Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Need serious help about 5beat!!! -video included-

Login/Join to Participate

LLafferBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone!!

I'm really excited to write here for the first time, since I've been watching this forums for quite a while! I'm one of these guys who read the forums everyday, do the free lessons, taking the monthly $100 competition, but never really get the nerve to post anything redface

Anyhow! For quite a while now, I have been really trying to figure out the 5 beat. I've been doing the weave for a few years all nice and easy, but something just doesn't feel right when I add those extra 2 beats! Since I got no one around here who's swinging besides me(I live in Greece, not so exciting place when it comes to juggling if you ask me...), would you be so kind and take a look at this cool little video I just made? It's me "trying" 5 beat, but I'm sure I got it all wrong. Help? Pretty pretty please with sugar on top and chocolate chips and a cherry? ubbrollsmile

Greetings to everyone!! Although I don't talk too much, I feel like I know you and I love you all!

Keep it up!
Larry Laffer

Eat right, exercise reguraly, die anyway

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
I can see it... Or at least part of the problem; I'm learning this too.

At the point where you go to move your left arm from on top on the left, over to the right, you bend your arm back to the left.

Stand with your arms crossed, left arm on top, and then tilt your left hand around your right wrist to point underneath. Then you do another circle there.

i *believe* that you then angle the right poi out to the right hand side, swing it round, and start over ont he right. Hang on... video... https://www.domorepoi.com/lessons/weave/5%20beat%20weave.htm

And now you're started posting, keep it up biggrin

welcome Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
wavehello

ok first problem is you're not weaving. You spinning them in the same timing but they need to be split time to be a weave. Practice that lots first as 3 bt weave and then you can move onto five. Problem is if you dont nail the basics good it's really hard to progress to trickier tricks.

also, you might like to try HERE for some really good video lessons

Good luck dude!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
welcome

&

ditto

Tiz a sweet site for tutorial stuff and real clear descriptions of how to do stuff biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
His vid looks very similar to what someone told ME was a 5beat weave. Obviously, now i know it's not biggrin But it throws all the timing off....

smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i put this on here a while back:
[Old link]

hope that helps.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yea i think that is in same time. To get it clean, with 1 poi up and 1 down, pratice or imagine your using a broomstick. That is where your poi would normally be, once you can understand that then u can concentrate and mix what your doing in your vid into your weave set and you get OFFSET WEAVES!! biggrin whoohoo only halfway there dude, keep praticing 4bt and ull have it tomorrow smile

Good luck and Welcome biggrin

LLafferBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Hey, thank you all for your great replies!

I will try all your advices asap! I knew I was doing something wrong...

Thank you!!

Eat right, exercise reguraly, die anyway