Forums > Help! > whats that you say?

Login/Join to Participate

shen_shuimember
14 posts

Posted:
hi.

i dont know anyone else that pois. i met this guy when i was aus. that showed me a few basic moves (3-beat weave, butterfly, through the keyhole, (+ all in reverse)) and since then i've been on my own (what, roughly a month and a half). and so when people talk about these hyperloops and airwraps and isolations i have no idea what they mean. guess i feel left out. i'm not after pity. this is just me screaming underwater. vent your frustration at not understanding by typing calmly and without attachment. i dont care if you dont reply. i'm just saying it so its out. guess i could've gone to www.grouphug.us/ but when in poi do as the poimans do.

i think thats all.

see all the steam from that vent? wow...

asharat.

Those that say, dont know. Those that know, dont say.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo, if you search youll find the explanations, because you are not the first, beleeeeeve me!

also, if youve just learnt 3bt, butterfly and stuff your not really ready to go into thease things anyway, but for clarities sake, here we go one more time.

hyperloop/airwrap: this is when the poi wrap up around each other, then you transition them to another plane (wich evectivly reverses the direction, but not actually) and they un wrap again. I could tak about through wraps, but you prolly dont know what thoes are either so i wont bother.

Isolation: in normall spinnint the poi goes round the hand, in isolation the poi and the hand go round the same circle the centre of whcih is the middle of the chain/string/sock.

there you go.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

shen_shuimember
14 posts

Posted:
thank you member 796. wink
think i'm getting the hang of it pretty quick, though. taught myself 5-beat weave (not in reverse yet), plus something that i think is the 7-beat weave (i've counted them and yup there are seven), bhb 3-beat weave and some bth butterflys and the likes... i just dont understand the lingo. the moves, hey, no problem. show me the move and i'll show you i can do it an hour (or so) later (wow look at that self-assuredness).
but hey, thanks for listening, nx.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
have a look at the flowers post for something that might take you a little longer than an hour

T wave

-><- Kallisti

shen_shuimember
14 posts

Posted:
ubbloco
i saw that and it looks pretty interesting. smile
maybe one day when i can translate what people say in these threads into what my body can do, i'll get back to you....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
come to chat and we can clarify things a bit

T wave

-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Also, if youre not good with text descriptions (Ive been around for a while now and still hate them) you should check out the video section. Some of the videos are really good. Nick With Fire 1 and 2 (Dervishly Yers) has some really nice moves including the flowers Nx? talks about. And for things like hyperloops, isolations, air wraps, and more advanced moves, www.spherculism.com has a bunch of videos of them.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Quote:

me the move and i'll show you i can do it an hour (or so) later

ubblol
I bet there's a few you couldn't. Anyway, 2 things:
1. A 'move' is actually one of a family of moves that you can spend a lot of time thinking about.
2. I don't care if you can 'do' a move. It's how you're doing what you're doing when you're doing what you're doing that does it. Learn the moves, then learn them cleanly, then learn to mix it up and spin with style. And that'll take a lot more than an hour!

Happy spinning smile

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Quote:

It's how you're doing what you're doing when you're doing what you're doing that does it.

humm, someones been looking at my pip sig. ubblol

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

It's how you're doing what you're doing when you're doing what you're doing that does it. Learn the moves, then learn them cleanly, then learn to mix it up and spin with style.

if i had a hat, mate, i would take it off to yooo!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

shen_shuimember
14 posts

Posted:
thanks.
i'm sure there are heaps, too...
but i don't have anyone to bounce off, y'know, so...
i just want someone to show me some new stuff, i spose.
and yeah, i gotta practice on my dance routine. wink