Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Just to really meander around, do you ever think your dreams haev any bearing on your life? I don't think I really do, but I've had three types of weird expieriences...1. The dream that happened. only happened a couple of times, but sort of creepy2. The dream i thought was something taht had happened and later found out was just a dream. Also kind of odd, as I am remembering things that havn't actually happened. 3. Reacurring dreams or nightmares about something specific. The dreams are usually about things i want to tell people but havn't, or they point out something i havn't noticed about my feeling stworads a person. They don't repeat taht often. The nightmares were for a few months last fall, and they were basically about a certian period of my life, just over and over and over again. I dunno, i just wonder if anyone else has ever had anything real weird liek taht? or are dreams really just teh randomness of our brains?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I had a really wierd dream last night, but first I gotsta lay down the scean. My room is laid out to where my bed is in a corner with the head up against the wall and the right side on a wall. Ok I was lieing (sp sorry its too early to care a bout spelling) in bed with my back to my wall (so I am on my left side) I had my eyes closed not all the way asleep. When I see this guys face kinda lean over me! He said, "What are you doin?" Man that shocked the piss out of me I sat up and was like WTF for 5 minutes. Totaly spooked me hehe. Dang our dreams are really F-up!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I've always wanted to be able to do astral projection.... I'm not really sure if I belive in it or not, but it seems liek it would be cool. I think it's possible because i haev friends who can do a little bit of it, and i actually (at least amanaged to convince myself) that i was somewhere else once, it was very weird.... idunno... i'm prolly making myself out to be very weird now.... *runs and hides*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Hey Firefairy (or anyone else who might know), what is the actaul definition of astral projection? - i once had a dream that i was in a lego world, but i realised it was a dream, and i could control what was happening, so i just flew around to all these places and chatted to people i knew (but they were lego representations of themselves - of course!).. is that it ??

[ 05 April 2002, 04:04: Message edited by: falloutboy ]

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
i hereby add myself to the weird list with my dreams...

not that long ago i "thought" i had woken up, i was looking down at my body and tried to move only to find that i couldn't at all. I was thrashing my body with all my might but i stayed perfectly still, i started to freak out and then i woke up.
how freaky is that!

i have a question if anybody knows....
you know when sometimes you drift off to sleep and you wake up with a jolt, does that have anything to do with astral projection?
hmmmm i wonder indeed....

stay smilin

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
while we're talking about weird-ass stuff to do with dreams, has anyone else experienced this: sometimes when i wake up, my mind 'wakes up' before the rest of my body, so i am completely concious and can hear everything, but am unable to move my muscles.... it's freaky and scary.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
hey everybody

1. you can all remember your dreams, it's something learnable, you don't have to be born with this ability, i perfectioned it by keeping a "dream Diary", where i write down what i dreamt every morning, or at least when i am not already late (which tends to ALWAYS be the case now... ). another thing that helps is autosuggestion: every night, before falling asleep, tell yourself a lot of times that when you wake up you will remember what you dreamt. after some time you should start remembering a bit, and then more every time. besides, it's funny to read your dreams some time after you had them, i usually am able to feel exactly how i did in the dream...

2. i'm not going to tell you all my strange dreams, i do not have enough time right now... and every time i tell my friends, they look at me in a strange way, don't want to imagine you, just knowing my strange dreams...

3. realizing you are dreaming is called "lucid dreaming", and if you don't immediately wake up it can be an amazing experience, as you are able to control EVERYTHING and can do anything you have always wanted to, wihout any physic laws... kind of like in "Matrix". falloutboy, i think your lego dream is a lucid dream, and i see you took advantage of it

4. does anybody here know something about astral projections? i am really interested, but can't find anybody to really communicate to, just webpages, which help, but it's not the same... if you know something(anything, really), please e-mail me (sebas_best@hotmail.com), i'm really really really interested... (oh god, just had a deja-vu )

5. here's a question: don't you sleep A LOT more when anything in "real world" is wrong? like when you have problems at work, home, school, etc. or just the times everything seems to conspiring against you... i think it's kind of a protection, or at least i use it that way, hope i don't get addicted to it...

