Forums > Social Chat > Veda, wisdom on the skin...

Login/Join to Participate

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I just got my first tattoo!!! It is "veda" sanskrit for wisdom, on the right hand side of the small of my back!!!

Sorry, for the many numbers of exclamation marks, I am all excitable

Any tips on helping it to heal well?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Too exciting Rozi!!! Good for you!!!! (can you PM me and let me know where you had it done?)

Tips on healing (I'm healing my new half sleeve this winter, so plenty of practice on healing ):
1. Keep it out of the sun and water for 2 weeks at least and then always put sun cream on it when exposing
2. Use whatever cream your artist suggested and when they suggest (bepanthen is magic), use for about 1 and a half weeks, then switch to something like vaseline intensive care (so it doesn't dry out) Don't smother your tat in it though.
3. Don't over exert yourself today or tommorrow - take it easy, rest and don't strain the muscles around the area (go easy on the spinning for a few days)
4. Don't let anything rub on it (shirts, pants, bedclothes, sheets etc)
5. Wash it in the shower with your had and an unscented soap, pat dry with a towel, then pat dry with a paper towel - don't put the cream on for about 20 minutes after your shower - you don't want a wet tat man
6. Vitamin C and apple juice
7. DON'T PICK AT IT

Feel free to PM, email me etc....

Good one Rozi!!!! As big Kev says "I'm excited"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hooray lil Rozi...Congrats hun...
The best way to help it heal quickly is to regularly apply 'PROTAT' to the skin where your tattoo is...I found it helps to heal it up quite fast with minimal scabbing too...You can get protat from any tattooist or even any chemist, I think...
DONT ITCH IT... this can break the skin and give a "bleeding ink effect"
DONT GET IT SUNBURNT...this will cause the skin to peel and give you a "patchy" effect
DONT COVER IT IN VASEALINE... this doesnt let the skin breathe properly to heal..If ya dont have Protat try using vitamin E cream but stear clear of anything really 'oily'...
Ive cared for my tats this way when I first got mine and they are fine, the oldest one still hasnt needed a touch up yet...its about 6 years old... I love body art..

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Yay Rozi!!!

I'm still trying to work up the courage to get my first one. One day soon I think

Where did you get it done?

Finn

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
My little tatt is currently wearing a special "healing pad" from a well known supplier of bandages & sticking plaster, one of those pads with the kinda rubbery inner layer to protect it from rubbing, but without actually sticking to the skin in the same way a normal sticking plaster would. This is protecting it from my clothing, of which it is currently terrified!!! I was advised to use savlon cream & not to soak it in water, but I think I may have a look at those creams you mentioned.

I was surprised, it wasn't as hurty as I thought. One side was pretty painful, but the other side was almost tickly

I am tempted to do a blatant plug, because have always really loved the place where I got it done (you know that place, the one in Glebe ) But I will private message anyone who would like to know...

[ 23 August 2002, 17:43: Message edited by: Rozi ]

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Congrates on the new tattoo!!!

See they don't hurt half as much as you thought.

So whats next???

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Way cool!!
What's it look like?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
This is the design:

Non-Https Image Link

I think I might see how this one heals, & feels before I rush into getting another one.

If you could have any design you wanted, what would you get? & what do you have now? I think we discussed this somewhere before, though...

[ 24 August 2002, 00:18: Message edited by: Rozi ]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
'tis a beautiful sign, rozi
beatiful sign, beautiful meaning for a beautiful soul...

I am always somewhat moved when people get a tatoo (well, not anyone ... not the drunk idiot who wakes up with a penis tatooed on his chest .... but the rest, those who put meaning into it ).
I think it is a meaningfull act to write something on yourself ...

I love tatoo

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Nice one Rozi!! Very nice indeed. Nice symbol. I like simple tattoo's (design), and I prefer tattoo's when they have a personal meaning. I had my tattoo done 3 yrs ago, and never ever regretted it, and still love it. I'll try and put a pic of it on here.

Respect

P.S. No picking!!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Definatly, congrats!! Now you need to get a pic of it online

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oooh, I like the design, Rozi.

I feel like I haven't found a design that I know in my heart I'll want to wear all my life. This isn't to say I'll never get a tattoo, but I'm not ready for one right now.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nope I got 6 of the buggers, the only down side is 2 of em dont match my personality. Damn never should have gotten those butterflies Naw, I want to get rid of my Skulls, was thinking of covering them up with some tribal bands or something. I dont know though, If I claim they are gang related I can get them removed for free!! Who knows. I will see what happens.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The problem with removal is that often that spot won't ever tan right.

and if you get a flesh-colored tat over the old one, it never quite looks right, either. If I did ever get one, it would be somewhere private, like on my lower back or on my hip. But because you can't swim for two weeks after getting one, I probably wouldn't do it. I can't go without swimming for that long!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Pretty design! Like it.
I'm always open to rediscussing old topics I'm with Mike, it's for life so has to be a right choice. For me there's an increasing attraction to it. Thinking something maybe a bit like this. Thinking the body is wrong, and the tail too dense, but a bit of customisation and it'd be cool. Or something else that inspires the right thoughts like freedom and balance just by me looking at it.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
That would look beautiful between the shoulder blades. I saw a similar one that instead of a body like that, used a symbol in the middle. If you look through some of the runic symbols I am sure there is something that would both suit the design & convey a meaning...

2,905 posts

Posted:
Mike, I dont tan... I go white red and strait back to white!!!

Any how I am talking coverd with a different tattoo that I want to display, I dunno.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
~ for Rozi on this auspicious and joyful occasion ~

Aum Bhur Bhuvah Svahah
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

Dynamic life healing gladness
Great Sun, most high divinity
Savior, divinely we absorb
Ignite our fullest spectrum

[my rendering in English, if i recall ~ sanskrit Gayatri mantra, holiest vessel of the Vedas, daily celebrated to the sun in India

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
That is more beautiful than I could ever imagine. Thankyou