Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya Guy Tzabi,

I see you found your way to the dutch thread?! Goody! Welcome here!
I think a meeting surely can be arranged, Fuero and I are indeed a little busy, but we must be able to find an evening to spin, right? Mickey and Anono are surely in for it, and maybe they are not that active on HoP, but Flientje, Noortje, Marc, Tanja, Jirin are also living in the neigbourhood....

So shall we pick a date for a meet then?

And a little more on streetperformances: I only know the rules of the scheveningen area, at the beach. Wonderfull for busking in the summer, on nice days, and when there is fireworks, and that is going to be in december again. Rules: Only one person-acts, and no fire. I have busked over there with fire without any license at all, and was asked friendly afterwards to leave. The license can be picked up for free, but only one out of every two mondays between 8 and 10 AM, and is valid for two weeks.

And other areas in the Hague? No idea, best is to visit a police station and simply ask I guess... And busking places: walk around the center of town, the spuiplein, Het Plein, grote markt plein and the square next to the Binnenhof are all possibilities.

Good luck & see you soon,

Telpeva

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
And a warm welcome to Tzabi!
Well, people, listen to this one.

I got a email form this dude Jason Chilton. I've never seen him or anything, but he's from London, coming to Amsterdam like the 2nf of December fot the weekend. He told me he would like to meet up and have a drink and play some poi, the usual. So I'm proposing a meet in Amsterdam the 2nd of December. I know it's gonne be cold and all, but with a little booze and a little fire, I guess its possible. Ans it's still pretty far away...but whadda y'all say?

Thomas beerchug

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
You just say when and where and i will see you there....

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

Here I am again after a huge holiday with heaps of travelling. Would be cool to meet with that guy from Londen and of course you all!! Let me know when its gonna be. Cheers.

To be free, happy and crazy..

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
High everybody!

Thomas asked me a few weeks ago, to come to a meeting, because it's a long time ago. (the last one i've been, was last December in the vondelpark). Maybe some people remember me? Actually i'm very busy right now, but next week I got Fall holiday. Who's into a meeting next week, on Friday the 28th??
Amsterdam (Vondelpark) will be nice. So let me know, if ya like to come! Especially you Thomas, ghehe..

PS: Hi Anouk, do you like to come?

169 posts

Posted:
Well now, I don't really have thing into my own hands today do I? Everybody ubbrollsmile is telling me what to do :-)
But that's fone with me....so lemme get this straight:
-Fridat the 28th, Vondelpark, Amsterdam
-December the 2nd, Vondelpark, Amsterdam

Well, there's plenty of time between to have another meet. Any ideas? I suppose A meet in The Hague is an optionm so we can meet up with Tzabi and Dutchfire. But I let the arranging (dates and stuuf) to the The Hague-crew. And as for me, I like a meet in Utrecht (there's certenly time for two meets right?)

Goody! clap

Thomas

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Well I dont know where but I think a meeting should take place either tomorrow or on Sunday.

you should say where and what time

tell me what you think....

Tzabi

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
(Okay Thomas! So you come definetely Fridyay the 28th of October???)

Thomasfire and Devil - D inviting you all to come!! Be there, it will be fun!
EDITED_BY: Devil - D (1129894119)

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
For me, Utrecht is okay as well, to meet the 28th.

169 posts

Posted:
Hey Tzabi, I think today or tomorrow (sunday) is bit on a short notice. I think the 28th (next week) is better indeed.
As where it should be...well, Amsterdam is fine with me of course, but O dunno, if it's easier for people to met up elswhere....as long it's not too far away (Devil - D lives up North) everthing is okay! So if anyone has suggestions, post post post! If not, I'm just assuming where gonna have it in Amsterdam!

Do all come!

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
damn tzabi, I was really interested in watching your spin-style + performance ideas, but I'm quite exhausted from spinning with fire whole week :-/... and tomorrow: Performing again, for the last day, can't you stay untill monday evening/day ubbangel? that can be arranged!

169 posts

Posted:
Telp, you're right. I think we're all interrested in seeing someone spin anyways. I mean, wasn't that the reason we stared doing it? Because it looks pritty and we wanna be able to do that too? It was mine!

So besides the technique, I manely like to watch spinning on the count of it's prittyness!

Thomas

dutch fireSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
'till now 28th is fine for me, but it would be cool to spin in Utrecht, since i'm living there ;-) i'll hear from you guys

To be free, happy and crazy..

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Well, about the 28th. Utrecht is fine for me, because it's more near to Deventer you see?. It depends on how many people will come. Otherwise Ams' vondelpark is okay as well. So for now, who's into meet up in Utrecht the 28th? Post, post post!

Peace,

The Devil

169 posts

Posted:
Suggestions are cool! And Utrecht is cool! Finally a meet in Utrecht which I can join bounce bounce2
And now I'm waiting on the Utrecht-crew; to tell us what's a good place to play?

And by the way, what time you guys wanna meet up?
Friday I've to work till 5, and it'll take me almost an hour traveling to get to Utrecht CS. According to cs.nl I can be there about 18:12, the earliest.

So, what's the plan? Of course I can scout my way through the city and meet up with you guys asap.

Thomas hug2

580 posts

Posted:
hey guys

yea cool! a meet in utrecht soundsl like a good idea.. havent heard anything from mot neph or anonomatos or any of the other utrecht inhabitants, but im up for a meet this friday.

the wilhelmina park is nice, take bus 3 from utrecht CS to Burg. Fockema Andrealaan, and get out at Burg. Reigerstr. and keep walking in the direction it was going (bus turns, but dont turn with it, just keep going straight) youll find it.

or......
lepelenburg park, weve been there before.. take bus 11,3,4,8 to stadsschouwburg, and just ask for it.. its really close.

do ppl have preferences for times? i cant be there till 19:00ish, and well kinda have to hope the weather works with us.. as in no rain for a change!

stick

580 posts

Posted:
almost at 2000 posts guys!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

169 posts

Posted:
Well, I'll let you guys choose the park, anything is fine with me. And Stick, thankx for the , at least people who arn't familier in Utrecht can find the place!

2000 posts, eh?

I guess that calls for a party post as soon as we get there

Thomas wow

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
So Me, dutchfire, Thomas and Stickman will come this friday the 28th in de wilhelmina park? Hope more people will come though.
But if these 3 people will come, it's okay!

169 posts

Posted:
Well, if the Utrecht-crew is reading this :-)
Anyway, I'm up for it anyways, but me tto I hope some more people will show up grouphug ubbrollsmile

See y'all friday....has anyone got an Idea where and howlate we're gonna catch up?

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Well, rather not too late. I think 19:00 is okay, because I think i go home that same evening. Maybe I can regulate a place to sleep. But around 19:00 in de wilhelminapark?

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hello me darlins,

Sorry, haven't been paying much attention to the tread: I'm up for Friday (it's supposed to be 20 degrees, that's almost cold enough for hot chocolate and rum, right? smile), Mot's working, probably until late so i don't think he'll be there frown

Different idea: when we were in Ireland last summer, the Dublin crew told us they had busked for Tsunami-relief, and raised 1300 euros in 4 hours. I think it would be great if we could do something similar next week for the EARTHQUAKE RELIEF in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.

I'm happy to take care of organisation (get permission from the Gemeente etc.), but I need to know whether enough people are up for it. I think Amsterdam would be the best bet in terms of numbers of people, (hopefully somewhere like the Dam), and I'm thinking Friday: people will be going out, and the weekend tourists will be there (and also Mot will be available and I reckon he'd be a crowd-pleaser smile).

It would also be cool if we could find some drummers or other musicians to accompany us, but I'll get to work on that if enough people respond here - and if we can't find anyone we'll just use a gettoblaster or sumfin (smiles sweetly at Telp smile)

I'm not considering putting together a choreographed show, there's not enough time for that, but if enough people come we'll be able to keep it up for a few hours, if people take it in turn (or in twos and threes) to spin, and for people who stop to look for a few minutes it will look interesting even without a real show. I say 'we', but as most of you know I rarely spin fire, so I probably won't be doing it for the first time in months in front of a crowd! However, I'd be happy to be responsible for fire safety (I reckon this will be necessary to get permission to do it) and taking care of the money. I think if we put down a couple of big signs saying its for the Earthquake vicitms, people will probably give more than they usually do to buskers, so it could work quite well. I'll take the money to the bank the next day to deposit it on giro 800800 with whomever of you will come with me as guards smile

So, long story short:

- next Friday, november 4
- Amsterdam (hopefully)
- between 7pm and however long we can keep it up

please let me know ASAP whether you can come so I can start arranging things!
I'll also be spamming all of you to check the thread for this post, sorry about that biggrin

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Okay Nephy, it's a great idea.

So you got me...Will bring the bodhran, guitar, etc.

Also the jugglestuff.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Great idea!!!!!!!! Im in for it! I only play (fire)devilsticks, but i think it doesnt matter.
What we need is a huge 'spandoek' with "Jugglers for Pakistan" or something on it. Who got time for it to make something like that? Otherwise it's maybe a good idea to make it with eachother before we start juggling.

PS: For the list of the 28th i got: Me, Dutchfire, Thomas, Stickman, Nephyts

835 posts

Posted:
smile Great, guys!!!! hug And of course devilsticks are great too, the more diversity the better!
Yep, we definitely need signs saying it's a fundraiser, both in Dutch & English - we'll work out the details once we're sure we have enough people & permission to do this!

My brother can probably get some drummers to come, I'll keep you posted...

hug

Neph

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid my share will only exist of sharing the new little ghettoblaster if that is desired, cuz in the evening I am Most Likely not available, I'll let you guys know if there is hole in my planning.
*think think*
*denk denk*
[already thought out a plan where I can be there from 7 till 8.15, that's about the max I can get out of it :-/ ]

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Ghehe, your gettoblaster. Don't forget the batteries please!

835 posts

Posted:
biggrin Sounds like you're making a huge effort to be there at all, thanks Telp!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I've been doing some brainstorming with erm.... me :-) Here's what I've got so far:

I'm assuming enough people will be interested that I'll be on the phone to the gemeente tomorrow to get permission for this. Assuming we get permission....

- we should have signs made in advance, so that we know whatever we make "works" i.e. doesn't fall over, doesn't need someone holding it up all evening. (The weather report so far is mild, but possibly windy) If people could ask around at their offices etc., i think flip-chart easels would be great for this: they're stable, and they're high enough that whatever we write on them will be legible to people quite far away. I might be able to borrow one from my old office. Oh, and if possible the signs should be waterproof.... it is November after all!

- if we get permission to do this on the Dam, we'll need to keep it really, really organised and professional... I'd say for instance, no alcohol drinking anywhere near or associatable with the event... preferably not at all

- I keep saying "spinners" but obviously all kinds of performances are welcome!!!!!

- maximum 3 spinners going at the same time? That's a big enough number to look impressive, but small enough that it's easy to keep tabs on whether they or the audience are on fire at all smile Also, this means peeps get breaks in between performing so we can keep going for longer before people's arms start to fall off etc. smile.

- We could have a rota system: everyone who wants a spin puts their name on a list: every time someone is done performing they cross themselves off the list (and add themsleves to the bottom of it if they want another go) and the next person on the list takes their place. We could even make it a kind of perform-a-thon "we've now been performing for x hours solid!!"

- If I could recruit some lovely assistants at certain intervals during the evening, it might be nice to count what we've collected and have that up on a board somewhere as well... any psychologists here who know whether that will inspire people to give more? If it runs into hundreds of euros (you never know) it might be handy if a couple of people discreetly take it away at half-time and put in a station locker.... but that's getting over-optimistically ahead of things I guess smile

- anyone who knows drummers, get them to come!! The sound of drums carries far and is a great accompaniment to spinning.

All thoughts, additions, vetoes etc. most welcome!!!!!

hug

Neph

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
smile jaj can i addition me? :P i do believe i am free that night and since i havent been spinnig for two months (or so)solid i am deprived and almost over the withdrawel symptoms (yeah righ if that is ever possible)..

anyway id love to come. i will have a look for signs though i wont make promises cause of timemanagement problems ><

wont be coming this week to utrecht but have fun and hope to see you in A'dam..

Mike

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Heya boys and girls,

I am sad to say that i wont be in the country on the 4th of november so i wont be a part of your Amsterdam apeal.

however I will be able to get to the meeting in utrecht this friday and i believe that however wants to do the apeal it could help in a few ways:
1)you will spin fire if you havent done it in a while. and it wont be infront of a crowd but infront of friends...
2)we can all deal with all the administrative parts of the apeal together and with some brain-storming come up with the best plan for the apeal.
3)people that wont be able to attend the apeal can still help in all these ways.
4) I will have the honor of meeting the dutch crew (last one is my selfish reason.... )

Page: ......