Forums > Help! > Glow in the dark bubbles

Login/Join to Participate

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
ok....this might sound a little nutty...but, here goes. Do you think that if you put the glow-stick stuff inside a bubble machine, that you would get glow-in-the-dark bubbles???? If not, any suggestions?? ubbrollsmile

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
I doubt that you could blow bubbles with the contents of a glowstick, but Google found me this:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26389&item=5565153727

They might well work in a bubble machine...
EDITED_BY: Gav486 (1111244270)

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Bubble solution + highlighter fluid = UV reactive bubbles

Just get a pack of fluorescent highlighter markers (make sure the ink glows in blacklight before moving on) from yer local office supply store, break em open and let the spongy ink cartrige thingies soak in your bubble solution for a while. Then ring the cartriges out and lightly stir the solution. Load up your bubble machine with your new UV solution and hit the black lights!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Gnarly CraniumSILVER Member
186 posts

Posted:
Bubbles are so incredibly thin that glowstick stuff in the solution wouldn't show up at all. UV reactive could probably work just fine though. (my gawd is that ever a cool idea, too)

"Ours is not to question The Head; it is enough to revel in the ubiquitous inanity of The Head, the unwanted proximity of The Head, the unrelenting HellPresence of The Head, indeed the very UNYIELDING IRRELEVANCE of The Head!" --Revelation X

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Actually thought of that highlighter idea on the spot... Remembered back to the old days when I used to have bottles of water with highlighter strewn about my room to add to my blacklight effects smile

Wonder if anyone has actually done it with bubbles before.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Rock on, you guys...thanks for the help. I'm going to try the highlighter stuff first. Since we have an indoor event soon, maybe we'll try it there!!! bounce bounce2 bounce

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
oooooo pretty bubbles

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
i'vw seen uv bubbles for sale never glow in the dark ones i stole a bottle of the uv ones off my sister , they look alright i suppose but you do tend to get it all over you and end up looking like you've had some sort of nuclear accident
EDITED_BY: TheSilverShadow (1111666898)

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Let me know how the highlighter thing turns out, Catalyst. Im actually curious as to how well it works.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
yeah....I'll keep you guys posted when we figure it all out!!! biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
what i wanna know is whether UV bubbles stain clothes UV colours? The highlighter ones probably would but what about the ones you can buy? they do come with a warning about it but how bad do they stain/ is it washable? always been curious about it in case one day i decide to go on a UV bubble rampage of some kind... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I remember some friends tried to do a whole UV bubble show .... bought the special UV bubble solution.... but they could hardly be seen in UV at all.... as actual bubbles... just in liquid form was it UV... they were muchly disappionted... Would be awsome to see though... keep exprimenting guys!!! ...let me know if anything works clap clap clap

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*