Page: ......
Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
monday nights!

middle meadow walk!

from about 10ish

theres also tollcross have a circus skills thingy from 7 till 9 in the community school £1 for concessions £2 otherwise

EUJS! Edinburgh University Juggling Club! wednesday in chaplaincy centre from 7 till 9 The 10th will be the last meeting of spring term

and We should mention that's there's a new juggling/spinney thing on saturday at the FOREST CAFE 2till5 with one of those hours usually devoted to a workshop shouldn't we

dunno why no-ne ever said before...

mind you theres not much to say... cept its cool! smile

EDITED_BY: Kit (1081393978)

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Further to Ben's comment, we'll be heading down Friday lunchtimeish (blimmin work. Hrumph) and can probably squeeze a couple of bodies into the Behemoth. Again for petrol offerings.
Coming back Monday when all the fun has ended. frown

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
and the next set of deleted posts... sorry all ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Sunbird

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Tempest_FirefaeGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm new to Scotland. I heard there were twirling nights in Ed on Mondays, but I'm not sure where. Are they still running?

"Then you shall find that it containeth things of far higher value than the box did promise..."

stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Another happy Aussie resting in Kincardine (Scotland) for the moment smile How amazing and green and cheerful is everybody here?

Also, have x3 places in my car to PLAY for the measley price of splitting fuel. Any interested parties?

Also, what's the word on busking in Edinburgh? Know any good spots? Do you need a permit? If so, where from?
EDITED_BY: WakingTempest (1149969648)

"Then you shall find that it containeth things of far higher value than the box did promise..."

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
They're still on, yes smile

(bottom left corner on the map... there's a pub called Doctors at Teviot Place/Forest Road. From there, you take the path down to the Meadows, follow the middle walk, and see firey people on your right side. Obviously, if you're coming from Marchmont we'll be on the left tongue

I should be there from 10 or 10.30-ish smile

Busking spots... the Royal Mile is usually best, then there are some places along Princes Street (like the Wellington Monument and the Mound), and there's often people on Rose Street which is parallel to Princes Street and quite busy. Not sure about permits, you do need one for the festival (info on www.edfringe.com); we've done some small busks without but that wasn't in the main touristy season! Hope someone else will help you out there hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

stranger
20 posts

Posted:
thanks muchly. Will be heading on over v shortly, and will see you all tomorrow night at the twiriling, rain or moonshine!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
rain? nooooooo! Don't even think about it and it won't happen wink

It's Alec's last time to play here before going to Canada by the way, so NO bad weather and NO excuses for not being there!!!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
frown i forgot my little fire poi ... it was raining in fife and when i saw the sun in edinburhg was just thinking damm and blast bad kittens

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hiya,
Have you guys been to a pub called the Sandy Bells? Some friends of mine have recomended the session there (playing trad tunes) have any of you guys ever gone along?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Yup. 'S allright. Nice beer. Friendly people.

Go early if you want a seat though, tis teeny! And have to squeeeeze past musicians to get to the loo.

KITTENS!!!!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Yeah, been there, too. Just off the Meadows, so you can listen to music and then play biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
haha next time i go to the medows i just shout birgit really loud i really shoudl try and work out who is who smile

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooh sounds fun. yay for squeezy little sessions.
I can't wait to meet you all! I fly to the uk in less than a week now! bounce2 bounce2

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
ubblol this time I had new double-cathedral-poi and was wearing a gothy top with spiderweb neck smile lol... maybe next monday I'll post something like that BEFORE going wink

How's your jobsearch going, flicky?

End Eveish, will you have internet access or do you want my address and number before you leave? Just remind me in time, so I'll have the sofa ready for you smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
not to bad .. not trying amazingly ahrd cause its still a month till i move. I knwo there are palces i cna get a job starting within the week anyway ... but i wnat to try and work somewhere i like smile x ... i saw double catherdral poi but i dont remeber the lady spinnin em harhar. I cant even rember what i was weraing i was with my lovley tall lanky blodne friend who i'm trying to teach a little of my basic knowlede but we did just sit nad watch the prudy flames

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
hopefully I will be able to bring some music and a device capable of rendering it into sound waves for the next one...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
smile someone was asking me about drummers... weren't there always a big bunch of Spanish hippies with djembes sitting around in summer? I think I remember them...

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
yo, one space left in my motor...

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oOOOooooo

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Edinburgh... fire... night...

All three things ring a bell. Might have to refresh myself.

And create my "Flaming Bowl of the Apocalypse". Just to impress Meg, y'know.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well if it's anything at all like the flaming spinning plate... don't bother.

no really.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! tongue

Hey, if all goes well, MY MOM might show up at Edinburgh Fire Night in two weeks. biggrin

Then again, it's kind of past her bed time. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
What does your mom spin? I assume you've taught her loads wink

My parents came along for Beltane practice last year... since then they keep asking me how my Kindergarten group is doing, must be something to do with the warm-up games ubbangel

(G.W. Dahlquist)

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
Kindergarten. Had I been drinking tea, it would now be all over the monitor.

It's kind of past my bed time too. Except the holidays start on Friday, in TWO AND A HALF DAYS!!!! Not that I'm counting or anything.

KITTENS!!!!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
:missinedsmiley:

wave

Love is the law.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Oh, anyone looking for a room? Or know someone who knows someone who might be looking for a room? Cause I need a flatmate y'know!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
whens eveish here?

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Early August, just emailed her to confirm dates and phone numbers and things!

Oh, and Ado, I have an invitation by a nice young man to go and visit Limerick. Shame you're not there anymore frown

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Page: ......