6. pele, your shared dreaming is really strange but funny, i've always wanted to have some special "feeling", as your dreams, but i don't think i have..

7. cealaigh, i've read that the jolt is usually part of coming back to your body after an astral projection, but can't tell you anything, as i haven't had any (conscious) astral projections. usually i wake up with a jolt after dreaming i fall, jump, or anything where my reflexes are needed. perhaps it's not JUST part of the astral projections, dunno.

phew, that was a lot, but i think that's all i have to say for now...
hugs&kisses

SaBBaS

P.S.: before i forget it, hope it helps... www.astralsociety.com

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Yeah, astral projection is quite fun

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Vision quests, astral projections, psychic journeys, all aspects of the modern practise of shamanism

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
could you email me and tell me a little more please spiral? also- in response to the sleeping more thing- i use it as an escape far beyond anything healthy. nothing can hurt me when i am unconcious....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I've had two... not even dreams always, waking pictures sometimes... closer to premonitions than anything....

but they've been reoccuring a lot lately...

one is the reoccuring picture of me on the mountain, with the widn blowing in my hair, alone, but free, and happy, and really beautiful... i can't wait to go their... i think it's a real place... it's not like having always been alone.. liek being alone now.. the freedom feels liek it came with a price i would never want to pay... but it is happy... just.. lonely... *can't describe*

the other is about looking around a rooom.... i'm happy.... it's weird.... i'm older than now .... at least ten, less than 35 yrs frm now.... and i know i'm going to die soon... but not be forgotten... those who burn brightest burn shortest and all... but it's such a beautiful lively scene...

anyway, i just felt like sharing... wondering... thoughts anyone... this is just me thinking out loud with anyone i can....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I keep a dream log (have for about a year). I don't have that many entries because I rarely remember my dreams, but I'll share a few:

*Night of Feb 16, 2001 (Location: Escondido Village, Stanford)

Very cool dream, no doubt the fact that I had eaten hallucinogenic mushrooms late last night helped this one out a little.

I was on a submarine. At some point it was American and at some point it became a Russian sub trying to get out of Russia without being seen by the Americans. We went really fast in the water, then threw ourselves through the air, over a peninsula, and then we were sailing through downtown 19th century St. Petersburg, which was underwater. Then accidentally we came flying out of the water again, but this time landed on rail road tracks. The sub broke up and we were stuck in Central Park in New York.

(Note: now that I have been to St. Petersburg, the dream version from that dream was nothing like the real thing).

*Night of April 12, 2002 (Location: Nu Sig House in Ann Arbor)

I was the government’s expert on microbial bioweapons. However, Saddam Hussein had thrown a curve-ball. He had genetically engineered a race of butterflies (pretty blue irridescent ones) with pincer claws instead of legs. They would latch on to some body part of a victim (right index finger, in my case) and if they were somehow pried off, they would just turn around and — like a homing missile — latch right back on to the same part. They weren’t apparently venomous or flesh-eating, but clearly having hundreds of the little monsters clamped (painfully) onto you would be a major hindrance.

For some reason, one was in my garage at home (Kirkway) and there were high-ranking government officials there trying to work out the mystery with me. I was trying to get the little demon off my finger long enough for me to run into the house and slam the door. Finally, I managed to get the thing off and smash it into a few pieces, each of which suddenly regenerated into a complete butterfly before my eyes and attacked me...and then I woke up.

*Night of June 3, 2002 (Location: Randall House, Santa Barbara)

This isn’t really a “dream” per se because I kept waking up in the process, but it merits inclusion here.

I am staying at my parents in Santa Barbara and my mother has this thing where she likes to pile whaver bed I am going to be sleeping in high with pillows. So the queen-sized bed here has six or so pillows on it. I just pushed the ones that I wasn’t using over to the other side of the bed. They attacked last night.

I was sleeping soundly on my right side when it felt like something soft grabbed my arm and rolled me over to my left side. Needless to say, this woke me up. After a few seconds, I dozed off again when I felt something else soft grab my legs and flip me onto my back. That woke me up again and no sooner had I dozed off again when another pillow grabbed my waist and flipped me back onto my right side. Obviously, the pillows weren’t really attacking, but I was having a fitful sleep and for watever reason, I was imagining that the pillows were responsible. Once my heart stopped pounding, I got up, peed, had a drink of water, and went back to sleep. I slept in fits and starts all night.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
to analyse astral journeymaking, (yeah just make shit up when you dunno what the right word is )))) )
practice the 'restrospection' technique.
remember the last moment, and backtrack from one moment to the immediately previous one. To analyse the waking life, you can also do it forwards if you want to.

"all my dreams! they're never quite as it seems.
they're never quite as it seems!
I never felt like this before, and now i'm feelin it even more..."

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
I have many weird dreams often.

Here are some memorable ones

- The dinosaurs from Jurasic park were round my house. My parents and brother were fighting a velocoraptor on the verandha while I hid in the bathroom. Then I realised my dog was outside and I went to rescue him, just as I got back to the back steps a 3 story high green T rex with 3 eyes jumped out from behind a bush, my dog attacked him, and he went to take a swipe at up and then.... i woke up.

- Parents and I were on a boat, I couldn;t find dad and then I saw him fishing in the dinge. He caught something really big that dragged him all over the bay, it surfaced once and it was a great white shark! The line broke but dad put the knife in his teeth and dived overboard intent in getting the shark. Perspective changes so now I am underwater with dad. Ocean turns into a giant swimming pool, shark is charging dad, but then it turns into the dancing baby off "Ally McBeal" only sort of metallic like the terminator.
Dad chops the dancing baby into litle pieces.

-I did have a dream I was floating above my body once when I was sick, but I am not sure if it was a out of body experience or just a dream.

I have many more but I won't bore you.
Bye

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Kyrian,

I dont know if this has been mentioned as I didnt have time to read the thread...
But scientifically speaking your dreams are caused by a hallucinogenic called DMT; dimethyltriptamine, also called ahayauasca, scientific plant name: mimosa hostillis)...

Your dreams all come from the your working subcontious so anything u dream u will have thought subcontiously...
I also find that I dream things that are going to happen sometimes a couple of years b4 it happens I dont quite understand it but I know is not a Deja Vu...

I just find it funny that when u are in REM sleep u have enough DMT in your brain to get arrested if it was in powder form....

Anyway i dont make sense today... Love to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
One of my professors who basically invented the field of sleep science explained his view of dreams like this:

When you are asleep, there is this cluster of neurons in your brainstem that sends out a bunch of impulses that seem to be random when analyzed by any mathemetical model. These cause random electrical activity in your cerebral cortex.

The dreams are a result of your mind making sense out of these random patterns. It's sort of like when you see things in clouds. The cloud doesn't really look like, say, Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day, but because the idea was on your mind your brain fits the cloud to the pattern and explains what each lump would correspond to.

The same is true of dreams, says Dr. Dement (yes, that's his name). Your brain, being highly evolved to recognize patterns, finds something remotely recognizeable in the random impulses. You dream about recent events, perhaps, because they were on your mind.

Ok, so that's his explanation. I think that while he may be right, there might be more to it. It is not inconceivable to me that perhaps there are neural circuits in the brain that are somehow sensitive to alterations in...uh...that "Force" thingie that spans space and time that really doesn't have a name. You know, psychic projections, etc.

-Mike

6,978 posts

Posted:
the main difference between dreams and astral journeys is that dreams are the projections of the subsonciousness+egos (and nothing more) and astral projection is the experience of conciousness. We all exist in a fifth, astral dimension. Sadly, most of us will never be conscious in the fifth for more than a few moments - consigned to be in a dormant state for most of our lives. The astral plane is divorced from time (the 4th dimension) and hence we can learn from beings not yet born or long dead. You cannot die in the fifth - to know this truth is to be happy with your lot. However, to harbour the self knowledge to be able to consicously astral project is to believe in impermanence - so basically you make your peace with physical death before you realise that there is no total death! everything else is put into perspective.
who cares if you missed the last bus if you know you have an everlasting spirit!

