I can go in 2007.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
rah!
that was amazing.
Saute was ok, not brilliant, but it certainly made us laugh, and the audience was enormous the second night...
playing with Orkestra Del Sol was incredible - we played the drifts stage at lost vagueness with Carnival COllective fro brighton, and i have never played a better gig smile
then off up to the stone circle for musical madness - i hear all of hop ws the other side of th ecircle frown but i'm told the sounds of brass were audible all the way ovr past the other stage.
and my trombone was nicked frown
and removed from its new owner and given back to me - and as i walked back up into the stone circle and played a few bars i got a huuuuge cheer which made my day.
smile

had a lovely time visiting the stall and teaching a foolish tangles workshop ubblove

and saw and met many lovely people
hug

biggrin
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Well my lot loved every minute.

My fave bits were the Stone Circle on Weds night, the Moulin Rouge atmosphere of Lost Vagueness, the Greenfields and Cabaret/Circusy stuff. Someone here mentioned the puppets... I spent hours in that tent falling about the place with laughter to the bizzare stuff that was on in there.

I spent less time than ever watching the headline bands coz you cant see much and you miss all real atmosphere among the smaller venues. Chas n Dave were a bit shocked at their popularity I think. It was hillarious to see hippies & mohecans crowd surfing to their old cockney pub-rock. And I'll always have a softspot for Billy Bragg who always plays out the leftfield on Sundays.

The Stone Circle, as a lot of you know, really comes into its own before the main events start as there's not a lot else to go and watch. Everyone who lit up for a spin is guaranteed an audience of hundreds, all shouting and cheering for them, it was quite a feeling (especially for me as I'm rubbish!!).

Lost Vagueness was a whole festival in its own right and I loved the decadent behaviour of its inhabitants. The Delux Diner was a fantastic place as was the Ballroom too. I managed to catch funny and talented Hayseed Dixie playing. This is the bluegrass banjo who play metal cover in a country stylie. They played at least two other venues during the weekend too, and everyone I spoke to who saw it said they were a high point for them.

Thanks to our very own Meg who was at the Pooka Toys place for helping me learn some new things to practice with my staff. Inspite of being addled by pear cider I actually retained it all and it's just down to me to practice it now wink

By the way.. Did anyone else see the mime guy doing the slow motion film-action routines with the water pistols? He was amazing! Someone please tell me who that was if you can..

Best of all is the happy smiley random people you meet and befriend all about the place - the festival would be nothing without them smile

Didn't meet many hoppers but at least I paid a visit to the hop camp, all of whom were dilligently practicing spins while all around them were sunburnt and hungover (that's dedication for ya, innit!)

Speaking of sunburn, I hope you recovered ok too Mr BovrilMonkey wink

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
How can you guys write so much?? I'm struggling to keep my eyes open still!

I'm on such a comedown - it happens every year but it still depresses me so much to get back to reality. Time to change reality methinks.....

any hoo - lovely to meet those i did, those I didn't will be a future pleasure I'm sure

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
was an amazing weekend managed to fill up my time in the circus field, dance village, the small world stage and other random places around the green fields.

huge huge thanks to tepooka who diverted the river that was flowing through my tent + for putting on a vey enjoyable show. hug

Also thanks to anyone who came to see our shows was grate to have a big adudences to show it off to.

time to start 2007 prep me thinks biggrin

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I would like to thank, very warmly, the following HoPpers...

House_of_Mill : For being the most upbeat, cheerful person it has ever been my pleasure to meet....

Wild_Child : For ickle lady hugs!

Trippie_Hippie : For not getting pissed off with me when I got pissed off I couldn't explain beats, and for being generous with herbs... And for being a great hugger!

Bovril Monkey : For being an all round lovely chap with an amazing ability with Gaffer Tape!

UCOF : For just being. And for taking me to see Cassetteboy, where I laffed and laffed and laffed

Gayle : For being exuberant...

Guy: For being sunburnt

If I've forgotten anyone I met at Glasto, I am sorry, cos I was a bit pissed. Ayethankyou.

=Also posted in the "pay someone a compliment thread"=

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh man! That was my first glastonbury and it was great!

Highlight for me has to be up on the stone circle hill on the sunday night... That was an amazingly good laugh, and what I think all hop gatherings should be like.

To gayle: Sorry if I seemed a bit evil, but I was very very tired, very stoned, slightly drunk and quite excited, and when I said I wanted to see you spin, I genuinely did, and wouldn't have taken the piss out of you. I have met you twice and haven't yet seen you spin afterall. (Though I feel to that Hoppers are going to be a most difficult audience)

If I offended anyone with my mostly acerbic, sometimes cruel, and trying to be funny heckling, I'm sorry, but I was really enjoying it at the time, and me and ben just went off on one.

I really enjoyed it thou, what with the flameoz reenactments, the ducks, martina navartilova, and the many excellent heckling come backs, it was the best!

