Forums > Technical Discussion > Blue, Green and Purple Flames

Login/Join to Participate

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I am sure that alot of us have played with using different coloured flames. The one I have used most is boric acid mixed with metho to create a bright green flame. I think that, and using copper sulfate for blue are the most common. I have a couple of thoughts here... firstly, is there something better than Metho to mix the chems with (Metho burns HOT!)

secondly, what are some other fun colours to make? I have heard that purple is possible but the stuff to make the flame change colour is really hard to get...

and lastly, does anyone know how insanely bad for our environment this is??? I am guessing that its not v. good, but is it much worse than kero?

*Eveish runs and hugs the nearest tree in apology if it is*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Durb's lovingly created FAQ on Coloured Flames

I have to close this thread. There's just sooo many threads on coloured flames. Have a look at the above and if you need further reading, please do a search.

Thanks! smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.