Cayshomember
9 posts

Posted:
I sense predominantly with the ethereal.
anything else comes to me as mind's eye, simply because I'm an slowly increasing my conscous awareness level. atm it's comfortable without being useless
I know that when I'm asleep, I'm capable of more, but then pretty much everyone is

Staff spinning definitely increases the ability, simply because I'm better focused and relaxed - I notice the difference within a few minutes, and the effect lasts for at least a day or so.

As SaBBas pointed out, recalling dreams is a learnable activity. I had a clinical depression a few years back, and part of the therapy was dream recall; I was doing 4 a night, although I won't do it now because I would wake up at 4am, write it down, then be knackered for work.
now, I let my subconscous tell me when there's something I need to know (epic dreams, the sort where you *know* something big got rattled).

Projection is not something I've done voluntarily (I'd like to), but I've done it before. When I was younger I remember re entering my body. More recently was about 2 years ago, fueled by an anxiety crisis of all things. It was the most intense experience I've ever had, ironically I never left my body completely (I got stuck ).

6,978 posts

Posted:
discipline is my problem. peace of mind clears you of distractions and makes the psyche receptive for action right at the crucial point - the passing from conciousness to unconsciousness. Only when your conciousness is unhindered by the subconsciousness/egos at this moment, will you be able to split your astral form for some utterly real experiences, otherwise it's another subconsciousness/ego projection - a dream!
where i fark it up is that on the mega rare occasions i fall from myself as i sleep, I get so excited....
"@#%%#@$@ SWEET! IM FLYING!! LOOK IM FLYING!! NO SHIT IM FALLING @#%$#$!"
....that the silver umbilical cord (again it is quite significant that many religions and societies observe the same phenomena, imagery - a silver chord! angels/demons with fire swords! paravision! clairvoyance! esoterics explain my life's experiences much better and more cohesively than conventional science and religion) drags me back to my body and i wake up. I must control my excitement! anyone that's seen me at a rave will know the impossibility of this hurdle!! wooT!"

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Does anybody else lay down to sleep and a few minute after laying your head down feel as if you just fall, like for no reason... and you get pretty freaked out, I can assure you of that... or am I just a freak???

--------------------
I feel the need for more sugar than the human body can handle.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Arsn,

1) Yes, that happens to me. Sometimes it's preceded by a brief dream about me stepping on something and it flying out from under my feet, sometimes it comes out of the blue (or black, as the case may be).

2) Be that as it may, you are still a freak. But you're OUR freak (well, one of our freaks, anyways) and we love you for it.

-Mike

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yes i've had that problem a lot. i get all scared about it too, cause it's falling falling and i thought i was laying on a solid surface...

neone know why this happens?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Dreams have a huge bearing on your life, they are a direct link to your subconscious mind.
Your mind is at its most relaxed state while you are asleep, but it is still as active as when you are awake.
While you sleep, your mind interperates every thing that you have seen and done that day, and puts them into some sort of order within your mind

Now how your mind puts them into an order depends on the person, but each thing that you see with in your dream is symbolic of somthing that you have seen or done that day no matter how unrelated the two may be.
Say for example you dream of some one dying, in most cases this symbolise's a new birth in the family.
As sad as this may sound, i did a course at my local collage a couple of years ago on "dreams and the working of the unconscious mind".
So if any of you want me, to tell you, the meanings of your dreams drop me a mail and I'll tell you what they mean.
(Coz I've got nothin betta to do!!!!!!)

PS ARSN
"Does anybody else lay down to sleep and a few minute after laying your head down feel as if you just fall, like for no reason... and you get pretty freaked out"

You get this feeling when your start to fall asleep too fast and your heart starts to slow to the point of you starting to die, but you usally wake up before it goes to far, but if you don't wake up, your body gives you a MASSIVE adrenalin kick to speed up your heart rate and wake you up.
What a buzz!!!!!!!

[ 08 June 2002, 04:10: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I to have been having strange, profound dreams lately. Maybe strange things are happening in the the place we go to when we sleep...

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Page: