Forums > Social Chat > My favourite band is touring, but no!

Login/Join to Participate

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I found out last night that my favourite band Nightwish are touring, I don't think they've toured Aus before...but they're playing at a hotel so therefore it's going to be overage. They're playing 2 shows at The Corner Hotel (I think it's in Richmond) in March next year, and I don't turn 18 until October.

It's ripping me to pieces! I'm so frustrated and upset. People have suggested getting a fake ID but I'm on a stupid good behaviour bond, I don't want to risk getting caught otherwise it will be an instant conviction.

But I want to go so badly, they're my favourite band..

Maybe I will risk it?

I don't know, any suggestions? Should I risk it?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I know exactly how you feel.

I fell in love with Epicure when I was 16, yet I could never go to any of their gigs because I was underage.

When they finally played a gig when I 18, I was too busy studying to go.

However I kept waiting and I finally saw them play live about a month ago (got in shyte with my folks for breaking curfew by a measley 15 minutes, but &^%* to them!!!)

It was worth the wait. It was so good when I finally saw them play!

So I saw wait. Don't risk breaking the good behaviour bond. If it wasn't for that I might say otherwise, but don't risk it with that over your head. You WILL get a chance to see them.

Just be patient and it will be your turn eventually, no matter how frustrating it is now and how much you want to stick it up the world for making it so that you can't go!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I know, but what if they don't come back to Aus again? They've been around for years this band and this is their first time ever coming to Aus...they may not come again! frown

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
a few years ago i went to the "final" robbie williams concert in melbourne (yes, i feel shame!)...however less than 2 years later he was in melbourne again! so much for his final show!

and just look at how many times John Farnham has done a "final tour"! what is it? three times? ubblol

And if they don't, what a hell-a good excse to go overseas! ubbrollsmile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I spoke to some friends about it and one of them said that they're really strict at the corner hotel, he's 23, looks much overage yet he still gets asked for ID when he goes there... frown

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
my suggestion:

just go and turn up and try to get in, cos your a girl youll probably be fine (or thats how it works over here anyway..), but if they ask to see your id just tell them you left it at home, and they probably wont let you in. but you wont have done anything wrong. let fate decide..

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I just found out that the Doors are comming to Aus. Who would've thought. Lead singer is from the cure. He's got a good voice. My christmas present is going to the Doors and Velvet Revolver. Can't wait!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.