Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
@rorbid, the meet is on the Sunday the 7th of November as far as I know. It will start around 4 pm probably. We'll be meeting at castlefields, look for the big canopy things by the canal (down some steps), near the railway bridge. The area is opposite the museum of Science and industry. Pm me if you need a phone number.

Exciting news by the way! I have new photos biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Love the new avitar Holly, loooks great.

The meet is on Sunday the 4th though not the 7th as that is the Wednesday.

It's nearly my Birthday and only 8 weeks until that special old guy in the red makes his annual voyage bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ah, opps. Thats why I should check my calendar before posting! I was just copying off an earlier post on here I have to add.

And thanks biggrin

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
What time are we congregating on Sunday? 3ish? 4ish?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Ish, just ish.

smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
We'll be there when we're there.

It happens like magic.

Except when it doesn't.

In which case you have to face certain penalties eek wink

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Indeed. Imagine the worst possible thing that you could see, and then add public genital manipulation. Ewww

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Meet this sunday sounds great. Definitely meeting at Castlefield? Any advance on 'ish' as a meeting time? Am trying to plan a couple of other things on sunday and I wanna make sure I get to this when other people are actually there!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I should be down after work again.

Unfortunately the fire pit is currently residing in Northampton though frown

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
ill try and make it !

Ive re-wicked some poi with a metre of wick per head ! cant wait to see what te flame is like. If anyone wants any REAL kevlar wick, its only £4 a metre (£1.50 less than firetoys), ill bring some on sunday. I still have a few flower sticks left too if anyones interested.

tone xxxx

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i dunno if i can make it, beeen trying really hard to get sunday of work but i havnt succeeded yet frown

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
YAY me and timmi will be comin probs bout 4 or 5 ish. smile

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
Are enough people bringing some fuel? I've still got about 5 litres that hasn't been used yet so that's coming with me.

Fine, I will be there at 'ish. By the providence of magic.

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
...And one day there shall be a meet on a day I'm not working. Not this time though, my secret identity gets in the way.

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
 Written by: thesynapse

Are enough people bringing some fuel? I've still got about 5 litres that hasn't been used yet so that's coming with me.

Fine, I will be there at 'ish. By the providence of magic.

I'd say that would be enough for all of us!

Unless you're planning on starting a parraffin bonfire!

Now people, stop tworrying and trying to be so organised, the meet will happen as it always has and will work out fine meditate

wink

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Im working poooooooo

but terri should be going

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'm working until about 4:30 but I'll be down after that. I'll have many toys but definitely no paraffin (as i dont really want to take it to work) so any donations would be greatly appreciated smile

loulou27SILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, its been a while old fellows!!!
Lets see if I can remember anything apart from a hat ubbidea

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
At my house I have a set of glow poi and a picnic mat that were left in castlefield at the weekend.

If they are yours drop me a PM / email / call and I'll sort getting them back to you smile

P.S. Psy Trance is gay.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
the blanket is Elaines!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
gggrrr.... i missed another meet frown

i'll try to keep an eye out for the next one

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's ok Kyle. Holly forgotted to turn up too hug

Meh

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
I didn't forget, i just haven't got t'internet at home at the moment. although i do have access at college smile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Holly did not forgotted to turn up.

Holly looked outside of Holly's window and saw that it was dark and cold and had buses of which she did not know which ones to sleep in.

She looked inside of Holly's window and saw warmth and bedness and sleepiness and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
No sense of adventure these kids wink

Been struggling with broadband providers for 2 weeks (still not resolved frown ) so been missing for a while

Seye, yes the blanket is mine - next meet is fine. The glow poi are mine only if you've had them since June and picked them up at the gasworks smile

Kyle, I shall txt you before the next meet hug so you better get your butt down!

And no show from Jen or Millhouse shrug ubbcrying

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hey folks I well missed the 4th and all of last month, I've a wee unicycling injury so I've been learning crutch acrobalance!

I'll be back to norm in no time, shame I missed you Ro! And you others too obviously!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Well, you didn't miss Ro, but we did frown

So you've joined the serried ranks of injured Manc HoPpers? hughug Get better soon and see you at the next meet? Which will be when chaps? Christmas is a-comin'

How about a meal like we did a couple of years ago? It was relatively cheap at that Chinese, £7 I think, and t'was a really nice day - food then fire biggrin How about Saturday or Friday as transport is better and maybe so many people won't be working? Just as thought...

If we start thinking about it now, we might get it together before Easter wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

thesynapseSILVER Member
28 posts

Posted:
I will be working on a Friday or Saturday night, so personally I would prefer a Sunday so I can come to the pub after. But I can understand how this might suit other people better.

May I suggest Sunday 25th November as a date for the next meet? This will be 2 weeks from now and 3 weeks from the last meet.

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
if i get two weeks notive i can get it off work,

but i leave for south africa on the 21st or 22nd of december and i would really like a meet before then. smile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
oooo WHat are you doing in South Africa? Wherabouts are you going?

Ralph Waldo Emerson