sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
This is for the Aussies..
I saw a fire group called Phoenix Fire Tribe at the national folk festival in canberra over easter and was wondering if anyone here knew them or of them.. Im curious whether theyre performing anytime soon and where theyre from etc.
They were UNREAL!

Fire... A bushmans telly

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Under the Meet Others look up Bec and/or Elke of Brisbane (I believe). They are the masterminds behind Pheonix. You can also see the book about staff spinning that they wrote in the shop!
Good luck in your search!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
hellooooo......

thank you for your lovely words.

we'll be back in Canberra next year for the festival again, but otherwise usually play & perform mostly up here in Sunny Queensland...

We might stay in Canberra a little longer next year - especially if we can find some lovely fire folk to play with.*

email me & we'll chat some more...*

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Keeheehee hello lovely! did we actually meet? 'Cause I'm not that good at remembering names, but I did meet a few lovely twirlers at the fest .... oh I should probley say my name is Elke here hey... sorry to confuse ( )

.:* Who is this strange pixie chick ??? *:.

Yep like bec said, we should be down again next year! 'Twas SO much fun!... the Fest had such a lovely vibe! Did you see the fairylove stall? I just love their stuff... absolutley gorgeous! There were heeps of funky stalls there and the Vegie burgers! did you have one (or many in my case ) of those??? they were SO yum!

I'm really looking forward to coming back again next year! So hopefully we can meet up then and have a twirl together???

Thanks for saying you liked the show...

.:* blusshes and goes all shy like *:.

'Twas bloodly freezing in that belly dance costume an' the icey breeze just blew straight through me! Bbbrrrrrrrrrr
It was abit tricky the fist night in that tent too.... I thought I was going to hit one of those poles (think I just missed 'em though, fewfff)

Well hopefully I'll see you next Fest! (if not before!) just come say hello, and we'll have a twirl! YAY!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
wow! i found you guys! NO problems about the lovely words.. i mean it!!
cant wait to see you at next years folkies.. we can definately have a twirl. We'' try to get a group down on the oval again, that worked really well last year.
I saw the fairylove shop, it was ssooo beautiful! And the vegie burgers too.. all three meals consisted of them
Im going to be passing brissie in august (unfortunately a week before moonfest). Ill be there for a night or two from the 15th i think its a friday. If youre all free, id love to catch up and have a twirl!
I really liked that bellydancing costume moon pixie. It is actually used for some inspiration behind my designs for a twirling costume im in the middle of designing.
It was lovely to find you two. Your performance was a jawdropper!!!

Fire... A bushmans telly

3,492 posts

Posted:
Thanks Gorgeous!

Yep, we'll definately have to catch up when you come through! Where abouts in brizzy are you staying?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I'm a Phoenix fire tribe fan from far away
showed your work to Dom and Kali last week end and they really loved it... you are magic princesses
and I can't wait to see you IRL, play with you and all

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
im with cass!
At the moment, im just staying at a youth hostel in the city (roma st) so im free to roam
is there a weekly thing on fridays by any chance? if not, we'll arrange something
Looking forward to it. My arms will probly be aching by then, cos im actually going to be arriving from a 10 day sail on a tall ship from gladsone. We'll see how we go. Never in too much pain to spin!!
YAY!!

Fire... A bushmans telly

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
How funny. As you already know, Cass showed us the demo. You guys are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Can't think of anything else to say about it. WOW!

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It twas indeed very lovely to see. Love the drums!

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
okies, theyre all right. Kali dom and cass!!
Ill be in Brizzie for the night of the 15th of august.. if we could get a rad group together to play, that would be really lovely..
wow, to twirl with the people behind the inspiration for me to start
Thisll be FUN!!

take care

Fire... A bushmans telly

3,492 posts

Posted:
Cool...

Well there is a Drum Circle on Thursday nights at Roma St Parklands! .... but no fire is allowed in the parklands ... but Albert Park joins onto it and we probabley could twirl there... it's like any other park, which I don't think has any "no fire twirling" rules. Or we could just hang out with the drum circle and twirl non-fire props... ??? What do you reccon

Who's up for some twirling and fun on 15th August?

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
could happen! a drum circle would be fun. havnt been to one of them for a while!
what about the brizzie beaches.. do they have an rules about fire? is it far from the city? im happy to play with non fire props if need be!
FUN FUN FUN
looking forward to it

Fire... A bushmans telly

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well I live close to the bay at shorncliffe... (where moonfest is held) it's a lovely spot and there's no rules about fire twirling there (if there is I'm in SO much trouble! ) But that'd be cool if you'd like to head out here... It's really easy by train (shorncliffe train platform 9 from Roma st and jump out at shorncliffe station and then it's just a 10 min walk or so to the beach)