Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Anti-spin BF weaves, fact or fiction?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

ok rev, its time to talk.

having got the anti-ttn (wich by the way is just a case of moving the wrong arm in a ttn) i was looking at anti-bf-weaves. the trouble is, i dont think they exist.

say we are gooing forward in front, and we do and anti-ttn to put the right hand under the left and across, now if we continue the weave motion the left hand should go under the right, the trouble is by this time the left hand is going backwards so that motion isnt anti spin. thats why there are eight anti-bf weaves, cos on each wall plane you got 4 choices of which beat is going to be anti spun, but in all of them there is only one beat of anti spin.

but wait a mo, lets look at a normall bf weave. the right hand goes over the left this time, normal spin, all good, but then on the other side the left hand has to go from underneith to untop to come back, but its going backwards, so this movement is, umm, anti-spin..... unless you continue the ttn with the right hand, so that the left is always passive.....

so, either anti-bf weaves dont exist, or they are simply a slight variation on which hand is activly threading the needle, wich brings us back to the first bit.

the most crucial wuestion, does it look any difrent, well, maybe.

antispin however does offer the way to change between each type of bf weave, tho you dont have to....

ok, enough bafflement.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
now i'm not even sure i'm anti spinning correctly again...
and no one'll do the partner thing after the last attempt. (chickens! you have nothing to lose but your low pain threshold!)

--ben

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I dont doubt that your antispinning right.. Im willing to bet you are.. I'm jsut tryingto figure out where we are going wrong from there..

we just need to move the Uk to the gulf of mexico.. and then I could come and spin with you.. and we could see what each other is talking about.. sometimes I feel doing that would be infintely easier then working out each others text sometimes anyway wink

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
slightly off topic...

Written by: Rev

start from a crosser.. with the poi spinning forward... left arm on top..
pull the left arm to the left (creating a buzzsaw like space with the right hand) and push it under back into a crosser.. this is the easiest way to learn antispin... by exaggerating the movements in such a way as to make it appear different.. however this antispins.. why? because you are using the SAME MOTIONS WHEN YOU DO THAT AS A REVERSE WEAVE (caps for emphasis not anger)

i'm well into my crossers but haven't got my head round antispin stuff. That quote, and the post it came from, were extremely helpful. cheers Rev, i'll have to put more effort into actually reading those mountains of text you create in future wink

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
np.. its good to know that I can communicate some of the time.. wink

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
FACT

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

Page: