Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Imperistannewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Hello Ya'll,

Nice to hear you all had a good time! How was the weather? There was much rain at my place (wierden, overijssel), and my thougth where: Ah, I hope it's not raining at the meeting. Too bad I couldn't come. i'll mee you guys later smile

Imp

Hooray. Another dutch Poier...... smile

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Another saturday afternoon lost to the blue bars of rendering biggrin
The first movie from the poi meet yesterday is online. I've got a whole load of footage left over so there will be a part two. Enjoy
8mb .wmv

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Wow!! Loved the vid!
Kim@nl

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Cool Vid.
Great stuff from everybody, you inspired me.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
You're getting better Mot [with editing] smile! Good music/video chapter structure, playfull effects... Luvvin it!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
yeah really nice vid!!!!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Written by: Telpeva Isil

Heya People, I had loads of fun yesterday, watching jugglers (the real kind, with balls and such ^_^ ), playing diabolo, drinking while watching acryl move... I needed that, it was quite a long while ago.

And Nantheos; Just mailed you some details, but for now I'll put you on the list, so ->
Telpeva: 4 meters
Marco.cj: 4 meters
Ignus: 4 meters
pOp: 4 meters
Mickey_D: 2 meters
Kim.nl: 2 meters
Stickman: 2 meters
Nantheos: 2 meters
Which is 24 meter, about six to go. Have you heard anything from the juggling shop yet pOp?

Sign me up for another 2 meter

And Mot, Ioved that movie! I'm looking forward to part II!
Next meeting I'll bring my own Cancorder too, I wanted at the meeting but I just tptally forgot! Guess the 19th than :-)

Thomas

goagirlnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
hallo ,
i am not from the nederlands but i live in belgium i am also looking for some belgium spinners , whe never now !
het kan nooit niet zijn dat ik hier de enige ben .
ik ben net bezig met spinning dus echt veel breng ik er nog niet van terecht maar al doende leert men .
en spin jij al lang ?

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hello GoaGirl, welcome to HoP and the Dutch thread welcome
where in belgium are you from?
I met a belgium girl last summer, but she was from the french part.
I could contact her if you live close to there...

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Thx for the vid !
Wish i can be there next time !

Olivier

PUFnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hello dear poi-stars,
nice to read you're keep on planning meetings. It's a long time ago I've check this place. But in a meanwhile I'm very busy making new poi now the weather is not so kindly. I hope I can join you on the next meeting at 18.00 in The Hague. I'll see if I can make it. So far I wish you a good time. Till then: be nice beware & take care.

Faya

**Poi*Unique*United*Unlimited*Faya**

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hey guys,

I got a feeling this thread will be moved to the new meet others section...

Stickman, since you are the initiator of this thread: how about changing the opening post into something general about this thread.
and maybe even put a couple of sections in there stating City and a list of the spinners from in or around that city (or do it that fancy that all the names are links to that person's info page), and then ofcourse it should be updated as we find new spinners in our cold, snowy country...

sounds like a plan to me...

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
or maybe just start a:
"the all new dutch spinners from Holland, the Netherlands thread" right there???

(with the before mentioned city lists and links to the personal pages)

I'm bored most of the time, I would volunteer to type the whole thing up.

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hmmm, I think you can change the title from a thread anyways, so all the previous posts could stay in it....

oh well, I still volunteer to type the whole thing, including hot-links...

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
bounce2 Yippee!!!!! my 222nd post

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ok, that's enough "posts in a row" from me for now (I told you I was bored)
*looks around for some socks and some leftover beans to make new sockpoi with...

meditate eRic.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ubblol OK, one more then, it will be the last one, I promise wink....

meditate eRic.

580 posts

Posted:
hey pop,

you know id love to do all that but it seems you have more of a passion for it than i do. besides, im crap with computers and everything relating to them, so i wouldnt even know where to start, let alone make links..

mot, realy nice video, keep em coming. btw, i hope you can teach me a few new tricks, cuz ive been practicing, but getting sorta stuck.
man, i see i reallly missed out on this one huh? fire jugglers, diabolo, devilsticks, and somebody with double staff (who was that, that was nice!) well, next time.. im definitely there on saturday!! no way am i missing that.

169 posts

Posted:
uhm there wasn't anyone with double staff, was there? The video was a little dark, that might have you confused. But it was really cool though!

