Forums > Social Chat > Describe the taste of pumpkin

Login/Join to Participate

laudieSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
well??? how would you describe it???

ubbidea

Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
tastes, like coulours, are hard to describe. the texture is easy, soft and slimy, but taste...i think along same lines as avocado, but different...hmm...

in state of metamorphosis

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
.......hmmm.......?

Live, love, laugh and dance!

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
pumpkin tastes like a most heavenly piece of creamy squished juicy nectar of the gods all lavished in beautiful orangy goop sprinkled with decadent love

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
Wow! That's very descriptive. I'd have to say that it definetly doesn't taste like chicken. Pumpkin pie tastes like a sweetened pumpkin squished into pie form. Don't know how else to describe it.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
pumpkin tastes like an earthy, rich and sweet explosion of happiness in my mouth.... hmmmmm pumpkin...

Non-Https Image Link

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
pumpkin is so not like avocado! mad avocados taste yummy!! ubblol

pumpkins aren't so bad...but i wouldn't eat one raw! umm

love that homer pic valura!!! ubblol ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You've never had it? Pumpkin is always eaten cooked, of course...and sweetened.

It's an earthy, sweet flavor like butter and nuts, but tarter. It's very characteristic and once you've done it, there's no going back.

One of the great things about living in the Americas is that we get all the new world AND old world crops.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hummm let me think Pumpkin tastes like hummmmmm Pumpkin (woudent you say)!!!!!!!! ubbangel ubbangel

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
eeerk pumpkin?! ive never had it before. sounds horrible though.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
If it tastes anything like it smells.. then i'll give it a miss! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
Pumpkin tastes like...fall. Sitting by the fire, the cool fall air outside, trees painted in pretty colors, warm spices of cinnamon, nutemg, and cloves. It's truly a comfort food. Ok, no it's time to come out of my happy place and into the cold harse reality of work. But I think I'll go home and make a pumpkin cheesecake later. ubblol

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Pumpkin in Australia is what we call butternut squash in the UK. When we say pumpkin in the UK we are referring to the Cinderella Coach sort of thing. Both are from the same family and taste the apple side of a carrot and the carrot side of an aubergine (aka eggplant) with the butternut squash tasting that little bit more buttery and nutty (does exactly what it says on the tin) - work very well in quiches. Very versatile veg, can be savory (grated raw with peanuts and raisins with a pumpkin oil dressing works well as a falafel accompanying salad or cooked by roasting in the same way as potatoes with some rosemary is good) or can be used in deserts such as pumpkin pie which always reminds me of custard tarts, sweet short crust pastry lined with greengage jam with the pumpkin filling - yummy. Can also be used instead of carrots in halva (Indian sweets are fantastic). Also good in curries, stews, chilies... - I better stop there - can you tell I have more important things to be doing wink Food is great – I love cooking!!!

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
pumpkinny

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

laudieSILVER Member
52 posts

Posted:
grooovy, liked that bit of info gelfling.

seems this has turned into some kind of creative writing workshop.

plush would be a word i would use to describe pumpkin. mayb cos it sounds more delicious than 'mush' !

Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
Yep food is all about creative writing. If it wasn't we'd wouldn't eat half the stuff we do. Without creative writing a bacon cheeseburger on a menu would look something like this: Enjoy half raw ground up cow with sliced deep fried pig love handles and yellow mold, topped with dead baby chicks that have been blended with veggie oil. Oh, and don't forget the crispy green lettuce and ripe red tomatoes.

After re-reading this it kinda makes me want to go veggie........................Naahhhhhhhh! ubblol

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

505 posts

Posted:
ive only had pumpkin raw...but i want to explore it's highs, it's lows, it's tantilising middles...

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Raw pumpkin? Ick. Bleagh. DisGUSting.

Pumpkin stewed to oblivion, sweetened, and spiced with cinnamon and ginger, then baked in a pieshell (US 'pie', UK 'tart')? YUMMMMMMMM!

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

505 posts

Posted:
yeh, ok, so making pumpkin lantons at halloween wasn't as exciting as i expected...

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Mmm, pumpkin soup, creamy and so Autumn! What's with the "dead baby chicks" on your Bacon Cheeseburger? Are you really a kiwi, eating fried eggs on your burger? And beets?

take the schneak-tip

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i've had pumpkin lightning!! i just wouldn't recommend eating it raw! i imagine it would taste/feel awful! ubblol i only kinda like (more like tolerate) pumpkin...i wouldn't go out of my way to buy, cook and eat one!! ubblol

bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Good, I think ieuan is referring to mayo. If that is the case I’ll be pedantic and point out that eggs are not dead chicks as they are unfertilised - i.e. they are the products of the hen's menstrual cycle - hen periods in other words.

Back to pumpkins - someone mentioned pumpkin soup.

Peel and de-seed the pumpkin.
Dice and steam with one onion and 3 cloves of garlic and 1/4" of ginger until soft.
Blend or mash the above.
Mix in one cup of sour cream and one cup of milk.
Heat up and add 3 teaspoons of turmeric (or saffron if you can afford it) and the same in demera sugar.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 mins.
Take off the heat and add a handful of chopped, fresh coriander.

Serve with a further dollop of sour cream in each bowl with bread made incorporating the pumpkin seeds.

Enjoy!!!

>I'm optimistic.

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
I have a butternut squash in the fridge so I'm off to make soup right now! sunny kiss

>I'm optimistic.