Er, yeah.

hugs to all hoppers I met and didn't meet.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Sunday night at the stone circle was probably my favourite part of the festival too, although meeting a girl who claimed that if she didn't have any gum, she'd chew her own face off comes a close second I think eek smile

The whole festival was brilliant though, everyone I met there was fantastic - I can't list everyone so here's a group hug: grouphug

There was far too much great stuff happening to list it all too, although this quote just has to be written down...
Ucof: My balls are swollen
Wild_Child: Yes, they're very firm

I should probably point out that is was said in regards to some of ucof's juggling balls tongue

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Wow. that was fun wasnt it biggrin

My favourite bit was indeed the Sunday night, and I agree, a lot of spinning meetings should be more like that. All of the heckling was done in good spirit, even those we didnt know and who thought that two staves would be easier than one devil

Bov: You have been a star to me. i feel honoured to call you my friend hug thank you for making me laugh, for transporting me to the bristol, for supporting me and for being my rock when I needed one. The dick on a stick will have to be for the next time. Im still trying to find the cows arse gloves. Thank you for wandering around with me so much.

My favourite quote of the week as said by Wildchild and I:

Me: My balls have swolen.

Wildchild: they are a bit firm arent they?

Wildchild: It was brilliant to finally get to know you properly after seeing so little of you at Falmouth. You are fantastic and I want to ask you to come and live in my cupboard. hug

Trippy: hug hug hug You diamond smile thank you for being you. As Flashy said, thank you so much for your generosity with herbage. ever figure out how you got your coat then? umm its a stunner of a coat though. it was brilliant finally getting to properly meet you after all these wierd incidents and problems and just general breakdowns in meeting hug I ubblove you

Mill: You too are a fantastic bloke and one I enjoyed spending evey minute with smile hug thank you too for your herb generosity and other things hug i really look forward to seeing you again

Puresock: Congratulations on being the only person that picked upt he phone and went: Whoopdeedoo for Jam. And even though we really didnt get to see much of you, thank you for brightening up the air around us when you were there. kiss

Rossco: You nutcase. Whered you go? Your tent dissappeared and we didnt get to say goodbye hug2 i wish i had been around you a bit more, i always enjoy your company hug See you in Foul Moth.

Garthy: Thank you for taking us from Bristol to the site. This saved our bacon big time. Thanks for being there, thanks for the dancing, and thanks for letting me watch you jump about like a loon smile hug

EmCeePee: biggrin Youre a c***! Do it again but less shite tongue That sunday night was brilliant. Thank you biggrin I really enjoyed dong the FlameOz reenactment with you, especially the pissing about with each others legs bit smile thank you for letting us sit about, and thanks for letting me unofficially sell things from the stall without any of you realising until i handed you the money. That cracked me up everytime biggrin I look forward to seeing you again soon also hug

Skully: Im glad you mananged to spend the entire festival hidden down my trousers, without anyone realising. smile I told you it would work. hug

Gayle: You made me grin sooo much all week. thank you for your beautiful voice, your fantastic hugs and feel good vibes. hug I only got to see you spin once frown kiss

LazyAngel and Winged Avenger: Once again, I didnt see much of you, but for the times I did, you made me smile smile Than you for being there and for adding to the whole experience. hug I did enjoy both of your grunting wink hug2 kiss

T&B: Hello? Im sorry I didnt get to see your show at any point, can you come round my house and do a private performance for me please? tongue hug

FireNix: ive met you now smile hug

MarkMark: i have a random memory of meeting you for about 5 minutes on the Friday I think, but apart from that, I have no recollection of seeing you biggrin Whoops! hug

Bluecat: hug thanks you for all you did, for all we saw, and for all we didnt. Cabaret Saute was much better than last years in my opinion. The loads and loads and loads of fire at the end was the best biggrin and the contact juggler (tree?) and your juggling routine was gorgeous biggrin kiss Im glad i know you.

Who was that other random that recognised me from HOP? eek That almost scared the crap out of me, had it not happened once before. "so you recognise me from a website, yet I have no idea who you are...riiiiight!"

Flashpoint: Where was the cake? frown i think the doughnuts made up for it though! Thank you for making me laugh so much biggrin hug Was brillaint to finally be able to put a face and a voice to another HOPper.

To the others who I have forgotten, I apologise. hug I have not forgotten you. Oh wait... yes I have redface sorry!

And yes, to those who were offended by the heckling: My apologies, I was also having funa nd hope that you realise that none of it was spitefull or vindictive hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Wow and to think no one noticed me at all....... My only request is that next time you don't scratch so much and readjust the angle of dangle so often. It made it very hard not to giggle and give the game away! biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
it was the itchy woolen sweater you were wearing that did it...

smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sorry.... I'll wear all silk next time ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm...

silk..
that'll feel fantastic

biggrin

volvocowgirlnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
my pois were ruined from the river that went thru our tent on friday morning.... why i camped at the bottom of the hill i dont know!!! best glasto though

thanks meg, alex and nat from tepooka .... for teaching me staff and having us in your stall alllllll the time x

Page: ...