Kim@nl, remember the thumb with spinning the staff in one hand? I narrowed it down to sence, if you DON'T use it, you eventually DO grab the end of the staff and burn yourself. You also can start with the thumb, but just stick to the second spin. It's the best way, trust me!

Thomas

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
I think I know the bit you were talking about. That was me standing behind telpeva and both doing poi. Theres some funny patterns there. Part 2 is on the way. It's just the left overs from the first one though.

I think I might have to be alittle late next sat. Work interfering with my social life again, godammit.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
WOEI!

Meer hollands volk dan ik dacht hier!
Ik kom uit woerden. Mocht iemand een keer zin hebben om te poi'en in utrecht ofzo, voeg me toe met msn: anonomatos@hotmail.com ... ik ben praktisch elke dag in utrecht ivm studie en vrienden smile

That was basically dutch for: I'm a poi addict and I'm searching for some fellow poi-people near utrecht biggrin

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
Written by: anonomatos

WOEI!
That was basically dutch for: I'm a poi addict and I'm searching for some fellow poi-people near utrecht biggrin

rolleyes you see? we need a first post in this thread with a city list....

meditate eRic.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hey anonomatos, welcome to the dutch thread.

I'm living in utrecht. We spin here in a park near my place quite regularly. And all the other meetings in holland that we try to get to. But you should give me a shout sometime if you want to go for a session in utrecht.

I might not be able to make it on saturday frown work is a bastard. We'll see. Speaking of bastards, so is this

I'm on 10066

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Ok everyone, about the kevlar... I'm planning to order it right now, the spare 4 meters will find their way to somebody I guess. So, how are we going to arrange things... The kevlar should be ordered with my account, since I get 15% discount ^_^, and since I'm not very rich, I was thinking about everyone putting 10 euro per meter on my bankaccount (which I will PM then). When I have recieved the stuff, I will make beautiful packages for everyone, and hopefully some money back as well if the "douane" was friendly enough...

Anybody better ideas or agreed smile?

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
anonomatos & Goa Girl -> Welcome here, hope too see you both soon! 2 Goa Girl -> which city are you from? If it's close to the Netherlands there might be possibilities...

Ow and Stickman/Ignus, I heard that my old buddy Roddy has entered the world of staff, cool cool !!

and pOp, the namechange would be usefull anyhow, better for newby's to find, so I vote: go ahead. And the page would be usefull as well, what are you planning to put in it? Name, place, email/site? I might be able to help you, but I lack internet at home for the next month :'(...

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
About Saturday: Which time do you start Thomasfire? And do you have something like an exact adres? Since I'm not very familiar in Amsterdam I really need an adres.
I was thinking about join you in the beginning, and then pick one of the last normal trains back to the hague, so that should be like leaving around 23.30 or so.

Mot -> Sunday ? nopez, sorry... I am maybe going to a juggling acrobat thingie, hope it will be nice! And your square things? Dude, get a life tongue. Respect for your score though wink...

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Be Welcomed new people!!! smile

Is the meet for the 19th still on in Amsterdam vondelpark???

Greetz Lil

580 posts

Posted:
telpeva, i think its a great idea (but mainly because i wanna finish my staff :P ) but thanx for taking intitiative.

mot, you have way too much time on your hands.. i just tried your little square game, and got around 3500 the first time.. but yea, its a bastard. How do you find this stuff man?

and finally, welcome to the infamous "Dutch Thread" anonomatos (notice the capitals) i also live in utrecht, and am always up for a meet.. just give us a shout here if you have any ideas, as we will do the same.

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
cool will do or i could give it to you if i see you saturday...
do we have a meeting point besides in the vondelpark for all those who are not native to the place? since i dont really know my way around there...

see you all in amsterdam...

Mike

ps
final score:17423
you got 143 squares

my third game tongue...what a useless probably majorly frustration inducing game you dug up this time wink got more ?:D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
The "meet" is still on, still in the Vondelpark. Uhm I'll see If I can make some kind of map or so for the people who don't have a clue where it is.

Anyway, starts at 22:00 which is a bit late, but I'm unable to make it any earlier. You guys can meet earlier of course.

The place is gonna be next to the monument, near to Het Blauwe Theehuis, next to the water. I'm going to find a map or something like that.

Thomas

Page: ......