darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
anybody besides meself and likwid?

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

rockstrigoinewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Does anyone in here know of a DFW fire breather by the name of Elric?

CelyddonSILVER Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
Amanda, I'll have to PM you when I get a free moment, as I live right up by the border of Frisco. Can't make it to the Raven's Loft, but I am organizing a group to go down to Texas Renaissance Festival down by Plantersville in October. Hopefully some of you lovely spinners will be there!

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
www.dallasfestevil.com go there for directions to our newest gig...tis downtown off of commerce and industrial ish...

prizes

likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
amanda as in crash's friend amanda that i just met last night?
hahah.. wow.. if so.. small world... lol

*likwid flies the flag for allen, tx.. [plano/mckinney/frisco area]*

as far as a central location for dfw spinners.. i'd probably say afterlife is the best choice. music, a bit of a crowd, and a good half-way point between the 2 major cities [as opposed to havin to come all the way up to plano/mckinney or to have to go to ft.worth].

soo, maybe a bi-weekly meeting up there? lemme know what you think.. could carpool to save money on fuel this way, too. yup yup...

either way.. lookin forward to meetin some of yall soon biggrin

i..<3.. +|--
::likwid

FlintSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Celyddon : When are you guys going town to TRF? I would love to met you all there.

Likwid : Where is after life and would we be able to burn there in safty? Safty is my number one concern. I would love to set up a gathering but unfortunatly I have no place that it can take place with in the DFW area. Now if we wanted to travel a bit up to the Tx./Ok. border I know a few places that can be used up that way. but it is a bit of a drive for any one in the Fort Worth Area, Dallas as well.

Talk to you all latter. PM me if you need to :
Yahoo IM : youngesthippie
MSN IM : flints-fire

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
argh....u need to get on yahoo more dammit!!!!!

prizes

GloStickBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Just registered. Me and my roommate are both aspiring spinners in Dallas Area. Please tell me where to go to find events, or you guys! Thanks!

The best things in life are free!*
*Plus shipping and handling

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
w\the fire hazards as high as they are i wouldnt really be advertising that you spin.....weve almost gotten arrested twice for spinning and that was before all the wildfires in OK and northern tx began to spring up...just my 2c....however a meetup would be cool...we can just use lights...however they may seem mundane...theyre a hella lot of fun =P

prizes

speaker_boxSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
i just applied to the dfw fire thingy on yahoo and i am moving to frisco in like 2 weeks so if any one interested i go to the metroplex frequintly these days trying to find a job so i go every saturday also to spin with this cool chick she is showing me more things to do and stuff. just PM me or email me and i would be glad to meet up. plus spinning is fu****g awsome.

whizkers713SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Are there any current classes or random meetings of friends I might be able to join in? I live in North Dallas area.

twiggy57BRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
i have been to after life its not all that! There are more people trying to show off than to teach! Just looking for good group to learn with here around home!!!!

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Hey guys and gals, I live in Richardson, but I'm gone until August 17th. I've fallen in with the fire spinning community here in Western Australia and I'm now addicted to spinning. I'd love to have a regular meeting where we can light up, but I'm also all for a non-fire gathering. The way it is here, which I really like, is that every week we meet to share new tricks and toys, practice, and just hang out without any fire. It's in a normal park right outside of downtown and we don't have to worry about permits or anything. Once a month they have a burn on the riverbank. They got permission from the city and everyone who wanted to could light up and twirl to their hearts content.

I thought maybe the same thing could work in Dallas. We could find a nice public park in the Dallas area to gather and twirl every week, and then choose a slight further afield locale to light up once a month. Unless we could make it bi-monthly. That would give at least 6 spinning nights per month.

I'll be able to figure out things more concretely once I get back home, but that's my two cents for now. ^_^

Silver_BlazeSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
I live in Richardson too and I really like Neko's idea.
I've been spinning on and off for a year or so now and I want to try fire over the summer. Anybody in the Richardson/Plano area, or close by, feel free to send me a pm or e-mail. I'm usually a very anti-social person, but I think I'd like to get together with some people and just hang out and practice and what not.

FlintSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, Is there still any one out there??? I am back and looking for a good local to just spin for the fire of it.

Page: