Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
very sad. missed this months meet and gonna miss it on the 8th too cos with my brother. will have to wait till february, when crazy exams and travelling are over, to come out and spin with crazy ppl i dont know again. peace out and happy tuesday!

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
ryz0r... I too spotted ya... Nice spinnin with the tails... we'll deffo catch up next time!

As for the 8th meet it's four people's birthdays
Daves (1st), Mine (6th), Elaine's (6th) and Cantus's (15th)

So there should be lots of birthday cheer!! I am just hoping I can make it, I know what I feel like after a Friday and Saturday nite of clubbin!!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Hey, it was good to meet some of you on sunday, had a great time.
thanks to Sam for letting me know when and where the meet was (even though i don't think i met you), Monkey, Dave and Elaine for giving me some much needed help with poi and Dave for persuading me to do my first burn biggrin

I was Dale, the guy with all the tail poi that spent a lot of time watching others and talking to a few people, although not everyone, too many for a first meet.
will deffinatly be at the next meet, now ive finnaly signe up to this site smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i'm going to be there on the 8th

Non-Https Image Link

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
A star in Manchester Excellent, I dont need to buy any presents for anyone that means, Wow!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
The 8th is is!! biggrin biggrin If im not there you may spank me

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol @ will

Hey when I was spinning fire I thought i saw a flash did anyone happen to take a pic while i was doing it? Would be soo cool to actualy have a pic to put in my gallery.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
steaks was it you tht i spoke to briefly whilst watching the monkeys doin there climbing???

i know i spoke to a newbie to the meets but not entirely sure who it was lol someone must come forward and let me know coz im starting to think im goin mad lol

xxx

thanks for burning with me

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'd say it was a success that one. Phil and Bobby enjoyed the day despite being non-HOPpers. Steaks - who said peer pressure doesn't amount to much? smile Amd Joe - well done! Jonestly first burn is like losing your virginity. Only without the consequences....

Hazel, ya crazy loon! More more more!

Roman, LOVED the kaelidescopic yeti hat.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Neon Shaolin

Roman, LOVED the kaelidescopic yeti hat.

With matching scarf wink ubblol

Thanks to all that turned out, was really good catching up with you all it has been far, far too long.

Tobi (My guru of ALL things spinnie ) Cheers dude you are a fecking legend!!! hug As always you've showed me the path to enlightenment meditate I would be lost without you mate hug ubblove hug

Jen- Hows the general head area after two beating with my staff in one sitting (or should that be in one hug-standing??) ?? Sorry babe. hug

Mill- Bring on the two man juggling routine!! biggrin

Neon Shaolin- "kaelidescopic" I can barely read it let alone spell it, thank god for copy & paste biggrin

And of course "LOU LOU!!" As always, you make it all possible!! Thanks hun xx

Counting down the days to the next meet peeps!! Much love and hugs to all.
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Sounds like you guys had an ace time! Just wish we could shift Manchester down the country a bit so more of us could come. I think you guys should take Roman here: [Old link]

biggrin

Gayle.....!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
yeah i was chatting with you for a while whilst the monkies were doing the acrobatics. i was the guy with the cream hat/grey hood combo

Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
The one who was ever so kind to jump miles out of the way whilst I was on my Uni? Is that you Mr Steaks?

Next time spin closer it'l make me learn not to ride to close to spinners!

Ro do you reckon people can figure out who Lou Lou is? You all Love her we know that for sure!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I should have known you two would pipe up now biggrin

I have never seen such a pair of creepy old men in my life wink

Star says
Written by: .:star:.

i'm going to be there on the 8th

Non-Https Image Link

Cantus says
Written by: Cantus

Non-Https Image Link

Will then says.
Written by: PyroWill

The 8th is is!! biggrin biggrin If im not there you may spank me

You don’t even try to hide it. biggrin

Any normal meet and stuff just seems to come up at the last min “oh oh I'm sorry I'm drowning/on fire/have to wash my hair/no money or something but as soon as a pretty lady says they are going and your like a pair on dogs in heat. ubbloco

Lol I love you to ubblove ubblove

PS I'm def coming ubbangel ubbangel

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Check your texts occasionally nurse face tongue

Meh

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

The one who was ever so kind to jump miles out of the way whilst I was on my Uni? Is that you Mr Steaks?

Next time spin closer it'l make me learn not to ride to close to spinners!

Ro do you reckon people can figure out who Lou Lou is? You all Love her we know that for sure!

I can't say for sure I was the one that jumped out of your way, but it is a possabillity. As I have allready said i was wearing a cream cap with a red/grey hoody over and just ambilling about quietly for the most part biggrin
and what do you mean by 'spin closer it'l make me learn not to ride to close to spinners!' ???

Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
He means he was rideing to cloose to us all and next time we should get in his way to teach him a lesson devil

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
ah! i think i could manage that weavesmiley
just as long as no one tries to ride along the wall again eek excl

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
lol, who was the person who tried unicycling on the wall? It looked painful when he fell off ooooops

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect

Crash and Burn, Live and Learn

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
im guessing either tobi or martin

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

lol @ will

Hey when I was spinning fire I thought i saw a flash did anyone happen to take a pic while i was doing it? Would be soo cool to actualy have a pic to put in my gallery.

None? Oh well smile, I'll light up on the 8th I'll ask someone to take a few as a favour so i can get some fire pics in my gallery smile

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
yaaay

i got all the pics of me on my galery... the 8th is sooo close though its coming quickly

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im glad it is, im buying some monkey fists over christmas biggrin

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Im glad it is, im buying some monkey fists over christmas biggrin

Aww man! You better return the favour by letting me have a go!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol cool i want some but cnt afford them ... trying to find someone who lovs me to pay for them for me lol

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Don't know about monkey fists but I sure could do with some bigger fire poi - bored with mine frown

Well, thanx to Ro I now have very achy shoulders but I've nailed half of flowers - just need to get the poi spinning right

And thanx to Tobi my forearms hurt but i still haven't nailed cuddles grrr

But thanx to my 2 poi guru's - missed you teaching me noo fings hug2

S'gonna be a great meet on 8th - I can feel it in me water biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol right well im not coming back online now till after xmas
so i hope youall have a merry crimbo
and speak to you all later

those of you whos numbers have i will txt you on xmas day wishing you a merry xmas

bye bye all love ya loads xxxxxxxx

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i'll bring my unicycle on the 8th biggrin:D and i havent used my aerotechs in ages so must bring them

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
oooooh... monkeyfists and aerotechs.... gonna be a blast. Gonna try and bother some friends to get them as birthday presents....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ......