Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Falmouth II - Bigger, Brighter & Burnier than ever

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mr Fish o'flame is right, I think we need to have a new thread for the second meet especially as it won't let me edit the title of the old one rolleyes

So here's the open invitation to everyone who reads this to join us in Falmouth. It seems most agree on the weekend of 6th-8th or there round abouts (I'll be there from the 5th) and we're camping

here at the same campsite

and spending our nights

here on Maenporth Beach

If you wanna see what the last meeting looked like visit

Soton Firespinners to download the video

If anyone wants to come just turn up but we'd appreciate a post or two to let us know so we can be sure the campsite can expect a certain number of people although they have lots of space and no doubt would fit us in without a problem.

Its a winner, you know it makes sense, be there or be a square poi and besides what else have you got to do you bunch of weirdos!?! wink

And if we want it better I think we should be a little better prepared for funness, does anyone have one of those massive tents like army ones? Or would anyone be interested in piling into a couple of chalets perhaps? And maybe a generator for tunes on the beach *cough*strugz*cough* for when the bones start showing through Mags' fingers?! wink Any other suggestions folks? Could people all try to bring a little wood with them please? Even a few sticks each will make a massive difference but if Brad wants to use his 100% work discount again that'd be well cool biggrin hug2

So who's-a comin? bounce bounce2 grouphug devil kiss beerchug wow hehe ubbrollsmile juggle weavesmiley ubblove biggrin ubbidea sunny

The list currently looks like this and I'll keep this post updated for ease of looking for links and names etc

FALMOUTH II Peeps - For Sure!

==========================

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

George Fri-sun and at least 6 friends

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday Fri-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

x-aimee-x Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Fri-sun

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibly

==========================

Duballstar

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard)

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firemonkey

Spanner

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Garthy it's dead easy from Bristol, it's only three roads including the M5 till you get there.

Have just spoke to the campsite they're charging £13 for two people + one tent + one car. And if you do what BAD BAD Mags did it won't cost you a penny umm

Written by: Vix

How long does it take to get to falmouth from urs???

Was that directed at me? From Telford to Falmouth its anywhere between 5 1/2-7 hours depending how much I thrash, erm, drive Georges car ubbangel As we've gotta go into Brizzle to pick up Rossco I'd say we leave at 11am, get Ross at 1ish (with a bit of luck if his bosses are nice and let him out early) and get to Falmouth no later than 6.

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
my bosses are indeed very nice and gave me the whole day off! biggrin

That means i'll be ready to go from about 7 a.m. onwards. biggrin

now all i need to do is find a way to convince bug that it would be a good idea to come to my house on wednesday night, sleep over and then take us onwards from there, its a shorter journey from my house and i wont have to even think aboot going to bristol then. wink ubbangel hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
wow... it really looks like im going!!!im super duper excited!!! Just need a tent, some led strobe poi, and regain my vision, and im away! wahoo! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
*doesn't take much convincing*

we're there dude hug hug2 bounce2

434 posts

Posted:
Bug you are just too eezy buddy! wink ubbangel

Thanks man, i'm sure we can find space for leisa too, and you'll all get to try my magic veggie lasagne. (once ive learned how to make it that is) biggrin

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Vixen - don't worry i'm a loner too. I'm travelling down alone. And back up again alone.

I slept in other people's tents last time...may do that again...as i haven't gotten round to buying one yet ubbangel and money is going down very very quickly. (but my next pay day is 6th August and i'll be in Falmouth then!)

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

434 posts

Posted:
no ones a loner, everyones welcome!(except pikeys and octogenarians) hug biggrin

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmmm!

I feel like a bit of a stranger in the thread for my local spin, having just read over 100 posts in it since I last checked! rolleyes

Still, two weeks today, and I shall be in Falmouth(probably Mags' garden) trying to not break my beamers this time!!

*looks impatiently at watch*

*taps foot*

*looks impatiently at watch again*

Damn I can't wait to see those again who I met last time, and meet more lovverly folks coming down!

bounce

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you mean, as im not comming down im not a loverly person bird?

Step (el-nombrie)

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Now you're putting words in my mouth!

tongue

Besides - you will be far better off than us, you're going to the warm side of the planet, not coming to damp ol' Cornwall! wink

Next time dude, next time! biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

CrazyHippyChickSILVER Member
errrrrr what?
198 posts

Posted:
Rossco darlin make room for me and i promise not to force mushroom tea or hash cakes on you this time wink

I'll come back as fire and burn all the liars and leave a blanket of ashes on the ground.
I could write the new bridget jones diary only mine would be more bizarre, funnier, dirtier more unbelievabe and bloody true!

434 posts

Posted:
i dont remember anything being forced. i was only to happy to help out. biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'm not the only easy one am I Rossco?! wink

434 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i'm not easy, i just have good manners. biggrin wink tongue nana

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Benn talking to flyreflyz from firetoys board and he says he has some sparkly poi to bring and would anyone like one making for them? I reckon if we have a massive line of sparkley's it'd look sweet weavesmiley

I'm havin some, anyone else?

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Are the sparkely poi the one that use wire wool and fling molten bits of metal around. eek

They look cool but a line of people spinning could cause real probelm's.

We could go down in the record books as the largest number of people injured while spinning poi. biggrin ubblol

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
diagonal line of people would work...

I was thinking about a wire-wool rope dart - as every time you did a kick with it, or pulled it back quickly, you'd get a cool burst of sparks.

Then I thought - Ah, but it'll burn the crap ouf of you when it goes wrong.

So I stopped thinking about it smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah diagonal would be cool, look good on film too smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Man you guys have all been talking bout what ive been thinkin, i come here to post the idea and youve all beat me to it wink

2 staggerd lines will work a treat - bit like WWWW

on each poin of the W spaced well enuf it will work - most ive ever been part of is 3 sets of wool at once - would be nice to beat that record - id say about 5 would be a good limit - but hey saying that - i kinda like no limits biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Would look soooo good... will have to bring the video camera!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

434 posts

Posted:
if people are making sparkly poi i'll have some please! biggrin

i've been after some for a while now so i'm up for the sparklefest 100%! biggrin biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Strugz

id say about 5 would be a good limit - but hey saying that - i kinda like no limits biggrin

jolly good, he currently has 6 for himself and the extra orders are added to the pile.

devil weavesmiley devil

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
wwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooo hhhhoooooooooooooooooooo

finaly got registered it only took me 2 weeks!!!!!!!

yeah i will be bringing some equipment with me maybe one morning we could all get together and make a [censored] load!!!!
Bring plenty of film for those cameras!!!!!
its goin to be a bit manic!!!!!!!!
(jus finished yours sir custom of bugness!)
12 days and counting...................

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Raaaaa! Looks like I'm down to go then, woooooooo! I'm well excited now. I suppose I'd better read through this bloody long thread then hadn't I?

Wooooo *dances*

Unfortunately I won't have a staff by the time I go though, as I am expecting one for my birthday, which is on the 16th August. frown I shall be stealing all of yours. ALL of them.

"Take that, math!"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
YEY!! Hiya Mike hug glad to see you finally made it on! Can't wait for the sparkly-ness hug

yo puresock, you can steal my staff but if it tries to hug you and give you a kiss you don't appreciate don't blame me if you're bruised ubbangel

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
sorry *off topic*
im in devon! now! i managed to sneak in the fire poi in my suitcase. if anybody is wants to meet up with lil ol' me then pm for my mobby. pls?!

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
It only took me bout 10 attempts!!! but hey im here now.......two weeks to go and everyone will be waking up about now smelling the remains of the friday night burn,parrafin, residues of sativa maximus strenthus and maybe a few nursing hangovers, comedowns redface and burns(maybe). i cant wait.............
i was thinking!! seeing as there will be a lot of people there that dont know each other would it be a good idea if everyone made a funky sticker or badge to bring with them with their name, or screen name might be better so you can work out who's who?
biggrin wink

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
don't worry, you'll soon get to know everyone. It took all of about 5 minutes to get to know everyones name last time so it'll be cool. I think it's more fun if you try and guess who's who to see how close your idea of what they look like is wink biggrin

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
or u could just go up to everyone and say hi. im looking forward to being there for more than one night this time biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, thats such a bad and poo idea!

all you have to do is say hi, and im *insert name* how are you? thats about it, we are all nice ppl, and last time we all had a blast without name tags!

so just ask!

and if anyone wakes up with serious burns, they will be doing it at their own cost, safty is paramount ppl, no one was stupid last time and got burnt, so please odnt make assumpitions like that!

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......