KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I am in a really fowl mood because I just found out that my school is not giving me any financial aid when I get back home. Which leaves me to figure out how I will be able to afford $35,000/year without becoming a prostitute or drug dealer. I mean what kind of work would I be able to find that would not just support me food and other necessities-wise, but also let me save that much money?! America is an evil, evil place. Lousy financial aid scum. Too mad to think of anything else to say. grrr..... Going to have to do massive amounts of scholarship/grant/loan research when I get back. Going to go sulk now.

That's a lie. I'm going to wonder around Edinburgh and forget about those lousy bastards because there really is nothing I can do right now.

Jackasses.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Soooo sorry to hear that! I know it's been weighing on your mind and you were hoping it'd be ok. The US college system does seem silly

I know it's hard, but try to forget about it for now, enjoy Edinburgh, even if it is a grey day. Enjoy Europe for it really is yours for the wandering.

Then when you get back to the US, go burn the college down!

Big hugs and all that. See you soon. Have a wicked time up north! What are the northern weirdos like?

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
If I earned that much (actually I'll re-phrase that to say if I earned that on top of my current wages) I'd pay you to sit round and look cute for me all day......but alas I need more cash than that just to stay alive in this bastard town.
Honey bun, I know prostitution probably isn't your thing but if you do decide to offer your services come look me up - LOL........xxxxxx
Sorry.....I haven't actually got anything constrcutive to say, but dealing drugs does not make you a bad person..........(depending on what they are.)
Luv u loads, still can't get over how lovely u r in real life, and hope u is back this way b4 u leave.
Heaps of love & hugz
Cam - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Snookiepoo! Dat sucks Royal Cock!
Non-Https Image Link

Dosn't America have some sort of student benefits or sumfin? -Or is that the stuff you're being refused?

AAAH-FUK-IT!-Get yer ass back down here an I'll make you forget all your worries

Lots of love, and big squishy-bosom hugz!
xxx

Az abouve, So below...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
dfq as usual has summed it all up for us. blerk!
*gives a big hug and a footrub*
however didn't you say that you would be able to travel longer if you didn't get into school? who knows, maybe there's some good will come from this! (course i don't know will, but i heard he's great) are you coming to burning man now, or are you going to be over there in england? when shall i alert the masses of your highness' return?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
hey dom.... what are we like?

brain replacement...anyone?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
ARG! Funding is a big issue...

I feel for you hun! Will give big bear hug and look of understanding and compassion when i see you next

In the mean time I will pray...

I hope it gets all better hun! Be good and take care!
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dunno Mineiro, some Californians (or at least the one i saw) looked like they weren't enjoying the inactivity, tea drinking and smoking to the utmost - but I could be wrong.

Meh

Bearmember
8 posts

Posted:
When you get back to the States, remember to support necessary education instead of unnecessary wars. Too many people here do not understand the priorities (or are letting the liars on top take them for a ride at your expense).

I got back from Austria almost a month ago and am still suffering from culture shock. They have parks, bike paths, excellent public transportation, amazing art and culture with good funding, health care, the whole works. We have a bunch of politicians picking our pockets to make the wealthiest one percent wealthier. That is where the spoils of war will go. Don't believe for a minute that they care about American casualities more than as an election issue.

Prepare to deal with the irrational stupidity going on here or you will really be in the dumps when you get back.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Thanks you guys. Trying not to think of it too much or else I'll go into a conflict-theory oriented rant about the lopsided-ness of the US and its socio-economic classes, etc. etc.

Dom, thanks for being such a sweetheart. Can't wait to get back to London and give you a big hug.

Small boy, if I ever become a prostitute, I'll let you know. Don't think I could be a drug dealer after working in rehab for so long. I'd start counseling my customers and never make any money.

Dark Fairy Queen, thanks for your oh-so eloquent response. Yes, that is what I'm being refused, though.

Arashi, I'll still be in school for Burningman. Was able to pay this semester, but don't know about next. I'll be back in the states August 18th.

Mineiro, thanks for listening to me whine.

C@ntus, for the record I had a wonderful time with you guys. Was just very mellow and nice. The northern weirdos are excellent in my book and have very interesting conversations that I could and did listen to for hours. I was just trying to blend in by being inactive myself.

Dromepixie, can't wait to see you, too and get that hug from you.

Bear, I'm already dreading returning to those aspects of the U.S., but the only way to change it is from the inside, which why I have to go to school!

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey kali hun, dunno what to tell you.

i barely got this years cash together- mebeb we shoudl both become prostitutes eh? for teh idea of me getting any further than one year in school.... oi... love ya hun, dunno what to say but have faith.... *hugz*

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Kyrian blackmailed a congressman to get her money.

Meh

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Well, I did have a dirty ole man offer me $1500 for sex one time. If I just found 11 more of those guys, I'd be able to pay.... probably be blind, but able to pay my tuition bill.

With you at my side, Kyrian, we could probably finance world revolutions!

Of course, the whole congressman blackmailing thing is definitely worth considering and a lot less physically, mentally, and morally revolting.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Being a student is financially tough. Luckly over here we don't have massive fees to pay (well they seem a lot for me). We at most pay £1075 (what i pay) of the full fee's; and then we borrow money from the student loans company for us to live off. Its still really tough, and not assesed on a completley fair basis. My friend has just had to leave her teaching degree coz her mum moved to the same town as she goes to uni in, and so she wasn't eligible for any student loan, she tried to work a full time job and do uni work and lessons; it was too much for her and she has had to leave.

How about lap dancing? Or even better lap dancing with fire poi. Just flash your boobs and swirl some fire. Ummm i may do that, at least it would be better than stuck at a computer working myself to bordom for a carp pay checque.

The bigger the pants the better!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Kali:
Well, I did have a dirty ole man offer me $1500 for sex one time. If I just found 11 more of those guys, I'd be able to pay.... probably be blind, but able to pay my tuition bill.

Hrm...if I was a doctor, I'd prescribe you some antibiotics and antiherpes drugs to take first, so you wouldn't have to worry about it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
ewwwww!!!

have you tried applying for a pell grant?

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
hahaha....actually Mike, I was more thinking I would go blind from the scary site of so many old naked guys.

Lightbug, I know I've heard of the pell grant, but don't remember what I heard about it. If you have any info, can you send it to me?

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
okie dokie..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
here are the links for anyone else interested:

https://cfda.gov/static/p84063.htm

good luck kidz go get your learn on..

hee hee im a dork.
im sorry everyone for subjecting you to me. pell grant

[ 09 August 2002, 03:25: Message edited by: lightbug ]