MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Tonight is my father's yahrtzeit, which the Shabbat (sabbath) closest to the one year anniversary of his death according to the Hebrew Calendar (which is different from the Gregorian Calendar). He died 17 June, 2003.

I'll be going to Temple tonight with my mother.

I think back at this time on the things that have happened since he died. I have delivered babies, cared for sick kids, seen the inside of a living human body, learned to make life-and-death decisions in a split second, peered inside the workings of the human brain, and the human mind, looked into the daily lives of strangers, mastered the intricate mechanisms that maintain our homeostasis, and I have seen death, both of people I knew well, and people I had never met.

I have moved towards a greater understanding of who I am as a human being. I have met new friends, entered new circles, and seen and done things I'd never imagined I would. I've suffered, I've worked, I've despaired. And I've exulted.

On 18 June, 2003, my father came to visit me, aged early 20's, dressed in full dress Navy uniform, and grinning me in an expresson of love, gratitude, relieff, and bliss. I've felt his presence very strongly on occasions since then, but I've never had the Vision again. On 19 June, a very wise man told me "You can never truly be a man while your father is alive." I miss my father, but...I think this is truth.

This has been quite a year. I sure wish I could have told my Dad about it. He would have loved my stories from this year. But what an amazing year it's been! I'm living!!!!

weavesmiley

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

Out of the ashes rises the Phoenix. Out of tragedy, we grow.

All of these things would have happened anyway, but your perspective on them is different now than if your father were alive.

Cheers to you, lightning, for being the person you are.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
wow. i truly do look up to you mike. you are a wise and compassionate human being. your father raised you well, and i'm sure he is looking down at you and is immensely proud.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's over. Man, I hate going to Temple. Boring.
EDITED_BY: L i g h t n i n g (1087005511)

-Mike

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
its a good thing my church has lots of pretty stained glass windows or else id lose my mind form boredom on the few occasions i actually go

congrats lightning on overcoming your grief to become strong, its like this, your so-and-so, son of so-and-so until you do something to distinguish yourself or your father dies, i agree with the statement that you cant really be a man until your father dies, because as long as hes alive your somebody's little boy>>>>> hug

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hug
ubblove

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug

that is an interesting comment that the wise man told you Lightning. Do you think that it is true for women..that you can never be a woman until your mother dies? ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*grabs Pink and tickles her silly*

-Mike