RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sounds weird,I just wanted to say how lovely it is to be on a site where people work hard to maintain goodwill towards one another. Having just read a thread where people start off angry, then others come in to calm it all down, I am very impressed!!!So a thank you to all those working to restore the niceness equilibrium...*quickly dashes from room with hands covering head fearing rapid fire wink*R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
What a really nice thing to say. I'm going to have to say something mean to you now to maintain the niceness equilibrium. err, POO POO HEAD! There, equilibrium restored. smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
smile

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
That's really nice to hear, there are always the exceptions but I think most of the regulars here are perhaps one of the most well-balanced BB members on the web.I haven't come across any other BB's where I feel even slightly as confortable as I did when I first joined HoP...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mostly I find it very nice and friendly round here. And it was cool when I vanished that people were actually genuinely concerned about me.This whole point system annoyed me though. Made for an unfriendly atmosphere. I didn't mind people coming on and saying where a thread was wrong for whatever reason. But actively calling points on it was childish, competative and stupid. Not pleasant at all.

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Besides which, I was always too slow & never got the points!!! winkBut you notice how it kinda disappeared. People started by just yelling "point", then they started saying "point, but here is where you can go". Then they just gave up on the word "point" altogether.I kinda wonder, if you did a search, how many hits you would get for "point" (5 of which are in this email).& good to have your mild insanity with us Cantus... smile Don't roam too far again.R.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
unless of course you roam south winkyip - this board is nice, it's good to see people from all over the world, all ages and stuff being so friendly and helpful. HoP - Tis a good place to be smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hopefully I will soon. Lots of people wink down there I want to meet. And Cassandra is meant to be in London soon too.....

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
It is a warm and lovely place to be here... like going to this cosy lounge where you know you'll see those people you love and who just make you smile and meet new people too. smileYes Mr Cantus, definitely planning on visiting london and I would definitely be terribly disappointed not to meet you there...Jst thinking of this visit makes me happy smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Let me know when your down Cass, It'd be good to meet up!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've gotTaking a break from all your worries sure would help a lotWouldn't you like to get awaySometimes you want to goWhere everybody knows your nameand their always glad you cameYou want to be where you can seeOur troubles are all the sameYou want to be where everybody knows your name....

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
There is a Cheers Bar in Sydney, but nobody knows my name there (& I got my wallet stolen the first & last time I went)HoP is better, but its BYO...[This message has been edited by Rozi (edited 15 March 2002).]

Galawenmember
45 posts

Posted:
This BB is the bestIts the only one I know of that doesn't have a million people asking questions and no people answeringActually its quite the opposite, a million people with answers and only a few with questions. Power to the Love

Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

4,224 posts

Posted:
Durbs, I sure will let yuo know smileRozi, don't laugh, but what does BYO mean ?shine onCassandra

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Bring Your Own

4,224 posts

Posted:
so what does "hoP is better , but it's BYO" means ?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm sure that phrase is in the Aussie-French trnaslation book somewhere!"HoP is better then the Cheers bar in Sydney, but you have to Bring Your Own booze along." See?We could nominate a virtual bar man, or is that really silly? wink

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Cass, Sometimes party invites will say "BYOB" which means "Bring your own beer" to indicate that the host won't be providing alcohol.Rozi was implying that HoP is more fun than a bar but you gotta bring your own alcohol (and judging by some of the posts, some people do wink)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thank you Dom And NYC for taking the time to help me out with my english smileshine oncassandra

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Actually, did we just pass by a perfect chance to turn about a dull day by being really silly and telling Cass it meant something completely different? Doh!

4,224 posts

Posted:
actually yes, you did cause I trust you and NYC ...too bad winkshine on cassandra

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
-"If a stress acts on system in a state of dynamic equilibrium, the system will act so as to oppose that stress"I think Le Chatelier was talking about chemistry, but it works fine here.And do you people realise how damned expensive it is to get to San Fransisco from ireland!!!...anyone know of how £$£$£ ish accommodation is there...?slightly off thread, sorry.------------------...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I nearly moved to California. I would've gone by now (that would've been a real disapearance). But things didn't pan out and I'm still here - you lucky people....

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sorry Cass!!!Didn't mean to be confusing... I am just trying to be as Australian as an English-womyn in a kangaroo infested land can be!!!R.